Arrow Video Sales Copy for Software Products? What do you think about this....

Can anyone recommend some good "software sales copy" templates - especially for video?

If there's a product that you know of, feel free to send links.

What I'm observing when it comes to study sales letters (or videos) for software is several things:
    1) first the demo video is a major proof element when it comes to software as a product
    2) the "sales" part is also focused on how certain features yield certain benefits
    3) before and after demo (often times showing how you used to do something manually, then how you do it the automated way with the software....)

If someone has some insight - pls feel free to share.
    TX

PS
    In terms of the long form sales letter, it seems like for software the main thing is like the "features" matrix which breaks down each feature for people (since people who buy software are often looking for some particular features - often times features they could find in other software products)

Quote Originally Posted by winwinwin View Post
    Can anyone recommend some good "software sales copy" templates - especially for video?

If there's a product that you know of, feel free to send links.

What I'm observing when it comes to study sales letters (or videos) for software is several things:
    1) first the demo video is a major proof element when it comes to software as a product
    2) the "sales" part is also focused on how certain features yield certain benefits
    3) before and after demo (often times showing how you used to do something manually, then how you do it the automated way with the software....)

If someone has some insight - pls feel free to share.
    TX

PS
    In terms of the long form sales letter, it seems like for software the main thing is like the "features" matrix which breaks down each feature for people (since people who buy software are often looking for some particular features - often times features they could find in other software products)

PPS
    IMPORTANT! In terms of increasing conversions, this is another thing I'm noticing - the higher priced the product, the better it seems to be to use the website to "sell" the "free trial" download. Then when people download the product they can "prove to themselves" how it works. This seems to have alot to do with the consistency principle (dunno if you've ever read The Psychology of Persuasion). Point is once someone starts using something and finds it's good - they sell themselves on it.

The guy who runs the Directory of Ezines said he doubled his conversion rate by using the first point of contact to "sell" the optin vs. the product itself.

So that's something to think about. Just get people to "download" the product then everyday them them a follow up email. Of course this is harder to do if you are selling PLR to your product but that's something to think about!

Trials can work but you still need to sell the software. A lot of people will download the trial and just save it to their computer to collect virtual dust. It will be your job to get them excited about running the software right away.

I actually stopped trials and haven't seen a reduction in conversions.

I don't know of any sales video templates. I do like the perpetual product launch type of layout for selling software. Offer a video a day to show a particular benefit of using your software. I also thinking this allows for you to keep their attention since the video doesn't need to be an hour long.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    Trials can work but you still need to sell the software. A lot of people will download the trial and just save it to their computer to collect virtual dust. It will be your job to get them excited about running the software right away.

I actually stopped trials and haven't seen a reduction in conversions.

I don't know of any sales video templates. I do like the perpetual product launch type of layout for selling software. Offer a video a day to show a particular benefit of using your software. I also thinking this allows for you to keep their attention since the video doesn't need to be an hour long.

Thomas
    Nice comment Thomas!! I am excited to say that I took action and offered a trial version of the software and so far I have a 100% optin - of course there are less than 10 downloads -LOL!

I also put a redirect on the dashboard page so I can "push" sales messages. If/when I muster up the motivation, I think it's a great idea to send email follow ups that give people "tips" about how to use the email to make money.

Also I did something I'm going to list here to maybe give some people ideas. I added a "time sensitive" (i.e scarcity) personalization to my emails - it's crazy easy to do in aweber (probably other autoresponder companies as well). It goes like:

REMEMBER: Your ACTIVATION CODE expires {!date dayname+1} night.

So basically if it's monday when you opt in it says "Tuesday Night", if it's Tuesday it says "Weds. night", etc.

----
    I'd love to have someone add some input on the subject of using the software for lead generation vs. direct sales. Lead generation or "push-button-high-quality-product-creation".

thanks for the tips....