Default Need a little brainstorming help.

Ok, most everyone knows my plans once we get this beta done and automation included in Expert. For those that don't know, I am not going to be selling this product line day to day. In fact, I am only going to be selling Expert version in limited quantities once to twice a year for a hefty price.

Disclaimer: I will not stop upgrading the product line. I am using this myself so all those that have purchased will continue getting upgrades for as long as I am breathing. So you better make sure I stay healthy.

Here is where I need your brains...

I have Express, Pro and Personal sitting there doing nothing. I can just let it sit there or I can let others private label them and sell them.

I am not sure how I feel about it to be honest. My main goal is to protect current customers from resellers selling for a low price. So to counter this I could allow people to resell the pre beta version (this version is stable and tested for years). My current customers would continue getting updates which would protect their investments with me.

Plus, the sales will help me purchase more components for our versions. hehe

I am still trying to wrap my head around this idea and would appreciate some of the bright minds on this forum to jump in with their opinions.

Ideas, opinions, cheesy lines?

Thanks ,

Thomas

I understand where you're coming from T, I'm just a bit cautious of your brand being negatively affected.

I've yet to see a PLR product that has not been devalued, in spite all efforts from the product owner to instruct sellers to sell at a stipulated minimum price.

It's almost impossible to police it all once it's out there. You can hardly afford the time or expense in taking down license offenders.

Like I said, I understand where you're coming from, they are just sitting there not doing anything. but what is the price of your brand in terms of perceived value?

If you ask me, very high, that's why I've spent the money for Express and then Expert. It was positioned as something exclusive and that appealed to me. By placing some of the product line in PLR/Reseller rights category, I think there's a risk of diluting your brand, and thus possibly damaging your customers projects.

Sorry if this sounds all doom and gloom, but it's the first thing I thought of after reading your post.

Hope it helps.

Stewart

Um, sad to say but i totally agree with Stewart.
    My experience with PLR over the years and lots of PLR
    membership sites has not been good in terms of,well,exactly
    like Stewart says...there has been a few memberships i joined
    to get certain products i KNEW were high value and others i knew
    paid for them, then all of a sudden they appear in PLR and for no
    fault of "some" of us (who were ready to sell them at still a high price)
    other members who were completely dweeb newbies with no idea started
    selling them for a coffee, or incentives.
    I know you'd have a set amount you cannot sell it for under that BUT some
    people don't listen and would ignore you and do it anyway.
    Look at EXPERT for a second(imagine automation all done too).The value of
    THIS product is..well, hard to put a price on it really.You Thomas would have
    10's of thousands worth in just all the R&D and there really is NOTHING like
    Expert on the market.
    I think i know your thinking......selling us plr rights to those,say? I'd rather
    HELP you and the EXPERT line by purchased modules.
    If i can sidetrack, you said about other modules to buy..well, i am sure that if
    one module was (i am making this up of course) was a module that added more
    THEMES & Icons to the software for any niches and you had to buy it at $2,500 then you
    could ask $127, i am sure MOST of us, if not all using it, would pay for that module.
    Don't think for a minute your own your own ,pal.Were here to help to and would
    not expect free upgrades all the time , that's crazy...and my opinion.
    Anyway, the short of it...I'd prefer not releasing it as i am too afraid of it watering
    the VALUE of this type of Database program (don't hit me,)
    Robbie

ps: Sorry, i am 2.5 weeks away from MOVING to Naning,China so not been here for
    few weeks...once there, i will be more active..
    Last edited by schmutly; 09-24-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Great points guys. I agree that PLR is most often devalued which is why I wanted to protect your investment with future upgrades (which wouldn't be part of the plr offer).

I will only be selling Expert down the road in limited quantities for a very high yearly price. That is basically the gravy on top sort of thing because my main focus will be on other things.

Stewart, I am not afraid of my brand since they would be branding the programs themselves. I won't allow them to use my brand or my name when marketing the products. Those versions are very stable and the quality is there.

Robbie, the R& D will still be valuable because my future products will be built on them.

Still, you guys brought up stuff to think about. Actually, those are the main things that I have been thinking about.

Oh, Robbie have a safe trip if we don't talk before you leave. I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences in China.

Hello brainstormers!

I come here buying a WSO for TSB Maker (which come also with TSB Express). Then I upgrade to TSB Pro. Then I upgrade to TSB Expert. And finally I bought TSB Brander PLR. I think I got all of them!!!!

Having said that I also think selling plr rights to TSB 2.0 will devaluate the products.

Thomas, you could maintain TSB naming for 2.0 version and sell it normally. Add it an affiliate program on steroids (banners, promotion materials, some tutorial videos) and you should maintain an easy passive income stream selling TSB 2.0.

As you said it is a tested and proven product and there is some "knowledge momentum" about it in this forum - new customers would fell it as a "protected investment" and at the same time as a distinct product.

Then you could use ESB naming for 3.0 version and create a separate site / forum since it is a new product line.

Quote Originally Posted by cjseven View Post
    Hello brainstormers!

I come here buying a WSO for TSB Maker (which come also with TSB Express). Then I upgrade to TSB Pro. Then I upgrade to TSB Expert. And finally I bought TSB Brander PLR. I think I got all of them!!!!

Having said that I also think selling plr rights to TSB 2.0 will devaluate the products.

Thomas, you could maintain TSB naming for 2.0 version and sell it normally. Add it an affiliate program on steroids (banners, promotion materials, some tutorial videos) and you should maintain an easy passive income stream selling TSB 2.0.

As you said it is a tested and proven product and there is some "knowledge momentum" about it in this forum - new customers would fell it as a "protected investment" and at the same time as a distinct product.

Then you could use ESB naming for 3.0 version and create a separate site / forum since it is a new product line.
    Good idea! That would give me control over the pricing. I don't want to put much time into promotion material for the product line since my focus and long term goals are going elsewhere.

Plus, I am looking at a component to replace the current Expert browser automation and it costs $2,900. I am not totally happy with what I have right now and it may take care of that IE version problem.

I am planning on lot's more updates for ESB 3.0. Processing payments will be a big upgrade that will be implemented next year along with a middle tier server for the multi user capability (will speed things up for multi users). Also, the software will probably get a makeover using the new windows 8 menus. Like I said, it would keep evolving while the PLR versions won't so I am not too worried right now.

I am definitely pulling down the sales buttons for that line in October. Some major exciting stuff happening!

I still needed some advice from you guys to help me think it through. Much appreciated guys.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    Plus, I am looking at a component to replace the current Expert browser automation and it costs $2,900. I am not totally happy with what I have right now and it may take care of that IE version problem.
    I am starting to fall in love with this browser component. It is really fast! I can also replace all the browser controls with this besides using it for the Expert web automation.

Wait, the geek in me is coming out again.

Hi Thomas!

Thought I would throw in my 2 cents... been playing around with beta as much as possible, been busy working with some "offline clients"/local businesses these past few months, and will be able to test some more as the holiday kicks into gear and have some more time to myself for a change

I agree with with everyone else on the plr idea and the product possibly being devalued etc.

you could maintain TSB naming for 2.0 version and sell it normally. Add it an affiliate program on steroids (banners, promotion materials, some tutorial videos) and you should maintain an easy passive income stream selling TSB 2.0.
    That sounds like an interesting idea as well...

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by howdab2 View Post
    Hi Thomas!

Thought I would throw in my 2 cents... been playing around with beta as much as possible, been busy working with some "offline clients"/local businesses these past few months, and will be able to test some more as the holiday kicks into gear and have some more time to myself for a change

I agree with with everyone else on the plr idea and the product possibly being devalued etc.

That sounds like an interesting idea as well...

Howard
    Yeah, I agree with the general consensus. Sometimes it is better to sit on a product and not sell it. I do appreciate all the feedback. Ok, I will get back to work now. heh

Thomas