Default My Latest Product and A Marketing Idea for All of Us

So I'm guessing a lot of people have stopped posting their marketing stories here for fear of having their ideas stolen perhaps? It's really time we jump-started this forum back up, guys. Fear is for woosies.

So I'll start it off, ok?

I recently created a new version of PLR Manager and called it - - PLR Manager. lol. Fortunate for me, the domain PLRManager.com was available, and so now I can say I'm the owner, original creator, designer extraordinaire of PLR Manager, though we all know Thomas made the first the one - I didn't steal his idea, by the way, as it's part of his plr layouts package - so there

And I designed my version quite a bit differently anyhow, but really my Brother did all the work and everything is in his name.

Ok. I put it up on Warrior Plus as a free product, plus gave some copies away in the War Room on the WF through my Sister Joan. (and yeah, we got a whole Filipino marketing family here, but Joan is the most successful of us [I hate her ]

Our goal in giving away some free copies was just to get some feedback on it, check the analytics and see if people were using it (we have the software open with a browser home page, so it was easy to see return users, and what tabs they click on in the browser).

Then, satisfied that people were actually happy using it, we stopped the free giveaways and set a price of $17 on it a couple of days ago.

So far we've sold 21 copies. No bug complaints. No refunds. Brother Benjie asked the subscribers how they liked it and several people wrote us directly that they were really glad they bought it and that they really needed it.

Now hopefully I can get a few plr marketers to promote it, but we're primarily offline marketers, not digital product marketers, so it will be a challenge most likely.

Still, we added a cover creator, added 3 new skins they can use (6 total so far. We'll just trickle those out), and sold a few of our plr videos bundles from listings inside of the software browser.

-----------------------------------------------

Anyhow, that's that. But our idea is to begin to attract an audience of users of plr, who we will then market some rebrandable software to in a marketplace we are going to create called Product Presto. We were going to call it Presto Product, but there is a company with the TM called "Presto" and their domain is the plural - prestoproducts.com - so we decided to just keep the reverse, Product Presto (but we do own the additional domain prestoproduct.com to redirect the confused).

So our extended idea is that once we have this established, and it will be established before the end of January, 2016. Then we will open the marketplace doors to whoever here wants to take advantage of our audience, assuming things go well and we have an audience that is. We'll take a low cut, give Thomas a low cut (an honorary cut, since none of this would be possible otherwise), and let everyone who posts a product keep most of the money they make from our site and from our traffic.

What think ye, vagabond software creators?

Mel Bel

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Bel View Post

So far we've sold 21 copies. No bug complaints. No refunds. Brother Benjie asked the subscribers how they liked it and several people wrote us directly that they were really glad they bought it and that they really needed it.
    Congrats! That is great Mel. I love hearing stories like this.

Still, we added a cover creator, added 3 new skins they can use (6 total so far. We'll just trickle those out), and sold a few of our plr videos bundles from listings inside of the software browser.
    You can expand your product line by offering a monthly PLR service. Articles, those videos you already sold, plr software, ebooks, graphics...

I would also contact other PLR providers and tell them you would put a link in the software to their services if they promote your software program to their existing and new customers. Only hit up the people that sell PLR as part of their business model to make sure they are sending you a constant stream of prospects/sales.

Anyhow, that's that. But our idea is to begin to attract an audience of users of plr, who we will then market some rebrandable software to in a marketplace we are going to create called Product Presto. We were going to call it Presto Product, but there is a company with the TM called "Presto" and their domain is the plural - prestoproducts.com - so we decided to just keep the reverse, Product Presto (but we do own the additional domain prestoproduct.com to redirect the confused).

So our extended idea is that once we have this established, and it will be established before the end of January, 2016. Then we will open the marketplace doors to whoever here wants to take advantage of our audience, assuming things go well and we have an audience that is. We'll take a low cut, give Thomas a low cut (an honorary cut, since none of this would be possible otherwise), and let everyone who posts a product keep most of the money they make from our site and from our traffic.

What think ye, vagabond software creators?

Mel Bel

If you build up your lists, building up a service like this can take off. I remember when Warrior Plus came out. The big selling point was the possibility of Warrior Plus promoting your product. That is why a huge amount of people signed up for that service even if they didn't get promoted.

No need to cut me in on anything. I just feel like a proud father.

Thomas

Good advice, Thomas. I offered to list a few sellers offers in the browser of the software for them to mail for me and I had two good affiliates take me up on that. They made me about $450, plus I made an addition $175 through a few other products of mine inside the software.

Right now I've got it on sale cheap at $5 for Cyber Monday and made 30+ sales so far. A good test run, and only 1 refund since December 9th.

Good advice, Thomas. I offered to list a few sellers offers in the browser of the software for them to mail for me and I had two good affiliates take me up on that. They made me about $450, plus I made an addition $175 through a few other products of mine inside the software.

Right now I've got it on sale cheap at $5 for Cyber Monday and made 30+ sales so far. A good test run, and only 1 refund since December 9th.

Great job!

plus I made an addition $175 through a few other products of mine inside the software.
    I wanted to highlight this part of your post Mel.

This is where some killer viral magic happens. I first learned this when I released Ewriter a long, long time ago. I kept getting traffic from that one program for a long time. I believe some of the long term ESB users found me through that program.

I love these stories. Reading this helps to push myself to make ESB better.

Thomas

Great incentive to get going, T. is right, I found him through eWriter
    N.

Launching again in 2 days. Much tougher to prepare for this one. Video tutorials, big arse sales page, our brander and a generic brander upsell, plus ready-to-use splash screens and icons (hundreds of them).

Whew! Wish me luck. We have more affiliates for this one. Hoping for 1000+ sales, but if I can just get over 500, that will be fine.

Launching again in 2 days. Much tougher to prepare for this one. Video tutorials, big arse sales page, our brander and a generic brander upsell, plus ready-to-use splash screens and icons (hundreds of them).

Whew! Wish me luck. We have more affiliates for this one. Hoping for 1000+ sales, but if I can just get over 500, that will be fine.
    I did a joint venture with a buddy of mine some time ago. He had an idea and I used ESB to create what ended up being Clipboss.

I joked with Dennis, my partner, about it taking longer to do the videos, sales pages, graphics than it did creating the software. haha

Good luck!

YEAH! The software creation was the easy part - no doubt about that.

An interesting note to all of this is that I contacted a lot of sellers and affiliates, and a few of them have been selling Andy Brocklehurst's SPM and Icurator software for awhile (we have those too), and so when I told them about the features of "my" software, they were fishing - asking "what is TSB"? and so on.

I didn't mind telling them, because I already knew they were going to be hunting and come up empty, since you (Thomas) only sell TSB/ESB now and then.

I waited for years before it was available again, and my Sis barely got it before you pulled it off again on the WF - Dec 2014, I think. Lucky me.