Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The new ESB as a service idea

While it may not be ready in the new ESB version, it will be implemented soon after.

What you ask?

Calling API's. Many websites have API's set up that can be used to get data, to save date, edit and delete. It's the same thing we are doing but on a local database.

I have it already working in my new Smartflo (based on ESB) application that is built for marketers like us. I have several websites selling different software programs. I am able to pull in sales from all of those sites into my Smartflo program where I can analyze the data in dashboards or print off reports. I don't need to log into those sites for much of anything now.

I am also able to process refunds through paypal as well as check out transactions in dashboard and reports all through Smartflo. I don't need to log into Paypal now. haha

Soon, you will be able to create databases on your website, generate a API from that database and allow your ESB programs to connect to that database.

It will look the same as if they were connecting to the local database.

This means you could sell services that collect important data and your customers can view and interact with that data in dashboards, reports and many other goodies we have in ESB.

This is pretty huge. As big as the automation, in my not so humble opinion.

I am glad you brought up Automation.

Our savvy users, with the Expert version, could automate the data collection and post it to the online database.

Now you set up your automation to extract the data from multiple of sources and your customers are happy to fork over money for access to that data. All you need to do is check to see if the scripts are running which takes a few minutes a day.

The reason I am posting this is to get your creative juices flowing. With the reports, dashboards and other cool things in ESB you will be able to allow your customers many different ways of seeing that data.

Thomas

Or...

If there is a popular script in the niche you are using. Simply build your ESB program around that script.

With the automation, you can automated the installation of the script. You can bring in data from the script, have some dashboard/reports built for the end user, and so forth...

In my new Smartflo app, I built in a way to getting data from the script I am using for sales and affiliates. I can now sell this to the people who are also using that script.

Thomas

Or...

Create a database online and sell a monthly access per user. Many companies have people working all over the world. They can all access the same database no matter where in the world they are.

Hopefully you are seeing why I think this API stuff is going to be a big deal. As big as the automation.

Thomas

That opens so many doors and windows

Questions:

1- Will it be possible to allow only registered users to access those databases?
    I mean, I build a site with a membership system (that will take care of billing and so on) and the user uses his details to connect from ESB software?

2- Some automation programs need custom sources or logins that can't be "hardcoded" on the software. Example: software to go inside paypal and get transactions - it will need the user specific details. Will it be possible to create something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by cjseven View Post
    That opens so many doors and windows

Questions:

1- Will it be possible to allow only registered users to access those databases?
    I mean, I build a site with a membership system (that will take care of billing and so on) and the user uses his details to connect from ESB software?

2- Some automation programs need custom sources or logins that can't be "hardcoded" on the software. Example: software to go inside paypal and get transactions - it will need the user specific details. Will it be possible to create something like this?
    haha Yes! A lot of opportunities. Especially when looking at more smaller businesses or corporations that will pay a lot of money.

Ideally, I will be able to implement this as part of the current security. I still don't know as of yet. I'm still thinking about how to make this as seamless as possible. As I continue to get old, I have to think more and more before I figure things out.

Thomas

Soon, you will be able to create databases on your website, generate a API from that database and allow your ESB programs to connect to that database.
    That is going to be so cool . Will it be able to view the data in realtime online like accessing
    mysql or sqlite? Anycase...i constantly see tools coming out for getting data from sites and none
    of them have built in databases and dashboard/reports like ours will ..they only produce
    text files or excel pages and its another external output you have to deal with whereas in our apps
    "everything" will be intergrated so will be an easy sell.

With the automation, you can automated the installation of the script.
    I was thinking of embeding the script with the file object (hidden from navigation) then extract
    it to customers appdata folder so couldnt see it.
    I'd like to extract it when first run but cant see an action for that. There's "on create"
    and "fits criteria".
    How do we setup a script or action to run everytime software is run? Or in "Automatically Start On" section a tick box called "run when launched" ?
    Last edited by schmutly; 05-24-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schmutly View Post
    That is going to be so cool . Will it be able to view the data in realtime online like accessing
    mysql or sqlite? Anycase...i constantly see tools coming out for getting data from sites and none
    of them have built in databases and dashboard/reports like ours will ..they only produce
    text files or excel pages and its another external output you have to deal with whereas in our apps
    "everything" will be intergrated so will be an easy sell.
    Right, it is just taking the data from your online mysql and sending it to the ESB program. All my software sales are pulled from the database itself. This works exactly like it does now but instead of a local database it is pulling from my web mysql.

Not sure about real time since if there are changes being made you may need to refresh your data in the program. I plan on checking timestamps and giving the user a message if the record was changed by someone else. Pretty much how it works now with the local database.

The dashboards/reports is a huge feature. Complete control over how they see the data.

I was thinking of embeding the script with the file object (hidden from navigation) then extract
    it to customers appdata folder so couldnt see it.
    I'd like to extract it when first run but cant see an action for that. There's "on create"
    and "fits criteria".
    How do we setup a script or action to run everytime software is run? Or in "Automatically Start On" section a tick box called "run when launched" ?
    There isn't a way to run a script based on when the software itself runs. Only a scheduled script that runs every day would be the closest thing.

Thomas,

Can you break this down into layman's terms.

What does this actually mean?

What kind of programmes can be made with this?

Please, if you could, give some examples that non techy peeps like myself can understand :-)

Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartAlexander View Post
    Thomas,

Can you break this down into layman's terms.

What does this actually mean?

What kind of programmes can be made with this?

Please, if you could, give some examples that non techy peeps like myself can understand :-)

Thanks mate.
    No worries! Say you want to create a lead gen business for Dentists. You drive traffic to your website and get potential customers to sign up for some video on how to brush your teeth.

Now you want to sell those leads to dentists in different areas. One dentist to one area. You create a ESB program that also automates a direct mail campaign. That ESB program can pull those leads from your online database and then commence on sending out direct mail or email.

That is but one scenario.

If you are scraping websites for data, you can also set up the same scenario for paid usage to that data.

Thomas

Ha, I just started paying $300 a month for a saas that does similar to that.

1. You upload a list of contacts, including name, email address, phone number

2. The software ends out an email and tracks whether or not it has been opened. You can add as many email follow ups but lets stick with just straight line for this example

3. If an email is opened, the software connects with a 3rd party service that then calls the prospect and plays a recorded message.

4. If message is received and listened to, and still no response, software connects with 3rd party direct mail service and sends out a templated letter.

Tracks all stages of the cycle.

Does ESB do all that?