Default Using API for Backup...

Just wondering,
    When the API is ready i was thinking of using the automation to send a backup of thier
    software data (compressed) to a folder on the Dropbox API.
    Maybe once a week it will auto backup to it. That should be possible i would think Thomas
    but i'm wondering if that's possible to do viia the automation script without them having to
    click backup (they could click backup manually to save a copy to HD but the option will be there
    via a radio button that the automation will check to see if its ticket and autoback from that.

Just thinking of some ideas..
    Robbie

edit: i had a script run a while ago testing a created toggle button and it worked...so
    not sure if a backup can be done in script without FIRST having a backup from clicking..backup.
    Is a backup/restore available to be in the automation actions?
    Last edited by schmutly; 11-03-2016 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schmutly View Post
    Just wondering,
    When the API is ready i was thinking of using the automation to send a backup of thier
    software data (compressed) to a folder on the Dropbox API.
    Maybe once a week it will auto backup to it. That should be possible i would think Thomas
    but i'm wondering if that's possible to do viia the automation script without them having to
    click backup (they could click backup manually to save a copy to HD but the option will be there
    via a radio button that the automation will check to see if its ticket and autoback from that.

Just thinking of some ideas..
    Robbie

edit: i had a script run a while ago testing a created toggle button and it worked...so
    not sure if a backup can be done in script without FIRST having a backup from clicking..backup.
    Is a backup/restore available to be in the automation actions?
    Back up would be a good automation action. I would rather them have control over the restore.

I'll move this to the wishlist section so I won't lose it.

Thomas

I agree for sure, about the restore.
    I would recommend they backup manually as is good practice
    but have them backup to cloud etc as an option.
    Good one,thanks
    Robbie

Hi Thomas,
    as this was my API thread i was just wondering ...is the API still going to be added to esb?
    If you decided not to thats ok. I just wanted to know at this point. I tried get/post on a site
    and it worked but most sites are api enabled and thier functions and procedures are well
    documented.
    anywaaaayyyyysszzzz,
    hurry up and move your SmartFlo into the world while thiers still a world
    (Kim ding dong un waits for no software HAHA)
    Robbie

Hi Thomas,
    as this was my API thread i was just wondering ...is the API still going to be added to esb?
    If you decided not to thats ok. I just wanted to know at this point. I tried get/post on a site
    and it worked but most sites are api enabled and thier functions and procedures are well
    documented.
    anywaaaayyyyysszzzz,
    (Kim ding dong un waits for no software HAHA)
    Robbie
    Hey Mate,

I understand "Rules are made to be broken", but nice try. haha

http://profittigersystems.com/vbforu...r-Ground-Rules

"Asking if this feature will be added

I won't be answering these questions. There is a wishlist section that you can post features you would like to see. I may not respond to those threads but I do read them and you will notice many have been added."

I can say that my plans have not changed. Just taking longer as usual. lol

http://profittigersystems.com/vbforu...-2017-Road-Map

Working out the marketing to start the push, mate.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by
    [COLOR=#333333
    Working out the marketing to start the push, mate. [/COLOR]

Thomas
    Thats great im trying to think of ways might be able tom help via facebook group marketing.
    Will take a look at your marketing ideas once done and see if we all can't help to push it forward.
    Not long now ^_^

Thats great im trying to think of ways might be able tom help via facebook group marketing.
    Will take a look at your marketing ideas once done and see if we all can't help to push it forward.
    Not long now ^_^
    I appreciate that mate. I think the best thing you could do is create really cool automation software with ESB. Sell a ton of it and then you can upsell those that want to create their own automation with Smartflo (using your affiliate link). I will be doing something similar myself.

Not everyone will want to create their own automation scripts. Many, if not most, will want to buy something that just does it. The goal, for all of us, should be to give everyone what they want.

As far as the REST api stuff... I broke this up into 3 stages. Connecting to Api's, pulling and pushing data to and from was the first stage. Second stage was creating the forms, allowing editing, deleting, creation and setting up the rules for required data. The third stage is the most difficult since it deals with authentication. There are several ways api's authenticate and even if they use a common approach they may have their own twists that they added. This makes it difficult to create a easy way to send authentication in order to connect.

I have 2 out of the 3 stages done. You can see it in Smartflo when using the Web Api stuff. The authentication is the last bit but also the most difficult. I have to work with more api's before I can get a grip on the best approach.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    Back up would be a good automation action. I would rather them have control over the restore.

I'll move this to the wishlist section so I won't lose it.

Thomas
    A database backup action has been added and will be available within the Database actions.

You just need to supply a folder and I will auto-generate a name with the date of the backup. So it will be called something like Backup20190510. That way you can keep backing up to the same folder without overwriting existing backups.

Will be in the next update.

Thomas