Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wfjh View Post
    I did download ESB from the site and Reinstalled ESB. Sending file shortly

But like I said I have the same issue with all of my projects in ESB. I have not made any changes to them recently? only the current one I am working on .. JIM

JIM, I appreciate all the info and it may not be your project. I can't duplicate it here so the project file will be my first attempt to see what is happening. As of right now, this seems to be a problem with just your setup.

Thomas

Actually this happened to me as well when I was working on one of my old converted esb files. I was going to take a screen shot of the layout so I could print it and re-create it from scratch and I noticed the missing properties in the one table. I shut it all down and opened it up and then they were visible. I thought it was because it was a converted tsb file. I can't say I noticed it on a newly created file, but then I haven't really gotten into it too much again yet.

Mike M

Been busy on the script so only saw this.Um...confession time. Its happened a few times to me..
    BUT..i can almost repeat it.
    If you don't make any mistakes or delete editors all is fine. If you know which grid form is causing it
    and you click all the other 10 forms 50 times even it wont show up. The moment you click-around the
    editors in the grid that has an issue you see the magic disappearing act :P
    Now if you click any other form (they were fine before) they exhibit the same odd behavior.
    I never mentioned it or worried about it even as i had finished with that form and didn't need to touch
    it again.
    It didn't bother me again after an ESB restart (repair didn't seem to fix it) but did RESET its behavior for
    the rest of them (not that form still though) and i could continue.
    Its like that one form which might have had an issue (self inflicted) wont play but as i'd finished with it
    all the other ones are fine until you click an editor in THAT one again.
    Thats how you can find it. Answer? I did find if i deleted that FORM and added it again with
    different names there was no probs.

I'm going to rework this because some of the quirky behavior was getting on my nerves as well. I didn't have missing editors but that could be because I wan't using it the same way as others. Now that Robbie and Mike has confirmed they had the same problem it looks to be a code issue which is easier to find and fix.

Robbie and Mike... both of you will have to go to bed without dinner for not telling me about this earlier. You all seem to report these bugs right before I am about to do a big release. haha Still, better to get it done now than wait later.

Thanks!

Thomas

Just for the record.... This just happened to me with the latest version. And I let you know right away... so I' am going to go ahead and eat dinner!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    I'm going to rework this because some of the quirky behavior was getting on my nerves as well. I didn't have missing editors but that could be because I wan't using it the same way as others. Now that Robbie and Mike has confirmed they had the same problem it looks to be a code issue which is easier to find and fix.

Robbie and Mike... both of you will have to go to bed without dinner for not telling me about this earlier. You all seem to report these bugs right before I am about to do a big release. haha Still, better to get it done now than wait later.

Thanks!

Thomas

haha Thanks JIM. Enjoy your dinner. No soup for Mike and Robbie.

Thomas

That's ok.haha..i just got back from MacDonald's with a bacon and egg mc muffin meal
    so that's better for my heart then soup :/ NOT..haha..sorry Thomas, in fact..that's the only
    issue i had,but i felt if we are careful and don't create editors then do nasty things with them
    after all is ok.

No soup for Mike and Robbie.
    I thought about soup too, but the wife made something worse, so I've been punished twice.

Actually I didn't report it because I thought it was a conversion issue, and as soon as I took the screen shot of the layout, I deleted that project and started fresh and never noticed it on the new project.

Maybe soup tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I thought about soup too, but the wife made something worse, so I've been punished twice.
    Finally, I have something to blackmail you with. Unless your wife knows it was bad and purposely made you suffer through it. haha

Thomas,

Have you figured anything out yet on why editors are disappearing from the list? It is making it hard to finish this program for a client.
    Can you suggest anything I can do If I do a reinstall? Clean up etc.... I have uninstalled and deleted the ESB folder and reinstalled ESB......

Editors showed up and was all there, could click on them etc... they didn't open to edit when double clicked..Still have to use the "Edit" button from the menu.

I added a "Calculation Editor" to finish the get combo box value and all of the editors disappeared and I then went to "Run" the software and got this error message.... I removed the "Calculation Editor" and the software ran when "Run" was clicked.

Message :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.<br/>
    StackTrace : at TigerSoftware.Core.Builder.FormPropertyBuilder.Get PropertyCode()
    at TigerSoftware.Core.Builder.ClassBuilderBase.GetCla ssCode()
    at TigerSoftware.Core.Builder.FormClassBuilder.GetCla ssCode()
    at TigerSoftware.CodeParser.Builder.AssemblyBuilder.G enerateCode()
    at TigerSoftware.CodeParser.Builder.AssemblyBuilder.C reateAssembly(List`1 referencedAssemblies, String assemblyName, String assemblyPath)
    at Esb.Desktop.Builder.DesktopAssemblyBuilder.CreateA ssembly()
    at Esb.Desktop.Builder.DesktopAssemblyBuilder.BuildAs sembly()
    at Esb.Desktop.Utilities.ApplicationUtility.CreateCla sses()
    at Esb.Desktop.Utilities.ApplicationUtility.Initializ eStartup(SoftwareSetting settings)
    at Esb.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)
    Date :2/3/2019 7:49:53 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Wfjh; 02-04-2019 at 02:47 AM.