Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

No, I haven't looked at why it is happening since I decided to redo the code. Any fixes will have to wait for the next release. I always update the thread when a fix has been made.

Maybe we can get you going before the next release.

I'll take a look at your project.

Oh, double clicking never opened up the editor. Selecting the editor and clicking edit was the only way to open it.

Thomas

Ok, I did some quick testing and it will error out if you don't have a formula expression for the calculation. Meaning if you add a calculation but don't add the actual formula for the calculation.

I also got the disappearing editors when adding a calc. I just saved and closed the model. Reopened the model and the editors were all there. This will get fixed but will have to wait for the next release sometime hopefully this month. This alone shouldn't stop you from getting your project done. Just a pain in the butt.

If you don't have a formula entered into your calculation then that is the error. If you do then please send me over that project file. The one you gave me doesn't have any calculations. I was able to successfully add a calc field and run your program.

Thomas

Thanks, Thomas...

Here is an update from my end...
    - I created clone of the project (Different file name)
    - I deleted the "One to Many" relation between the two forms ran a "repair" and the editors in the list are ok now... all are there... The only thing is the editor names are shifted to the left of the list and there is extra white area to the right of the editor names which cause some of the longs name to have a few letters on a 2nd line... But, no disappearing editors.... YAY!!
    - Then I added the Calc Editor" saved the project and tried to run it and got the error I posted above (with No formula in the Calc Editor)
    - Went into the "Calc Editor" and changed the type to "Currency" and I was able to "Run" the project with no errors and no formula?
    - I did change it to a few different types (Decimal, Number etc.) and the software would "Run" with no errors...

Going to play some more...... I will enter the formula and do a "One to Many' Relationship and see what happens...

I will let you know my results if I have something go wrong ... JIM

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    Ok, I did some quick testing and it will error out if you don't have a formula expression for the calculation. Meaning if you add a calculation but don't add the actual formula for the calculation.

I also got the disappearing editors when adding a calc. I just saved and closed the model. Reopened the model and the editors were all there. This will get fixed but will have to wait for the next release sometime hopefully this month. This alone shouldn't stop you from getting your project done. Just a pain in the butt.

If you don't have a formula entered into your calculation then that is the error. If you do then please send me over that project file. The one you gave me doesn't have any calculations. I was able to successfully add a calc field and run your program.

Thomas

Thanks JIM. I will make sure to test these out when I redo the code. Freaky stuff for sure. haha

Thomas

No problem Thomas.... I hope me playing around like that helps you!!
    JIM

Thanks JIM. I will make sure to test these out when I redo the code. Freaky stuff for sure. haha

Thomas

This is fixed and will be in the next update. This ended up being a big rewrite to get it to work better. This was not fun, but best to get it done before the next release. I am looking forward to not dealing with the whacky behaviors we have been experiencing.

I still have some more testing to do since it ended up being such a big change.

JIM, you will be able to double click on a editor to open it now.

Thomas

Yay!!! Thank You Thomas.... Also I've Been having some issues with 'Customize Layout" Should I create a new post to help you keep track since it is a different topic?
    JIM
    This is fixed and will be in the next update. This ended up being a big rewrite to get it to work better. This was not fun, but best to get it done before the next release. I am looking forward to not dealing with the whacky behaviors we have been experiencing.

I still have some more testing to do since it ended up being such a big change.

JIM, you will be able to double click on a editor to open it now.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Wfjh View Post
    Yay!!! Thank You Thomas.... Also I've Been having some issues with 'Customize Layout" Should I create a new post to help you keep track since it is a different topic?
    JIM
    Yes, please keep each issue separate otherwise I lose track of what is a problem and needs to be worked on.

Thanks,

Thomas

I went ahead and added some different colors for each form. To help make it easier to keep track of your programs since it can get rather big.

Grid Forms will be one color.
    Word Forms will be another and so on...

Thomas

Aww...so beautiful