Thread: Earthquake

Default Earthquake

We were hit by an earthquake last night here in Surigao Del Norte. Fortunately, I was in bed and didn't get hit with anything but my tv almost landed on me, but my sister has a nasty bump on her head. She was brushing her teeth and it threw her against the wall.

It was like getting hit by a train. Lots of damage and one of our neighbors is dead.

I'm writing this using a small generator. We have no power or water. It took a water tank we use out here and threw it down to the ground from 40 foot up, smashing into our well.

It's been a rough night and day. Lots of broken glass and cracks everywhere. Jeez.

Mel

WOW Mel... so sorry. Thats terrible. Glad you & family alright and so
    sad to here about your neighbour. I tell you it's end times for sure. Theres been
    no end of volcanos rumbling , earthquakes in various places and a few weeks ago
    here in Adeleiade we had a small 3.7 but its only going to get worse.
    New Zealand just had a 5...a 5.6 in India.More and more everyday.

edit: WOW a 6.7 hit? Thats so scary. All love and hugs to you and family.
    Hope Joan(correct?) is ok too.
    Take care,
    Robbie
    ps: i bought your plr just to support you too. ciao

I was just reading about the earthquake. I'm really glad you and your family is ok.

Thanks Robbie and Thomas.

I think you're right about the end times, Robbie.

It's the biggest quake here in over 130 years. Roads are bulked up and we have to take long detours to town over some scary bridges. Lol.

Still no water yet. We have to buy jugs of water and use that. They should have the power back on today hopefully. I got work to catch up on when they do. Small generator only lasts so long.

Tc guys and thanks for the well wishes and support.

Mel

Oh, power came back on just a few minutes after my last reply. Thank God.

A lot of fixing up to do, but at least things will start to get back to normalcy.

Mel

I looked at some pics of the roads broken up
    And huge cracks across some large buildings.
    Are you in a ground unit or larger building?
    I think i'd be moving to a tent .
    Lets hope any aftershocks are minimal.
    I guess the poor animals didnt know what to do either.
    Still, something i'd not want to go through.
    Hang in there.

I live in a big two-story, American style house, so no worries there - it's solid. But if a 7.9 hits us...well, might not matter how solid it is. lol. This 6.7 shook it really hard and cracked the floor in different spots, plus along the concrete area outside.

I went to town earlier today and came back at night and there were a lot of people sleeping in the roads because of the aftershocks. They're afraid their homes will collapse on them.

And there is still no fix for the water shortage. In town today there were long lines of people trying to get water to no avail. It's a miserable situation in the city.

And there has been well over 100 aftershocks at this point. Hard to sleep at night.

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Bel View Post
    I live in a big two-story, American style house, so no worries there - it's solid. But if a 7.9 hits us...well, might not matter how solid it is. lol. This 6.7 shook it really hard and cracked the floor in different spots, plus along the concrete area outside.

I went to town earlier today and came back at night and there were a lot of people sleeping in the roads because of the aftershocks. They're afraid their homes will collapse on them.

And there is still no fix for the water shortage. In town today there were long lines of people trying to get water to no avail. It's a miserable situation in the city.

And there has been well over 100 aftershocks at this point. Hard to sleep at night.

Mel
    Mel, is there any type of national relief program there? I would think the government would try to get some water and aid to those areas.

Thomas

Not really any relief effort going on at all. The government is corrupt, but I guess Duterte is trying to clean it up.

But the water is now fixed, finally, so things should be getting back to normal as these aftershocks slow down and people stop feeling terrified.

Back to being worried about assassins on motorcycles again. Lol

Mel

Wonderful tourist destination Hmmm..pity the cracks in the road don't swallow
    up the crims...haha
    Glad..now bacvk to some sort of normality. Whats normal though?
    Robbie