Default Possiblity for browser editor or How to do ....

Howdy again Thomas.
    I was working last night on a script and was able to take an address and the google map url
    and combine it once a record is updated to show as a link in the Contacts..
    Like this ---> http://prntscr.com/ewq4zs
    When you click the link shows the google map --> http://prntscr.com/ewq64s

The script works great..if i change the address and save the contact then it updates the
    Google map link url (of course i am doing it with one record (as suggested in video docs)
    and not targetID until we get the automationserver update..but good to know it works.

If i add a browser form ( http://prntscr.com/ewq6ko ) if we could access that record too
    (as it will have a URL associated with it) then that record of (https://#) can be changed
    to the one created from the contact->google map script link. Then it wouls SHOW the
    map in the contact.
    Is that possible?
    Thanks..just adding this to wishlist (unless there's a way to do it would be great)

Robbie

Robbie, are you asking for access to the browser (static item) url within automation?

Thomas

Yes Thomas, exactly.
    If we could get access to the url property ( http://prntscr.com/ewxx83 ) then we could
    do tons of stuff. Some stuff like:
    1. What i did to join the texts together & create a url to google map for a contact and
    show that contact here ( i manually added it to above browser to show what it would
    look like here--> http://prntscr.com/ewxyv5 )
    2. You could pull in a URL from automation like a landing page,download page ect and show
    that in a browser.
    3. In the contacts too instead of having thier link to thier business website the automation could grab the url
    from the contact data and upon saving record would create the link in a browser and show the actually site
    in say, another tab. I think it's a good idea because we dont know what customers are added into a contact
    database and this would show them that customers website for easy access.
    If they spelt it wrong it wouldnt matter as it would be something the software CUSTOMER coud see that he
    did a typo and just edit it correctly,save the record, and url would work then..no need to worry its hard
    coded into the program from us as the automation is doing the url update for the browser window.

At present we need to pre-add a url to ( here )
    or use a website editor (which is only a link )
    I think if we could "see" the Browsers property
    which would only be the url we could do above stuff.

Do you think it's a good idea?
    Robbie

PS: Is there a way apart from all above to be able to grab the records (the address parts combined like i did to show FULL url )
    and then show that inside a browser window in the software? I cant see how to do it unless we had access to the browser url property.
    ALSO....i will be make lots of videos that show in detail the automation stuff i'm doing that will help others
    too which should take a tiny load off.

I don't want to create more work for you Thomas hence i added it to the wishlist. I think it'd be a great idea and
    wanted to know what you thought, if those ideas could be useful?
    PPS: Have to wait till Monday for the shooting..some things came up as they usually do haha.

UPDATE:
    I added another browser object to the contacts. So if we had access to both these url properties
    we could update/show a google map AND thier website...like this:
    --> Map ( http://prntscr.com/ex9w7p ) and Website ( http://prntscr.com/ex9wl8 )

What'ya thinko ??
    Last edited by schmutly; 04-16-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    Robbie, are you asking for access to the browser (static item) url within automation?
    Thomas
    Sorry, im just asking as i didnt get a reply to my reply, and you were really busy before (and still
    are of course).
    I just wanted to know at this stage was that possible to access that in automation?
    Only reply later sometime when your not busy..if your sure it can't be done i can take that feature outa my software but i think it'b be good option. Back to testing...

Quote Originally Posted by schmutly View Post
    Sorry, im just asking as i didnt get a reply to my reply, and you were really busy before (and still
    are of course).
    I just wanted to know at this stage was that possible to access that in automation?
    Only reply later sometime when your not busy..if your sure it can't be done i can take that feature outa my software but i think it'b be good option. Back to testing...
    No, it isn't available as of right now.

I may create a new editor for this.

I will update this thread if it gets added.

Thomas

Thumbs up

ok, thanks Thomas.
    I like this manual run script.
    Lots of uses.
    Testing 'criteria matches' today and will try
    out the recurrence...thanks again,
    Robbie

Here's hoping this thread gets updated lol. I like my idea of automating the web address and google address
    from a customers details and showing that in the database (like i did in the first post in this thread) and i can
    see lots of possiblities with this feature.
    So if this could be a new editor possiblilty and allow automation to access this url then i think i will "nut" out
    a few examples and see what others think. It all depends on if it can be even done.

Another idea i JUST thought of might be a great reason for it. Say you were monitoring a website for a certain change.
    The browser object would be in a dashboard of "changes" of other sites/products. And an autoscript that goes off to
    check this site and if theres a change, could update th webpage browser within software of new updated url changes.

Oh..i need to add a wishlist item about sometihng else..i better do it now els't i forget :/

A new browser editor has been added and will be in the next update.

Each record will have it's own url that will be shown in the browser. You will be able to access the property from Automation just like any other property.

I like the idea, Robbie, and may use it for showing maps of houses or locations of shipped items.

Thomas

Thats AWESOME Thomas...excellent.
    Last edited by schmutly; 09-12-2017 at 07:40 PM.