Default Video tutorial idea submissions...

I need to some help in coming up with some ideas for video tutorials.

It can be everything from building out forms, to layouts to automation.

You want something automated, post it here and I will try and do a video showing how to do it.

I want to build up a good library of videos that will help 90% of common tasks.

Thomas

Been a psycho week so i havent been on much.
    Will get into this and got some ideas to share.
    I am aiming for Thurs night or all saturday free so
    will get that up then..great to see :P

Get some rest Robbie.

I'm going to get the ball rolling with ideas.

I try to routinely backup my software projects and upload them to various cloud storage accounts. Always good to back it up in multiple places, especially off site.

I had written a quick script to do this but just automated it with Smartflo today. It took about ten minutes and my backup is about half the size as it was before Smartflo.

Basically, I create a zip file of all the directories in my project file. I exclude many folders that I use for testing which also happens to be big in size.

I create the zip and then upload it to a couple cloud accounts.

Is this something people would like a tutorial on? Like I said, it took about 10 minutes to build and I could run it on a daily, weekly or monthly schedule if I wanted it completely hands off.

Thomas

That would be good start T. as I often sent files up to my MS one drive account so my boy can down load them to his computer to carry on working on them. this is better than sending over email and quicker than saving the files to usb stick and handing it over to him.

Neal

Quote Originally Posted by nealtucker View Post
    That would be good start T. as I often sent files up to my MS one drive account so my boy can down load them to his computer to carry on working on them. this is better than sending over email and quicker than saving the files to usb stick and handing it over to him.

Neal

Hey Neal,

Just to be clear, the cloud storage is a Smartflo feature and isn't in ESB (this is the Smartflo sub forum). I know it is getting confusing and I am trying to keep everything separate even though there are a lot of similarities between Smartflo and ESB.

There is a tutorial suggestion thread in the Software Builder sub forum as well.

Thomas