Thread: Xtreme Wishlist

Default Xtreme Wishlist

Hey there, Thomas.

So I was thinking of some things that would be cool to have in these Xtreme programs...

1. I think you mentioned a checklist function. That would be good to have for sure, maybe in the sidebar of the PDF attachment feature or something, alongside Notes.

2. The ability to put some kind of marker on the pages of a pdf or to give some indication to look at the sidebar for a note or link. Right now I'm using Nitro Reader to put note icons in a pdf, then I load the pdf inside PDF Xtreme and when the note icons are hovered over, they show a brief message to see the notes or links in the sidebar. Works great, but it would be cool if the user could add some kind of marker also from inside the software on their own, other than a highlight.

3. You know, Thomas, you're really close with these Xtreme programs to being able to position them as possible LMS Software.
    I was thinking if you could include a browser function from the creator side that works just like it does in ESB (via singleton form), then it would be possible to load a url without an address bar that contained a Learn Dash or WP Courseware quiz/course.

To the person taking the course and quizzes, it would seem like the LMS was part of the software (no address bar, no right clicking to discover the source - of course they would need to have an active connection, but the software would seem like a hybrid Desktop/SaaS), and then the study materials would be everything the way Xtreme is now, plus even Articulate Storyline lessons could be streamed from Amazon Cloudfront using the current Video Attachment feature.

LMS software is a huge business. Creating these for businesses or organizations could be some big money.

Lots of possibilities with these Xtreme programs. I'm just brainstorming and really enjoying these programs.

Mel

Thanks for the great feedback Mel!

I had to look up LMS software. haha

I did create PdfXtreme, MindmapXtreme and DiagramXtreme as learning/brainstorming tools for myself. Something I could continue to add more and more and more resources too as my learning expanded. I'll be using these a lot for lead magnets as well.

KanbanXtreme is the anomaly in that it was created to manage my projects but also be able to create todo lists for people that I hire. I can pack it with all the resources like how to videos to help people I hire or myself get the tasks finished.

I will definitely take a closer look at the LMS market. I'm really glad I didn't give up on this product line if I can position these for a larger market. haha I honestly didn't expect much sales from these programs when I first created them.

PdfXtreme:

I think adding a Browser is doable and will look into adding that. I had thought about it when I first created these, but didn't think of any good reason to add it. I want to add it now that I read your ideas.

The todo lists is a kanban document that you can attach to a pdf page.

xtremekanban.jpg

I like the Kanban approach because they allow you to keep track of the progress by moving the tasks from one stage to another.

I do think we will be able to add notes icons eventually.

I need to update the documentation, but when you add a highlight to text, you can right click that highlight and click the Properties. There you can add a comment that will be shown in a tooltip when the user hovers the mouse over that highlight. You could add a comment there that says "See Diagram Name for More details" and that is what they will see when the hover over the highlight.

I will also be using specific colors to highlight passages that have correlated documents. For example, I will highlight all passages that have diagrams a light blue. Mindmaps a light orange, Kanban todo lists a light green and so on... I will just make sure I explain the color scheme in a intro video.

Keep the brainstorming coming! That is how we make these better.

Thomas

I just tested the highlight feature. Wow. I didn't really look at it much before - that's what I get for assuming things about it before really testing it.

Forget about note icons. How you already have it is perfect. It's a lot better to do it with the highlights, especially for inline notes, instead of a bunch of note icons all over the pdf. That's one I can scratch off the wishlist already. Great feature!

Yeah, I agree with you also about using the Kanban approach instead of just using some standard checklists. Good points.

I'm putting something together now to give away as a bonus for a product we're promoting. I'm looking forward to the feedback I get from our subs.

Thanks for the reply, Thomas!

Mel

Thanks for the new 3.0.6 updates, Thomas!

One more wee, tiny little wish, if I may, Thomas. And after this I'll shut up for - oh - 2 or 3 days.

This is something you may not want to do...

The only thing I can see that is a deal-killer on giving customers plr/branding with PDFXtreme (and I guess the others too), is the "Open" button.

The open button allows the customer to replace the main pdf. Not a big deal for the "no sharing" and "allow sharing", because they can't brand.

But for the ones who get to brand their own software, it means they can replace the main pdf and then wipe out all the attachments, etc., and use their own icon/splash, and basically create an entirely new pdf software product if they want to.

So that would be my wish, that the "open" button be greyed out for the customers so they can't replace the main file. That limits them to adding/subtracting content and attachments, plus branding, but they won't be able to just create a new product.

Yes, I'm an evil tyrant who wants to financially enslave my customers to me. Lol.

No worries Mel. Great idea. I can remove the open button on the viewer.

Thomas

Oh, cool!

I was just kidding about enslaving the customers. What it will allow me to do though is segment them better for sure.

We have some customers who won't spend more than $10 on anything, no matter what it is.

But we have some that will buy up everything. Just yesterday (or maybe the day before that - American time) we had a guy who bought a lifetime membership to something we promoted, and it was $497. We got 50% commissions, plus commissions on the other products he bought before that.

That guy is a prime candidate for buying the Xtreme Bundle when you have that going, and we have others like that too.

Thanks Thomas!

Mel

Thanks for the latest Xtreme update, Thomas!

Small update, BIG IMPACT.

Mel

Is it possible to add a simple scheduling feature to the Kanban Xtreme program or documents? Something like just picking a date and a time for each card?

Thanks!

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Bel View Post
    Is it possible to add a simple scheduling feature to the Kanban Xtreme program or documents? Something like just picking a date and a time for each card?

Thanks!

Mel
    Like a Start and End feature?

Thomas

Yeah, something like that (I think). LOL

Set a date for when a task is due - that sort of thing.

By the way...got your recent update email.

That will be great when your affiliate program is ready. We've had several buyers ask about being able to just add their own guide as the main guide. That's why I wanted that "open" button off, so they don't have the option and will buy Xtreme through our link.

Thanks!

Mel