Default Need to search through list of Files in a folder.

Hi Thomas,
    I have sucsessfully take a file editor zipped file record copied it to a new created folder on PC,
    unzipped the file into its full file path keeping all folders.
    The folders each have a index.html file.
    I need to search through each file and replace a token in each folder.
    So...my question....i cant see any file actions to search list of files.Ill use the
    replace text action in a loop but where is the action to list the files.?
    Its quite late, 1am,lol...so is that possible?
    I spent all this time getting 2 zipped records to unzip on PC .
    Its not a browse to local thing as i am using common app data temp folder
    and created an info folder in there (each persons different) mine
    is: c:\Users\softwarepc\AppData\Local\Temp\info\ ( i created info folder and unzipped them into there)

Thanks, hope that's clear..i am pretty tired though..lol
    Ill check in mornign.

Robbier

Robbie, that would be under the Folder Automation actions.

After looking through those Folder Actions, I need to make some major changes to bring them up to the other Actions. It is simply too difficult the way it is implemented. I'll make sure to get it done and have it in the next update which is scheduled for next week.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    Robbie, that would be under the Folder Automation actions.

After looking through those Folder Actions, I need to make some major changes to bring them up to the other Actions.
    It is simply too difficult the way it is implemented. I'll make sure to get it done and have it in the next update which is scheduled for next week.
    Thomas
    Howdy Thomas,
    i had been working all the way through the folders and files section but couldn't work anything out from
    within them. Directory search container was confusing as it wanted a 'while' activity.
    I kept getting "...The activity 'Directory Search Container' cannot reference activity 'While' ..."
    So, um...i gave up on that for now haha.
    But that would be good.
    Maybe this action: "Get Files in folder" Retrieves the files in folder[variable] that match "*.txt"
    I guess its not possible to add a choice of : search by expression? No? ok...just asking lol.

Thanks,
    i can use the "for each" action to go through list of files and change what i need but i couldn't get
    ANY of the folder actions to "see" any files..the Output never showed how many files in the list or
    any of the names of the files.
    If i wanted to go through and rename a list of files in a folder i couldn't get it to work as i think Esb wanted the
    Dir search container to contain that set of actions but it wouldn't let me. I can wait..whenever it gets done.
    Other stuff top move onto and try.

PS: Im trying to go through as MANY of the actions in scripts as i can to show others the uses so ill go find some more HAHA.

Robbie