Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Could we have a HIDDEN PASSWORD EDITOR?

In our programs i was wondering if we could have an EDITOR that shows "stars"
    instead of the password?
    In many real world situations the customer may have the app opened and it would
    be easy to see thier password. so i mean this-- http://prntscr.com/jfig5c

The editor could be so that in the automation, like the combo box, instead of taking
    the description it grabs the port..in the password editor it will take the password but
    show the star instead.

Is that easy,possible? I think it would be a useful editor.

Robbie

Sure, but it will be an either or type of thing. Either the password will be hidden or not. Easy change and I thought about doing it but didn't want to make a change like that if others were already using the editor.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    Sure, but it will be an either or type of thing. Either the password will be hidden or not.
    Easy change and I thought about doing it but didn't want to make a change like that if others were already using the editor.
    Thomas
    That'd be good. THX. Would it have a text validation of some sort? Like if you type a password and its all stars if you
    mis-typed what you wanted (stuck key say..) you wouldnt know..ahh, you know what i mean lol.

Quote Originally Posted by schmutly View Post
    That'd be good. THX. Would it have a text validation of some sort? Like if you type a password and its all stars if you
    mis-typed what you wanted (stuck key say..) you wouldnt know..ahh, you know what i mean lol.

No, it would just show stars when you type in the password. No validation.

Thomas

Sure, but it will be an either or type of thing. Either the password will be hidden or not. Easy change and I thought about doing it but didn't want to make a change like that if others were already using the editor.

Thomas
    Thomas, howdy. I was confused on "...if others were already using the editor..." What do you mean?
    Is this a NEW editor to add for passwords or you will change a current editor? Im confused...no, i am haha.

Quote Originally Posted by schmutly View Post
    Thomas, howdy. I was confused on "...if others were already using the editor..." What do you mean?
    Is this a NEW editor to add for passwords or you will change a current editor? Im confused...no, i am haha.
    It doesn't matter Robbie.

Thomas

It doesn't matter Robbie.
    Thomas
    Oh yeah lol :/ lol
    Better get a few vids done as have time off 10th to 24th..no excuse for me.
    Later,
    :-P

Password editor has been added. It will display * for the letters. A button will be on the left that will will show the characters if the end user clicks on it. That way the user can view the password if they forgot it. Happens to me all the time. It reverts back to the * characters when the person goes to another field on the window.

Will be in the next update.

Thomas

Awesome updates, all of these.

Thanks!

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Bel View Post
    Awesome updates, all of these.

Thanks!

Mel
    I figured I better see what I can knock out before the next release.

Thomas