Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by eyasu View Post
    Robbie,
    This is very important. You are working for all of us. What can we help please?
    Eyasu
    You cant do anything pal lol :P
    Thanks anyway...Patience.

I'm going with the plugin. I have got my ESB plugin installed and when a transaction "Completed" comes
    in it sends an email. So i will add into that Function to send a buy (when purchased is successful) and it will
    send them a link to download the product with more information too.

I am over the weekend going to get it so it imports into a new database inside wordpress and all the activation and
    Thomas files will all go within the plugin and it will ALL be in one place...no need then to give details on HOW to
    create a DB in C PANEL or upload via FTP server.
    I'm sure you all could do that but easier to just install/activate wordpress plugin (must have one other IPN plugin installed)
    and it'll be good to go....this will take a little bit. Learned a fair bit over last week.
    This way will be so much easier for everyone.

ok, gotta go...Fri night, time with my boys...seeya
    Robbie

UPDATE:

ESB WordPress Plugin...almost complete :-)
    Works GREAT
    I decided to do it this way and I'm glad i did. It means that you dont need to mess with
    Control Panel or create a database and upload Thomas's and my edited files to a folder
    nor install a different IPN script and configure that and..and..and...it was too much.

Now, almost don't need instructions as they're included in the plugin's settings page.
    It creates a separate database to hold just the 5 activation columns in their own table.
    You will need to install my plugin AND the WordPress IPN plugin by Angell.
    Together they have solved the problem..no need to remember database details etc as
    it uses wordpress $wpdb class to do the magic.
    Been a long time coming...took over two weeks as i have to unlearn mysql syntax and
    learn some different ways using wordpress core files and some of it stumped me with lots
    of errors...but, posted and got some corrections from WordPress guru's and that community was
    so helpful.

It's just about ready. Easily by the weekend for sure.

I will update this thread once it's done. I prefer, if you don't mind, that i will PM the link and info
    because a lot of you have been hear for a long time and from this point forward it might be good
    to get a 'coffee' from any newbies going forward after this.

Also, the plugin i think will eliminate, for the most part, support as it's hard for it to go wrong i would think.
    Tested with 3 different wordpress installs on main domain and sub domain. I need to test it in a folder off
    the main domain, i.e: http://yourdomain.com/worpress-site.

Thanks for your patience...hope you enjoy it and thanks MOSTLY to Thomas for his push and a great piece
    of powerful automation and creative software.
    If you haven't picked up Expert or Smartflo i suggest you get your knees dirty and start begging NOW!! lol

Robbie

***UPDATE***
    All going good..no probs with activation. Just a few issues with admin page getting it setup with instructions and
    a few other things. While i was thinking (scary) i decided (as some may not have RAP..like me) to add in another
    Hook.
    There are several hooks i have added. One fills a new table with your software fields; all the needed things for
    activation and IP recording/checking.
    Another hook fires when a payment is completed and sends YOU an email to let you know of a purchase.

The hook I just thought of is if someone refunds. At present (even before with the script I used outside of WordPress)
    you'd have to go into PayPal and do the refund then come back to WordPress and go into table and update field
    from completed to Refunded..not ideal and more work.
    If you don't have RAP's or similar (which does that for you...refunding them i mean) you still will need to go to PayPal
    and do it through PayPal, right? I don't know...never had to refund someone and go back to PayPal but i'm sure you
    have to,but, anyway...once you DO do that my HOOK will auto-update the IPN table , send you an email it was
    refunded (including other details) and if they try to re-activate it...will fail.
    Thats the plan.
    Last edited by schmutly; 02-16-2019 at 07:56 PM.

That's great news, Robbie. Congrats on getting it figured out and developed. And it will be just in time so you can earn some money from new people coming into ESB as well.

Mel

Robbie,
    This was one of the piece the powerful ESB was missing. You made it at last. I was shouting for help and troubling Thomas for a long time. Congratulations.
    Eyasu

Quote Originally Posted by eyasu View Post
    Robbie,
    This was one of the piece the powerful ESB was missing. You made it at last. I was shouting for help and troubling Thomas for a long time. Congratulations.
    Eyasu
    It's almost there. sorry its delayed. i thought i had it licked but there's a small issue i am trying to nut out. Now "WE" can all see why it takes Thomas some
    time. Sometimes little bugs show and you just keep plugin away (no pun intended , right lol )
    I do promise that ill post as soon as ts ready. Its nothing major, wordpress & php don't like each other in certain ways..hard to phantom but doing functions and
    scripts outside of wordpress is easy, trying to make em work inside is a pain.
    Basically:
    You will only be able to install in http(s)://yourdomain.com OR http(s)://sub.yourdomain.com OR in a domain as a subfolder (cannot have wordpress in main
    domain AND a folder OFF that main domain WITH another copy of wordpress in there.
    WordPress will work, there's issues with the script if its that last point. But that last option is odd i think.
    Recommend: Install in new domain or in a subdomain OR in a domain folder that has something else in that domain , like any other script.

Its probably doable eventually but honesty? I'm not going that route. Just install in a new domain OR subdomain and keep it as the software activation site
    anyway...then i can more forward much quicker. So if you do that i can guarantee it will work. Trying it in a domain that has WordPress already and you put
    another wordpress site under it in a folder.. i wont support it. There.Done.That was easy

Back to it...not long now. (hope above makes sense.)

Robbie

EDIT:
    Forgot to say. I think its something to do with Slim Framework. Maybe it has declares and includes and functions and global variables
    and caches etc that are already being used for that domain root (site.com) and doesn't like to declare these functions and required files
    twice under same root domain ie: (site.com/folder <--still same domain...i think its an issue like that.)
    As i don't know Slim (dont want to too much reading and learning now ) i think its that. Besides i don't think it liked being in a
    plugin..although, to be honest, its only given me an issue in that above case...works every other way.

BYE
    Last edited by schmutly; Yesterday at 06:34 AM.

Robbie, you don't need to use the Slim framework. You can use any framework you want that has REST routing. ESB won't know what framework you are using. It just makes a call to a location and expects a result.

Thomas

Yeah, thanks anyway Thomas.
    It's 100% usable as is right now, got the refund email working last night and updating DB.
    Just really finishing the docs & will make a quick video.
    My link url shortner on main site sendmeto.xyz is in root. So i tried wordpress install in
    sendmeto.xyz/blog and it works fine.
    All scenarios work except having a site.com with wordpress then another WP install under
    site.com/another-wordpress-install.
    plugin/script/activation --> site.com only TICK
    plugin/script/activation --> subdomain.site.com TICK
    plugin/script/activation --> site.com/wordpress (but not also in site.com) only TICK
    plugin/script/activation --> site.com (any other script as root install) but wordpress in FOLDER. TICK
    plugin/script/activation --> site.com/wordpress & site.com WITH wordpress already in there ..404 error. FAIL.

I'll finish it up now. This will all change of course once we get the Expert with API...do it all in there

Thanks,
    Robbie

ps: way,way,way,way,wayyyyyy too much time on this :/ running for final leg
    Last edited by schmutly; Yesterday at 09:26 PM.

Implemented the UPDATE process for the plugin. http://prntscr.com/moes9a
    Almost there (you said that 100 times :/)
    only one tiny niggle issue to resolve. Its the type that HAS to be resolved BUT..
    working away. Once that's done i will update. Then you can test it out.

L8R..

EDIT:
    Thomas, you'll have to change thread title to Robbie's Cool Plugin lol

EDIT2:
    Just got the software 'refunded' hook code working. Phew. 1000 down, one to go :/
    Just means when you go to PayPal, click a transaction http://prntscr.com/mof7be
    and issue a refund it will trigger a hook to send you an email that Mr Serial Refunder dude
    got his last $ back and ALSO update the software DB table with refunded so that it cant
    be re-activated.

gota go,
    Robbie

PS:
    Heres a screen shot showing the software getting activated successfully and both IP's stored in DB-> http://prntscr.com/moferx

Now with after a refund and they try to activate --> http://prntscr.com/moffqm

BYE!!
    Last edited by schmutly; Today at 09:26 PM.