Default Doing the PayPal Activation IMages/posts this weeeeeeek

Just letting those who i contacted via PM that I'm finishing up doing the Step by Step for the
    PayPal Activation of our software's.
    Almost done. Trying to do as much as i can today as busy next 2 days.
    Then i will PM a link to the files and the setup process.
    When you do get them please go through each step carefully. Its easy. but easy to cause stress
    if you miss a step. If things are not fully clear contact me via the email i will send you.
    it will be a new email just for this so i can keep it separate.
    of course this whole PayPal IPN via API thing will be easier when Expert is ready but this works for now

For everyone else, once the beta testers have checked it with PayPal sandbox then 'LIVE' I'll let you
    all know about it.
    I wont be pasting it at all in the threads. I don't obviously want anyone to get outside of Tiger.
    It was lots of hours and hard work (for me) so a tiny beer might be asked. I can see why support for this
    sort of thing is too much as if things change or emails all the time i would ask more. But i don't want to do that
    and , in honesty, its not that hard at all :P
    Everyone's biggest issue will be i think:
    1. PHP/MySQL versions on their server/hosting company (will send what versions it works with. They would happily update
    those scripts their end and warn you it may affect currently installed databases (IE: WordPress) but unlikely.
    2. I am using C PANEL...like 99% of hosting companies and VPS etc. You may unlikely have some odd back end script like
    with Bluehost (i think??) but its simply as long as they/you can create a PHP/MySQL DB you'll be fine.

Thomas, once done it would be great to be able to give those who have Expert/Smartflo access to it within,like,
    that old members area we had. What you think?

Quote Originally Posted by schmutly View Post
    Just letting those who i contacted via PM that I'm finishing up doing the Step by Step for the
    PayPal Activation of our software's.
    Almost done. Trying to do as much as i can today as busy next 2 days.
    Then i will PM a link to the files and the setup process.
    When you do get them please go through each step carefully. Its easy. but easy to cause stress
    if you miss a step. If things are not fully clear contact me via the email i will send you.
    it will be a new email just for this so i can keep it separate.
    of course this whole PayPal IPN via API thing will be easier when Expert is ready but this works for now

For everyone else, once the beta testers have checked it with PayPal sandbox then 'LIVE' I'll let you
    all know about it.
    I wont be pasting it at all in the threads. I don't obviously want anyone to get outside of Tiger.
    It was lots of hours and hard work (for me) so a tiny beer might be asked. I can see why support for this
    sort of thing is too much as if things change or emails all the time i would ask more. But i don't want to do that
    and , in honesty, its not that hard at all :P
    Everyone's biggest issue will be i think:
    1. PHP/MySQL versions on their server/hosting company (will send what versions it works with. They would happily update
    those scripts their end and warn you it may affect currently installed databases (IE: WordPress) but unlikely.
    2. I am using C PANEL...like 99% of hosting companies and VPS etc. You may unlikely have some odd back end script like
    with Bluehost (i think??) but its simply as long as they/you can create a PHP/MySQL DB you'll be fine.

Thomas, once done it would be great to be able to give those who have Expert/Smartflo access to it within,like,
    Looking forward to seeing you working wonderful job Robbie. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schmutly View Post

Congrats on the script Robbie. Now you know the pain of trying to get a program written, docs created and video tutorials finished.

I don't have a members area any longer. I got rid of it. I also want to make sure people understand that this script isn't something I will be supporting.

I think you should build up your own suite of products, on your own site. That way when a person goes to purchase one item they will see others that grab their interest. That is why I got rid of the individual product websites and made two main sites. I really want to see you get some products up for sale if you haven't already done so.

Now that we can add/save automation scripts, that also opens up more possibilities for more products that you will be able to sell to other users. Smartflo, which is what I will be concentrating all marketing on, also has the add/save scripts. It is cross compatible with ESB when it comes to automation.

Most would rather have scripts pre-built. hint hint

You may even be able to sell some consulting gigs for those that want help in setting up processes. Believe it or not,there is people still making money consulting with Microsoft Access users. I believe the same goes with Filemaker. Get a group of people paying you monthly or yearly to support their Smartflo customization's and the money will add up really fast.

You will have a lot more flexibility if you have your own site.

Just some thoughts.

Thomas

Yeah, I agree with Thomas, Robbie. After the pm/beta test, you should create your own website where you have these products and services for sale.

No sense in doing all of this for almost nothing. Plenty of people who buy into ESB will want more training and more done-for-you services and scripts.

Thomas can't provide all of this, it's too much work added on to what he already does, which is a lot.

Consider that of all the people who purchased the original TSB, only few pushed forward and made money with it. Some people simply lack motivation, but others are stymied by the technical side of things. If they were confused by TSB, how much more so with ESB now that it has a robust automation system built into it? That's where someone like you steps in and makes it easier for them for a well-deserved fee.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    Congrats on the script Robbie. Now you know the pain of trying to get a program written, docs created and video tutorials finished.

Thomas
    Thanks boss..in hindsight your right. The script i prefer doing then the docs and videos..Especially the video. You rattle it off then realize you forgot a step so
    you start again because editing it and adding to it is more trouble then starting again..sigh!!
    Written steps with images are far better i reckon except for building a script maybe needs a video.
    But thanks...good advice.
    I was thinking about that...doing a ton of scripts and i still will for expert and smartflo.
    Smartflo will be great to manage the software's and activation and looking forward to doing that too.

Thanks for the push Thomas. :P

Thanks Mel. your right..i could offer a service to do scripts others may find a bit difficult.Made a ton in the past with winautomation
    but expert is so much more that i haven't even installed WA for 2 yrs now.Database,API,automation,dashboard and other powerful
    features..well...i think i need to create videos /scripts and a lot for free though (just me) so that others can say "wow..you can do that
    in smartflo/expert? and that'll help a lot with the general sales and create more needs for help or a difficult script.

You and your sisters projects...do use use PayPal and ???
    Can you fill in the ??? if its something else so i can look into it.
    Can't wait for the API as all of this will make it so much more easier and powerful.
    I wont need to use someone else's PayPal IPN script. I can do it all within the software..great.

ps: If i did go that route there would always be a huge discount for the regular long timers...but, we'll see.
    Got to go fix this lappy then i should have it all ready for Friday.

We just use PayPal, Robbie. Kind of limited to that here.

You might look into doing a script for Stripe, though, but I don't know much about it except that it has become really popular. Wish Stripe would get something set up over here.

Mel

Robbie, I already had a customer say that ESB was too difficult and I recommended partnering up with you if he had an idea. He seemed interested in doing something.

If I do job right (sell a lot of Smartflo licenses) then I see more types of partnerships or consulting gigs. I can imagine some people using Smartflo will want to create their own software and partner with people such as you. You create the software and they do the marketing. Get a couple partnerships rolling and "Bob's your uncle." I love that saying. haha

Thomas

Sounds like a good idea.
    Marketing is the....well, without it your dead in the water. Sounds good. Thanks