Default New PayKonect Implementation...

Ok, just about done with the new PayKonect implementation. Took some time because it was pretty much a total rewrite. We should be better off in the long run. For those that don't know, I changed the api that I am using for Paypal. The newer api has more functionality and hopefully will be updated by Paypal while the older one will not be getting any updates.

Transactions:

Transactions will work similar. They are still stored locally with a Sync option. There are some difference in search criteria and what is brought back. But most of it will be the same. The api only allows you to search in 31 day increments. Really weird constraint but not surprised because Paypal is weird. I bypass that behind the scenes. If your user does a search for 4 months I just keep track of the dates and make calls until I get the entire date range back. Be careful on this since I don't know what Paypal considers abusive. I can't imagine getting into too much trouble since the original was making a ton of calls for each transaction.

As I said earlier, transactions can take up to 3 hours before they are available through the api I am using. They also only go back 2016 which shouldn't be an issue.

Refunds:

Refunds have changed as well. You can designate how much of a refund to give.

Invoices:

Not only will you be able to search invoices, but also create them, refund them, send reminders, mark as paid and cancel them.

Disputes:

You will have several features like search, accept claims, send messages, acknowledge returned items and escalate to claim through the software.

Payouts:

Payouts is implemented if your user wants to make payments through the software. Paypal's api doesn't allow us to pull down a history of payouts so I am storing them locally when they are made through the software. The user can then Sync the payout and it will update all the statuses. Works similar to the transactions.

Billing Plans:

This is a way to setup plans for subscriptions through the api. Unfortunately, Paypal doesn't have a feature that allows me to pull down the individual subscriptions. I tried to figure out a way to get a Subscription Id from a transaction but no go. Getting subscriptions has been a feature request for some time. Paypal doesn't seem to want to implement it. If they ever do I will definitely implement it on my end. It wouldn't take long to add since I have some of it already done.

Thomas

That's a nice set of features, Thomas. With the reports and dashboards, this will be a great app to sell.

Thanks!

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Bel View Post
    That's a nice set of features, Thomas. With the reports and dashboards, this will be a great app to sell.

Thanks!

Mel
    I'll probably add email support later on. That way your customer can click on a transaction and send a email.

Thomas

That will be cool.

Mel