Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schmutly View Post
    Thanks Mel but my contribution pales into dust when you see (like i have from 2008) how Thomas
    has grown TSB to where it is now. The unimaginable hours Thomas has put into it i couldn't even guess.
    And from my little knowledge of php/myslq when you hit bugs or issues that hour turns into 10.
    But i kept going because you gang want the plugin and Thomas is the same.
    He knows we share his passion and you just love to do it.
    I do think he's just too nice a guy haha...as he mentioned he could of closed all this and just kept developing stuff
    for himself but he kept going for us as well...we can all help each other reach those goals.

    Isn't that right Mr Cueball haha (i never liked that early days label...i think its kinda rude)

    I do like his reply that don't feel any question you ask is dumb...I've asked the dumbest ones trust me LOL.
    But your feedback from plugin issue AND feedback about TSB or anything like that is SO so important.
    Sometimes a question sparks an idea..like your idea made me add the backup/import.

    Input from all of us helps guide ESB to where it is now. So i think these discussions are pretty important.


    Robbie
    You did a great job on the plugin. You went through the same process I go through when releasing a new version or update. A huge amount of issues and then it slows down.

    I don't recall taking a vacation in the last 10 years. haha I love what I do so no biggie. I also get bored quickly when just sitting on a beach. Ideally I would like to work less but still do something every day. I find that you can accomplish a lot doing something every day. It all adds up over time.

    Walking away from the people who put money into this wasn't an option for me. Even when it was really difficult. That last revamp was a beast. I think a lot of people just wanted something like Ubot, but I wanted something that would last longer. Is Ubot still being sold? I haven't heard too much about it. Anyway, I got a lot of grief for taking so long. Understandably, but I am still glad I did what I thought was right even if it took a long time. It set us up for what we have today.

    Hardest part is trying to get something this big done while still bringing in money. Cashflow is king. I would make some money and then get back to ESB for months. Then work on making some money and then back to ESB. I should have built up some monthly cashflow, but had a lot of people waiting on the automation. There was quite a few times I wasn't sure I was going to be able to pull it off. I'm too stubborn.

    Cueball was always a friendly tease. I use to joke about being follicly challenged or I would tell people they were jealous of my beautifully sculpted cranium.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,058

    Default

    To bring it back to this topic... haha

    Apparently, Amazon Alexa also allows you to make rest calls.

    I can see some uses for this.

    "Alexa, run command MakeMeSomeMoney". "Alexa, what were the sales for today?"

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    209

    Default

    I don't think a lot of people are happy with Ubot currently. We never bought it (software appearance and behavior never impressed me or Joan). But I was looking into a scraper tool made with Ubot recently for comparison to what we can achieve with ESB and noticed on their forum some people seemed disappointed with the state of things (what that state is I don't know). I think it's still being sold though.

    Mentioning Ubot reminds me of something I've been intending to ask at some point about the scraping ability of ESB, so I'll post the question in a different thread.

    Mel

  4. #24

    Default

    Hi Thomas,

    This sounds great! I am a big fan of business process improvement and what you are suggesting here is exciting.

    Mohammed

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Bel View Post
    I don't think a lot of people are happy with Ubot currently. We never bought it (software appearance and behavior never impressed me or Joan). But I was looking into a scraper tool made with Ubot recently for comparison to what we can achieve with ESB and noticed on their forum some people seemed disappointed with the state of things (what that state is I don't know). I think it's still being sold though.

    Mentioning Ubot reminds me of something I've been intending to ask at some point about the scraping ability of ESB, so I'll post the question in a different thread.

    Mel
    Last time I checked, Ubot came out with a new version. It looked like they just added chrome to their available browsers (we are using chrome for our automation as well). It wasn't really what I considered an update. It looks like they are doing very little work on the program and just trying to squeeze as much money out of it as possible. Shame as it was pretty popular.



    Quote Originally Posted by techedge View Post
    Hi Thomas,

    This sounds great! I am a big fan of business process improvement and what you are suggesting here is exciting.

    Mohammed

    Thanks Mohammed! Always room for improvement.

  6. #26

    Default

    Definitively a good idea Thomas.

    But if you want to make the software compatible with chat bots I strongly suggest that you take a look on how ManyChat manages things, since MC is the most popular software to build chatbots, the standard in the space.

    I've been using it for a couple years now and have built really complex integrations with it, including Apple Wallet, autoresponders, automatic phone calls and SMSs, invoicing, etc. You can pretty much do anything you want with it, using zapier as the clue. But they recently added many other options to directly hookup with any API or webservice.

    I'd be just AMAZING being able to create our own scripts and run them from a chatbot. GENIUS!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leonardos View Post
    Definitively a good idea Thomas.

    But if you want to make the software compatible with chat bots I strongly suggest that you take a look on how ManyChat manages things, since MC is the most popular software to build chatbots, the standard in the space.

    I've been using it for a couple years now and have built really complex integrations with it, including Apple Wallet, autoresponders, automatic phone calls and SMSs, invoicing, etc. You can pretty much do anything you want with it, using zapier as the clue. But they recently added many other options to directly hookup with any API or webservice.

    I'd be just AMAZING being able to create our own scripts and run them from a chatbot. GENIUS!

    Thanks mate!

    You should be able to integrate the automation server with any Chatbot. The Chatbot will send the request to the automation server. The server runs the script and returns a response if any is required. I believe most Chatbots can send a request to a service. If it calls Zapier then I am pretty sure it will be able to call our automation server.


    Thomas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •