Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Bots running Bots, Multi-User Support and building up a SAAS business...

Crazy headline, eh? haha

So, I've been thinking of what would be the best way to incorporate multi-user support within ESB. I've been thinking about this for years now (don't judge!). I originally thought of making ESB connect to a online database but run all automation scripts locally. That way we could run it on a linux server.

Today I just realized we would be losing out on a lot of money if we did that!

The automation is where the real money will be made. UIPath, a automation software, just raised another 200 million and is now value at 7 billion. Yeah, that is a lot of potential!

Anyway, we want to run the automation on a single server. Even if that means a Windows server. Not a biggie since Amazon, Microsoft and I think Google offers cloud services with Windows server support. If we do that then we can accept connections from our ESB software, but also from websites and CHAT BOTS.

What is a Chat Bot?

Those are the chats that you can access on a website and ask it questions. It is totally automated. The cool thing is to be able to use those Chat bots (or websites) to start automation scripts on that Windows server.

recruiting-chatbot-job-pal-example.jpg

Say a person opens up a chat bot, on a restaurant Facebook page, and wants to make a reservation. It could kick off a script to check if there is a free table, create a reservation, enter in any requirements from the customer and send the customer a verification email. All from the chat bot.

Or a person comes to your wordpress website for a refund. They start your customer support chat and asks for a refund. The chat box asks for their email address and product they want to refund. It starts up a automation script to check to see the purchase is still within the refund period, then it creates the refund and sends an email to the customer.

ESB programs can also access that automation server (with security of course).

You can build out a full blown SAAS company with this approach.

I'm not going to lie, this has me as excited as the REST Api stuff. Just when I think I am running out of ideas one pops up and make me work more and more and more.

How does this sound? Thoughts?

Thomas

My first 'first' comment! lol

Thomas, this actually has me more excited as I've been heavily involved with bots for the last 8-10 months and seeing some great results. The bot system I use can connect to any API and do pretty much anything, and what you've described brings this whole concept full circle for me. Automate most anything you can think of that can be automated. The ability to trigger any function through a bot makes it accessible anytime, anywhere... now that's exciting. I've been creating small chat bots to automate functions through apis recently and it makes it so convenient to be able to accomplish these tasks from anywhere I am. That's where I think this gets really valuable.

If you can't tell, I'm very excited about this and if you need more encouragment to go this route, I'm all in!
    Last edited by tripro; 03-26-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tripro View Post
    My first 'first' comment! lol
    This actually has me more excited as I've been heavily involved with bots for the last 8-10 months and seeing some great results. The bot system I use can connect to any API and do pretty much anything, and what you've described brings this whole concept full circle for me. Automate most anything you can think of that can be automated.
    If you can't tell, I'm very excited about this and if you need more encouragment to go this route, I'm all in!
    So Mark is a no. haha

I'm thinking of building a API for the automation server so any bot or website or software program can interact with the automation server. It can start scripts and send back results. It's basically doing that with the REST api stuff right now anyway.

This would also allow us to take advantage of services that have webhooks (that is how those services push data out to other websites).

The more I think about this the more I am liking it.

What bot system are you using right now?

I've been creating small chat bots to automate functions through apis recently and it makes it so convenient to be able to accomplish these tasks from anywhere I am. That's where I think this gets really valuable.
    Exactly. I was thinking it would be cool to open up my phone and do some work through a chat bot. Enter in a command, within the chat bot, and it runs the automation script associated with it.

Thomas

This would also solve the multi-user problems. You could have anyone working from anywhere on any device. A phone, tablet or computer. Doesn't matter since all data would be going through the automation server.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    What bot system are you using right now?
    I know, hard to cover up my enthusiam Thomas! lol

Been using TARS (www.hellotars.com). They have a nice, supportive community and responsive dev team. Have been running mainly lead generation. But then noticed the API angle and started setting up chat bots to send emails, create meme's and other tasks that would make business life a lot easier if automated.

Let me know when you're ready to test something

I know, hard to cover up my enthusiam Thomas! lol

Been using TARS (www.hellotars.com). They have a nice, supportive community and responsive dev team. Have been running mainly lead generation. But then noticed the API angle and started setting up chat bots to send emails, create meme's and other tasks that would make business life a lot easier if automated.

Let me know when you're ready to test something
    Definitely. After reading your response there is no way I can not do this. I won't be able to stop thinking about it. haha

I'm assuming that service sends Json to any api, right? Do you set the parameters that will be sent to the api?

I looked briefly at DialogFlow (Googles Chat Bot) and Microsoft's Bot Framework. I want to set this up so you can use any bot service or framework you want.

Thanks!

Thomas

I'm assuming that service sends Json to any api, right? Do you set the parameters that will be sent to the api?
    Haha, yes, me too actually!

And yes, TARS supports JSON, XML or text. Here is a quick overview of how it interacts.

The settings of an API call. You can set:

HTTP Request method (GET, POST, PUT, etc..)
    The URL endpoint to make the request
    Set any header fields that you want to put in the Request. This is useful if you want to pass some API Key or Authorization token or set custom content-type etc..
    Set the data that you want to pass in the API call.
    This data can be:
    x-www-form-urlencoded (default), which will be a list of key value pairs that you can add in the input fields right below it.
    raw, which can be JSON, XML or text and you can select this from the drop-down menu next to it. You can put the corresponding data in the textarea below it.

Haha, yes, me too actually!

And yes, TARS supports JSON, XML or text. Here is a quick overview of how it interacts.

The settings of an API call. You can set:

HTTP Request method (GET, POST, PUT, etc..)
    The URL endpoint to make the request
    Set any header fields that you want to put in the Request. This is useful if you want to pass some API Key or Authorization token or set custom content-type etc..
    Set the data that you want to pass in the API call.
    This data can be:
    x-www-form-urlencoded (default), which will be a list of key value pairs that you can add in the input fields right below it.
    raw, which can be JSON, XML or text and you can select this from the drop-down menu next to it. You can put the corresponding data in the textarea below it.
    Nice, looks like a typical REST api call. I would imagine most chat frameworks will work the same way. It is looking like most of the work to get this running is already done. I like that a lot!

Thomas

Nice, looks like a typical REST api call.
    I would imagine most chat frameworks will work the same way.
    It is looking like most of the work to get this running is already done. I like that a lot!
    Thomas
    Never heard of it to be honest..YES..i do live under a rock. :/
    ..had a look at https://hellotars.com/blog/conversion-rate-ppc-chatbot/ and its
    a good idea, after seeing this example i see my hosting company uses it.
    Not sure I'd use something like this yet, myself..too much other possibilities with
    whats coming up in esb..
    Relating to the quote above if we're heading toward a ESB API release soon is this
    new bot module going to hold it up or are you thinking longer term?

Quote Originally Posted by schmutly View Post
    Relating to the quote above if we're heading toward a ESB API release soon is this
    new bot module going to hold it up or are you thinking longer term?

I'm going to finish up what I have right now and get that out. What we are talking about, in this thread, will be coming later.

I try to think long term with these programs. The REST API stuff took me years to figure out how I wanted to implement it. I would work on something and then do some research on the REST stuff... then go back to working on something else.

The multi-user support was another thing I have been trying to figure out. The approach in this thread takes care of the multi-user issue and opens up access from other sources like those chat bots, webhooks and websites.

I really wanted to be able to use webhooks since many webservices has them. I'd love to take advantage of a webservices automatically sending data when something specific happens on their platform. Have that data sent to our automation server and the server can run a script if needed.

Don't worry, I'm not going to hold up this release any longer than needed. I added the REST api at the last minute and it cost me a lot of time. Well worth it!

Thomas