Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I've never used chat bots, but my help desk does have a chat system. Just never used it. If you go to appsumo, they have a lifetime deal on Continually chat bot at https://appsumo.com/continually/ starting at 49.00. You can stack it 5 times I think, so you get unlimited everything for life. You can create sub accounts to share it. We could all get together and chip in, and have unlimited bots. For life. I don't know anything about them, but those in the know could check it out. I'd be in.

Mike M

Bots have been all the rage lately and I'm sick of them, but just from promoting so much sub-par junk to our subs. Andrew Warner, founder of Mixergy, had a nice launch, however, for his chat bot training. A lot of our subs purchased a chat bot setup plr guide and videos, and that was one of the bigger promotions for a plr product we've had this year.

Sounds good to me, Thomas. While promoting all this stuff I was thinking the same thing about how if we could tap into that market using ESB it would end up some long term income. The chat bots and bot technology in general is here to stay and will become more capable in time. For ESB to branch off into that - or include that - would be a good move, imo.

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I've never used chat bots, but my help desk does have a chat system. Just never used it. If you go to appsumo, they have a lifetime deal on Continually chat bot at https://appsumo.com/continually/ starting at 49.00. You can stack it 5 times I think, so you get unlimited everything for life. You can create sub accounts to share it. We could all get together and chip in, and have unlimited bots. For life. I don't know anything about them, but those in the know could check it out. I'd be in.

Mike M
    I have to finally come out and be honest. I am a chat bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Bel View Post
    Bots have been all the rage lately and I'm sick of them, but just from promoting so much sub-par junk to our subs. Andrew Warner, founder of Mixergy, had a nice launch, however, for his chat bot training. A lot of our subs purchased a chat bot setup plr guide and videos, and that was one of the bigger promotions for a plr product we've had this year.

Sounds good to me, Thomas. While promoting all this stuff I was thinking the same thing about how if we could tap into that market using ESB it would end up some long term income. The chat bots and bot technology in general is here to stay and will become more capable in time. For ESB to branch off into that - or include that - would be a good move, imo.

Mel
    Chat bots was just an example. I'm not saying ESB will be creating chat bots or anything like that. I want to set up the automation server so that a chat bot or a webhook or a website can send data to the server and get it returned.

As of right now, we are running ESB on a single computer. We are able to get data from many different places. That is especially true for the new REST api stuff. So we are pulling data into ESB/Smartflo. ESB can also push that data out with the new REST api, but everything has to be initiated within ESB.

Now, what this thread is about is responding to outside events. A Chat bot is an example of it sending a request to ESB and ESB running it's automation script and returning a result.

Webhooks is another good example. It works the same as the chat bot but happens on a webservice platform. An example would be a person signs up for a list on SendGrid or whatever email platform. SendGrid sends the data to a webhook (if you have one added) when that happens. That means you could have it sent to ESB and then a automation script is ran based on that event.

Same goes if a person fills out a form on a website. Have the form data sent to ESB and a script runs based on what you want to happen when someone signs up. You could add the form details to a local database or check what offers are available and send them a affiliate offer or add them to a email service provider or all of them.

Your programs will be able to respond to events outside of ESB. Huge!

Thomas

Yeah, sounds great. I guess I just had chat bots stuck in my brain.

I seem to recall you asking all of us before if we would be interested in running the automation server on a remote Windows server...I was thinking "yes" at the time, but because I didn't own the Expert version I just kept my opinion to myself. I think most people here were not interested.

I'm not sure about the technical terms...but I thought it would be a good idea to be able to have like a central ESB automation server in the "cloud" where customers access it with their client-side software we sell them, and then the cloud automation server does the actual tasks we set up and returns the information to the client software and even to multiple users within the same business entity.

But yeah, if the initial request came from outside ESB to ESB and then have ESB perform the scripts and provide the results, including rerouting results to not only ESB, but to Google Docs (or whatever else), similar to Zapier, that would really be useful in a big way for a lot of companies.

Anyhow, this all sounds similar and a good idea however you set it up. I make jokes about people wanting automation because they're lazy, but I'm applying that to this crowd we market to only (the do-everything-for-me crowd). Automation for business makes businesses more efficient and if we can do something with ESB at scale that provides that automation, it's going to be good for them and good for us.

This could actually go well beyond anything like Zapier is capable of.

Mel

Yeah, sounds great. I guess I just had chat bots stuck in my brain.

I seem to recall you asking all of us before if we would be interested in running the automation server on a remote Windows server...I was thinking "yes" at the time, but because I didn't own the Expert version I just kept my opinion to myself. I think most people here were not interested.
    I don't think I explained the opportunities to running the automation server in the cloud well enough. That is probably why many people didn't seem interested. Never be afraid of voicing your opinion. I value all feedback. It is a big help. That is unless it is something bad about me. Then never say it. haha

I'm not sure about the technical terms...but I thought it would be a good idea to be able to have like a central ESB automation server in the "cloud" where customers access it with their client-side software we sell them, and then the cloud automation server does the actual tasks we set up and returns the information to the client software and even to multiple users within the same business entity.
    Yeah, that is where I want this to go. I originally was thinking just having a single database in the cloud but run the automation on the local computer. Not now. I think having the automation server in the cloud is the best approach. I can use the automation server to allow for multi users support as well.

But yeah, if the initial request came from outside ESB to ESB and then have ESB perform the scripts and provide the results, including rerouting results to not only ESB, but to Google Docs (or whatever else), similar to Zapier, that would really be useful in a big way for a lot of companies.
    That is exactly what you will be able to build. The REST stuff is done and being tested. Most of the work to make the automation server cloud based is already done because of the REST stuff. I just need to build out a API for the server that would take in requests and send out data. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Anyhow, this all sounds similar and a good idea however you set it up. I make jokes about people wanting automation because they're lazy, but I'm applying that to this crowd we market to only (the do-everything-for-me crowd). Automation for business makes businesses more efficient and if we can do something with ESB at scale that provides that automation, it's going to be good for them and good for us.

This could actually go well beyond anything like Zapier is capable of.

Mel
    This will be big for businesses. I mentioned UIPath in my OP. That is exactly what they do. They automate business processes. The automation market is expected to grow in a big way. I'm seeing projections that it will be a 8 to 9 billion dollar market in the next 4 or so years. UIPath is valued at 7 billion on it's own. I don't see the growth stopping after that. Many of these companies, like UIPath, are going after the big corps.

I see a lot of potential with small businesses that can't quite afford UIPath or have the resources to run and maintain the automation. If you concentrate on a market then you have a solution that you can sell over and over again. That has me thinking of adding some features to ESB that would help you manage those clients from a central program.

On a personal note, I never wanted to hire people. I never wanted a big company with hundreds to thousands of employees. That would make me feel like a slave to that company. I know I will need to hire a few people to help out but would rather keep it to a handful of people. Automation will help me to do that. I bet that I am not alone which makes me think there is a lot of potential there.

Zapier is a pretty cool program. ESB automation can do a lot more. Look at the browser automation as an example. I also want to add OCR later on. Being able to scan text will be a big plus for many different scenarios. Email a pdf as an attachment, ESB grabs the attachment, scans it and does whatever needed with that info.

Thomas

Yeah, I had thought of that myself that once you get the core of ESB automation fully operational you'll be able to use your own program to create automations that will help you complete the programming for new updates, fixes, running tests, etc.

You're a one man show, Thomas, and ESB has actually been in the making over 10 years (how long has it been exactly?) - a steady evolution to where it's at currently. I have no doubt you'll achieve your goals with this.

What will be beneficial is when several of us have projects going where we can share what's working, and maybe do some collaboration on projects. But I've noticed that most of us who buy into TSB/ESB are lone wolves like you.

Robbie's plugin is the first serious contribution I've seen here (but I'm only a 4-1/2 year old newbie - just a toddler. Lol. I don't know everything that has occurred with TSB over the years).

Thanks Mel but my contribution pales into dust when you see (like i have from 2008) how Thomas
    has grown TSB to where it is now. The unimaginable hours Thomas has put into it i couldn't even guess.
    And from my little knowledge of php/myslq when you hit bugs or issues that hour turns into 10.
    But i kept going because you gang want the plugin and Thomas is the same.
    He knows we share his passion and you just love to do it.
    I do think he's just too nice a guy haha...as he mentioned he could of closed all this and just kept developing stuff
    for himself but he kept going for us as well...we can all help each other reach those goals.

Isn't that right Mr Cueball haha (i never liked that early days label...i think its kinda rude)

I do like his reply that don't feel any question you ask is dumb...I've asked the dumbest ones trust me LOL.
    But your feedback from plugin issue AND feedback about TSB or anything like that is SO so important.
    Sometimes a question sparks an idea..like your idea made me add the backup/import.

Input from all of us helps guide ESB to where it is now. So i think these discussions are pretty important.

Robbie

@Robbie, Oh, I know what Thomas has done. He's the MC of it all. I meant contributions from the people who have purchased ESB. Your plugin is the first significant contribution I've seen here...and very generous of you to do it by the way. Hopefully you are going to set things up to make some money from the plugin. Don't sell it too cheap if and when you do, Robbie.

Yeah, I had thought of that myself that once you get the core of ESB automation fully operational you'll be able to use your own program to create automations that will help you complete the programming for new updates, fixes, running tests, etc.

You're a one man show, Thomas, and ESB has actually been in the making over 10 years (how long has it been exactly?) - a steady evolution to where it's at currently. I have no doubt you'll achieve your goals with this.

What will be beneficial is when several of us have projects going where we can share what's working, and maybe do some collaboration on projects. But I've noticed that most of us who buy into TSB/ESB are lone wolves like you.

Robbie's plugin is the first serious contribution I've seen here (but I'm only a 4-1/2 year old newbie - just a toddler. Lol. I don't know everything that has occurred with TSB over the years).
    Yeah, around 10 years now. The very first version was done in India in about a week. I then redid the program. That took a lot longer, but ended up being the version you purchased. Then redid it again to what we have today. I don't see why I won't work on this for another 10 years to be honest.

Robbie did a great job on that plugin.