Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PayKonect Build Issue

Hi All,

I've got an issue that I bet will be easy to solve as I think I'm just missing something. I'm trying to run a build in PayKonect and the system just hangs. I had the same issue several months ago and it turned out to be an icon issue and I fixed it by having a .ico built for me.

I'm getting the same behavior but now working with valid .ico and trying different sizes and still not getting a build done.

I don't have an error message to share as it doesn't generate an error. After about 7-10 minutes it completes but does not generate any output.

Please let me know thoughts/ experience with this.

Thanks.

-Steve

Did you try running PayKonect as an administrator?

Mike M

Hi Mike,

Yes--I was just about to chime in with that. Still no .exe output or error message.

So, I'm having the same issue, but at least it's compiling faster.

Just thinking through some processes...

1. Install as admin
    2. Run as admin
    3. Enter something in each of the text fields for the software - Name, version, support url, etc.
    4. Icon and Splash Screen.
    5. Check if antivirus software is deleting the .exe file immediately after it is built (lower the sensitivity of the antivirus software or disable it temporarily)

...that's all I can think of for now. We had a customer have the same problem before, but I can't remember what the solution was and we no longer have a copy of the support emails.

Mel

Thanks, Mel
    I just re-installed, but I did not see an opportunity to install as administrator. Is that an option I should see?
    I had a similar problem with a previous version but it turned out to be an a .ico issue. By recollection, this is doing the exact same thing, so I am trying all kinds of icons in all different sizes.
    No antirvirus issue that I can seem--there is nothing in the log and no notifications.

You can right the .exe file and select install as administrator. Are your icons a single size? I had a problem a long time ago where the icon file was actually a few different sizes in one. Once I changed it to a specific size it worked.

Mike M>

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    You can right the .exe file and select install as administrator. Are your icons a single size? I had a problem a long time ago where the icon file was actually a few different sizes in one. Once I changed it to a specific size it worked.

Mike M>
    The icon issue that a lot of people had was people renaming a png file to a ico file. That isn't how it works. haha You need to actually convert it to a ico file. I usually open up the png file in Gimp and do a save as ico file.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1 View Post
    Thanks, Mel
    I just re-installed, but I did not see an opportunity to install as administrator. Is that an option I should see?
    I had a similar problem with a previous version but it turned out to be an a .ico issue. By recollection, this is doing the exact same thing, so I am trying all kinds of icons in all different sizes.
    No antirvirus issue that I can seem--there is nothing in the log and no notifications.
    Mike is right that you need to right click the PayKonect shortcut and run it as admin when you want to build a exe.

I've been looking at changing the installer and will probably try to do something after this next release.

Thomas

OK, I did that and now I noticed that an error message is the last line in the compiler screen, but it closes so fast that I can't read it. Any way I can capture that?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1 View Post
    OK, I did that and now I noticed that an error message is the last line in the compiler screen, but it closes so fast that I can't read it. Any way I can capture that?

What do you have for a version number?

Thomas