Default End User Error/Bug on One of My Software Products

Thomas,

I just got this support question below for an ESB project I have created and have been selling for two months... this is the first issue that anyone has submitted.

Also, since we all use ESB to build our software I assume that there are some common possible windows "Errors" that happen with all the software we create....it would be nice to have a list of some common errors/issues that could happen with the ESB projects we build and a possible cause/suggestion that we could use to send to our end-users to post in on our support page. if we can't resolve the issue then we could bring it up to you and the forum... Just a thought?

Thanks,
    JIM

----Customer Support Message------
    I'm getting an error message that says "Exception of type "system out of memory exception" was thrown" when I close the software. I am also trying to add a JPEG photo and get an error message that says "wrong picture format". Also getting a "could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp.Core.dll' or one of its dependenceies. Not enough memory resciurses are availalbe to process this command. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070008)
    Any advice?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Wfjh; 08-30-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Hi JIM,

One of the reasons I insist on using a forum, for software support, is so people can search and see errors/issues that have already been addressed. In other words, the forum is the list of common issues/errors.

Now to your customer error. I need to know what your user is doing before they get the error so I can recreate the error. The different issues may be all tied to the same cause. I would also need to see the image in order to see why it isn't loading. I haven't heard of any out of memory errors when shutting down the software. It looks like it is trying to close down the browser stuff and there may be a loop that is eating up memory. Hard to say until I understand how to recreate the error.

Thanks,

Thomas

Thomas,

I asked several questions like what version of windows, has he installed any new software recently and if Windows has recently updated and to describe what he was doing prior to the error happening. This was his answer

(Noe: my software has the “props” form which has a tab with the ability to add four additional photos besides the two main photos in the main data entry window)

He has not sent the JPEG image yet.

JIM

——Customer Response——
    I am running Windows 10 pro, with 16gb of ram.

Before the error, I was adding a picture of an item in the other photos section. Earlier this week I got an out of memory message, but it eventuclly closed and saved my work on the second or third try. I have not installed any new software since your software. I don't think there has been a Windows update either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wfjh View Post
    Thomas,

I asked several questions like what version of windows, has he installed any new software recently and if Windows has recently updated and to describe what he was doing prior to the error happening. This was his answer

(Noe: my software has the “props” form which has a tab with the ability to add four additional photos besides the two main photos in the main data entry window)

He has not sent the JPEG image yet.

JIM

——Customer Response——
    I am running Windows 10 pro, with 16gb of ram.

Before the error, I was adding a picture of an item in the other photos section. Earlier this week I got an out of memory message, but it eventuclly closed and saved my work on the second or third try. I have not installed any new software since your software. I don't think there has been a Windows update either.
    I don't think this is a Windows issue. There is something happening in the software that is eating up the memory and not releasing it. Like an infinite loop that eventually crashes because there is only so much memory on a computer.

Has this person been using this software for some time or did this start happening form day one?

Please email me the JPEG when you get it. The Cef file that you wrote earlier has to do with the browser. I'm not sure if this is the issue or simply part of the memory error.

Is this the same project file you sent me before? Have you been able to recreate the error on your computer? The more I know what steps were taken the easier it will be to figure this out.

Thanks JIM!

Thomas