Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How is the progress coming along with the backup file?

Thanks,
    JIM

JIM, was there ever a time that I didn't update a thread when I had something to update?

Please read the rules for support. Even though this falls within the asking for updates section, I added a new section to specifically talk about asking for progress on bugs. This doesn't make the bug fixes go any faster, but it does take away my time to answer posts instead of fixing bugs and rolling out updates.

http://profittigersystems.com/vbforu...r-Ground-Rules

I am closing this thread and will update when there is something to update. I would also like to point out that I am answering this on a Saturday.

Thomas

Ok, it is definitely the photos. You're basically opening up over 400+ full size photos when you click on the Magic Props. Even my computer can't handle it. I deleted those photo columns and it opened up fine without any errors. I am not sure there is anything I can do about this type of issue. Even if people cut the size of those photos down it still may not be enough since you are literally opening up over 400 photos at one time!

The only thing I am going to be able to do is to delay the loading of those photos. Meaning they won't load until the property is used. You still wouldn't get away with all of those photos within your list. You might get away with removing those photos from the list view and only showing them when they double click the record once I added the delayed loading. That way you're not opening all the photos at one time. I won't know until I test further with the new version I am trying to roll out.

Any changes won't be available until the new version is released.

Thomas

Thomas,

Thank you!!! Sorry about my previous post I know you are busy and I wasn't thinking!

So, if he deletes the Photo column of the magic props and only views the photo when clicking on the record, he should be ok for now?

I guess after you release the update I will have to make a new .exe and redistribute to my customers.... In the meantime, I will have to let everyone know not to Add a photo to the Grid View list.

What about his magic props database being locked up and nothing being visible?? He's says he still can't view any data in the "Magic Props" (all other Module work fine)

Is there a way for him to delete the photo column from the Grid List View? Would "Repair" work? reinstall?

Or could I just send him the backup file you have since you deleted the Photo column? (If he has a problem)

I will pass this info to him and let you know the results...

-------------

Should I Only have 2 photos instead of 6 in the Magic Props. Would that help in addition to you adding in the loading delay?

Should I stop selling it for now until you work it out and get your update out??

Thanks again Thomas, Appreciate it!!
    Last edited by Wfjh; Yesterday at 05:29 AM.

I don't think your customer will be able to even open up that section to delete the photos. I may have to delete them through the database for him in order to get it to work. I can do it with this backup and he can restore it if he hasn't added any more data. Or he can send me a new backup with any new changes he made (probably best).

When you click on the icon and the list pops up you have all the data, including the photos. For your customer that is over 400 records including photos being loaded into memory. So removing that column from the list is a must. Even if you did that right now those photos would be loaded which is why I need to add that delayed loading to the photo properties. That would keep the photos from loading until they double clicked on a record and viewed the details.

Your customers making the photos smaller would also help even if a pain in the butt to resize. Maybe I will look into adding a resize function that to the picture editor.

Let me know if your customer needs to send me a new backup.

Thomas

I don’t think he has added anything since the database locked. He has been waiting for me to give five him more info...

So I would say send me the new backup with the photo column deleted and I will send it to him... thanks

Just a side note.....While setting up my new iPhone, I noticed that the iCloud stores the photos and creates a low resolution thumbnail on your phone for viewing to reduce the space .. so maybe a combination of delay loading and resize feature will work.

I know you will come with a good solution!!

Thanks,
    JIM

JIM, I prefer to only do this once. Please ask your customer if they had made changes before I remove the photos from the backup.

Thanks!

Thomas

Thomas,

I understand. Just so that I am clear....

Are you deleting the all photos entirely from the backup file?

Or, are you just deleting (hiding) the photo column in the grid list view?

Just want to make sure if his photos will still be there just not displaying in the list view? or they will be gone and he will have to resize and re-upload the smaller images?

Please clarify.

Thanks,
    JIM