Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks Mike! My goal is to take over the world one script at a time. haha

I updated the original post with a new demo for an updated version. I also show a little bit about how you would share variables between each section (snippets).

Thomas

Your Funny guys haha.

Yeah..it's a great feeling Thomas when something you've wanted to nut out like a variable with 'smtpusername01' used a few times in your
    snippet will update through the whole script when u rename it and getting that to finally work , it feels good .
    I tend to abbreviate the name of my project software and use that in front of ALL my variables.
    Like Home Inventory Software,,,all my variables (like the smtp above) would always begin with HiSmtpUserName01 and HiSmtpPassWord01 etc...
    Then if i import that snippet it wont conflict and we can go in and rename it (new software RealEstateManager) to...REMSmtpUserName01
    Thats a good habit to get into.
    But you've suggested that before too..somewhere in this myriad of posts over the years HAHA.

ok..i need to rewire a friends Caravan today but tonight and Sunday ill get into some videos too.

I really am motivated because of YOU Thomas, and all your dedicated and hard work...because we all love and appreciate what you have done for us and
    we all want to MEET up eventually....having a drink near that beach (hmmm..maybe in Philippines..we'll go annoy Joan and Mel...HAHAHA)

Seeya ^_^

Robbie

Thanks Robbie. It is surprising what you can accomplish if you put in a little (or a lot ) of work every day. Smartflo should be very competitive with other programs like UIPath and they have a bunch of employees working while I am doing all the work on mine. Programs created with ESB should be very competitive. I will probably be using ESB to knock out some programs whenever a idea hits me. It will take me longer to do the sales pages and marketing than building the program. haha

Definitely up to meet people on the beach with a beer. Anything with beach and beers sounds good to me at this point. I don't think I had a vacation in 10 or so years now.

Thomas

Hey Thomas, I just wanted to take a moment to tell you that I truly admire the incredible work you've been doing over all these years. I want to be like you when I grow up! (Problem is, I'm kind of grown up already, so time is not on my side

I love the improvements you're making on the script builder. Sincerely, I didn't try it yet but I just got a Windows computer setup to start playing with ESB, so I'm ready for the fun!

On the variable concept...

The way I visualize it and teach it to non programmers is this:

A variable is like an empty box that you program reserves in the computer's memory. You define the size of the box in your program (the variable type) and put an label on it, so the computer reserves that space in memory and knows where to find it, and differentiate it from other "boxes" in there.

Then, when your program needs to keep a value during a certain period of time... you "assign" it to that label (the variable's name) so the computer knows where to store it.

And when you need it in your program, you use the label instead of the value (since the value can vary... that where the name "variable" comes from) and the computer automatically replaces it with the value stored in the box at this moment in time.

Of course, if later on you assign a new value to this variable, the computer will take the new value and put it into the box, destroying the value that was there before (we call this "overwriting" the value).

Another thing to know about variables is that they have different "types". This means that most "boxes" cannot contain just any values, but a particular kind of values.

For instance, some can contain numbers without a decimal part, some can contain decimal numbers, some only can contain words and phrases, etc. Each one of these "types" of boxes have their own denomination in different programming languages, like int, float, double, string, etc.

Imagine types like the shape of the boxes. If a box is pyramidal in shape, it only can contain "pyramidal data", and a cubic piece of data will not fit. If the box is spherical, only "spherical data" will fit in it. And so on.

Some boxes can fit pretty much anything in them... but these are huge boxes that take too much space in memory -most of it unnecessary space- so we tend to avoid them as much as possible.

Anyway, I think that the explanation is probably overkill for ESB, since so much is being taken care for us that we don't really need to worry about data types not casting (data type conversion) not any of that.

But I wanted to share it anyway in case it's useful to someone.

Thanks again for your efforts and geniality Thomas! It's not going unnoticed or unappreciated!

Thanks Leonardos, I appreciate the appreciation!

Honestly, I love working on this thing. If I was able to get venture funding then it would be my ideal job since I could concentrate on this and not worry about bringing in cashflow. Hopefully that will be a non-issue now that I am close to launching these programs within the next week.

Great explanation for a variable. You gave me some ideas on how I can try and teach it. You do need to worry about data types. I try and and will continue to try and minimize that worry but I had to make some design decisions when it came to data types.

For example, I have some ideas on how I can make the web page scraping to saving to the database a lot easier. In that incident, I can determine the type and convert it for the end user. Some things I can't determine the type and need the end user to use the correct format. If I set all variables to object then I could do more, but then I couldn't put up a list of available variables that matched the needed data type. That is where the design decision came in.

I am sure as time goes by more and more ideas on how to make this easier will pop up.

Thomas

Yes, I really hope that becomes a non-issue for you, Thomas. You certainly deserve it.

Me and my sis have benefited GREATLY from all your hard labor and continue to benefit from daily promotions, new launches and re-launches, and private deals...we've made our money back many, many times over. And I see it only getting better now that you have most everything ready to roll.

It's almost unbelievable what you have managed to accomplish on your own this whole time, and hopefully soon you'll reap some of the riches.

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Bel View Post
    Yes, I really hope that becomes a non-issue for you, Thomas. You certainly deserve it.

Me and my sis have benefited GREATLY from all your hard labor and continue to benefit from daily promotions, new launches and re-launches, and private deals...we've made our money back many, many times over. And I see it only getting better now that you have most everything ready to roll.

It's almost unbelievable what you have managed to accomplish on your own this whole time, and hopefully soon you'll reap some of the riches.

Mel

Thanks Mel! You and Joan have been kicking some serious butt. I have been enjoying watching you two in action.

Thomas