Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by goodman441 View Post
    Really!!!! That is awesome! I will dig in and try to find it. I did a search for XML in the Help Documentation and it didn't bring up anything. I've got the download and unzip working but the "read all the sites in a loop" will take some learning. Not for you of course, but me...LOL I need to learn more about the databases in ESB,how they work.

The info on how the Automation server works is very informative. Does the server part run independent of ESB,or does the end user have to have the program open?

Thanks,
    Barry

I must have forgot to upload the xml help docs. I'll make sure to do that. In the next version I will have some snippets for xml you can add to your script to see the flow. Should help in learning and speed up the script building. That was the video I links to earlier.

The automation server is a separate program. It doesn't need the main ESB program to run. As of right now, the user needs open up the ESB program to click the Run Server button. They can close it after that. I'm going to try and have the installation create a shortcut for the automation server so the user doesn't need to open up ESB to start the server.

Thomas

I've been watching your instructional videos on Youtube. Trying to understand Databases. I'm fuzzy on understanding how to read thru an XML file, is it treated like a text file?
    When you say "loops through the sites" are you talking about the fields between the <Site> </Site> tags in the XML file?

Just from watching a lot of the videos, ESB Automation is very powerful.

Is there a way to hide the Automation Tab in the end user program? If all the scripts are scheduled, and the end user will not need to see or edit the scripts?

I must have been writing my comment when you were writing yours....Okay, the XML Documentation would be awesome. I'm liking this more and more....!

Thanks,
    Barry

I've been watching your instructional videos on Youtube. Trying to understand Databases. I'm fuzzy on understanding how to read thru an XML file, is it treated like a text file?
    When you say "loops through the sites" are you talking about the fields between the <Site> </Site> tags in the XML file?

Just from watching a lot of the videos, ESB Automation is very powerful.

Is there a way to hide the Automation Tab in the end user program? If all the scripts are scheduled, and the end user will not need to see or edit the scripts?
    The end user has control over when the scripts are run. They can't modify the scripts, but can set the schedule or the criteria for a script.

I must have been writing my comment when you were writing yours....Okay, the XML Documentation would be awesome. I'm liking this more and more....!

Thanks,
    Barry

Awesome Barry. The more you use it the more you will find other things that can be automated. You're hooked now and your life will never be the same.

We can definitely do the Clickbank thing you wanted.

Thomas

I may be hooked... You promise my life will never be the same? I sure could use a change for the better...

I actually was able to open the xml file and append some text pretty easily...just to see if i could do it. Is there a certain way to open and read an xml file?

I actually was able to open the xml file and append some text pretty easily...just to see if i could do it. Is there a certain way to open and read an xml file?

It looks like I don't have an action to open up a xml file. I'll add one for the next update. We should be able to use the "Read Text File" under the File actions to read in the contents of the xml file and set it to a variable. Then you can use the "Load Xml String" action to start playing around with the xml.

You will then want to drop a "Get Root Node" action to get access to the root of the xml document.

Each section with <> <?> is a xml node. There should always be a root node. If you look at that clickbank rss xml file, you will see the main root node. That node has <category> </category> nodes as children. That is where the "Get Nodes" action will come into play. It will get all of those category nodes so you can loop through each one.

Then we need to get the <site> </site> nodes for each category. You will do the same for each category... Use the "Get Nodes" for each category and loop through the sites. That will get you the details for each site that you can enter into the database.

I have some new actions that will be in the next update to make this a lot easier. They will allow you to set a path instead of looping through categories to get to the sites. You just set a path like "root|category|site" and it will go right to the site nodes.

I can easily put together a script for the clickbank stuff if you can wait until I get this next release out. It would take me less than an hour to build the whole software program. Easy peasy.

Thomas

I know for you it is easy peasy, for me, not so much...lol I will have to read your instructions about 20 times at least to get it to sink into my mind. How soon before next update? (not being pushy)

Another question, in the screenshot below, How do I delete the panel on the right labeled "Products Data"
    I'm just wanting a listing of the records there, not that panel.

Barry

pic4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    It looks like I don't have an action to open up a xml file. I'll add one for the next update. We should be able to use the "Read Text File" under the File actions to read in the contents of the xml file and set it to a variable. Then you can use the "Load Xml String" action to start playing around with the xml.

You will then want to drop a "Get Root Node" action to get access to the root of the xml document.

Each section with <> <?> is a xml node. There should always be a root node. If you look at that clickbank rss xml file, you will see the main root node. That node has <category> </category> nodes as children. That is where the "Get Nodes" action will come into play. It will get all of those category nodes so you can loop through each one.

Then we need to get the <site> </site> nodes for each category. You will do the same for each category... Use the "Get Nodes" for each category and loop through the sites. That will get you the details for each site that you can enter into the database.

I have some new actions that will be in the next update to make this a lot easier. They will allow you to set a path instead of looping through categories to get to the sites. You just set a path like "root|category|site" and it will go right to the site nodes.

I can easily put together a script for the clickbank stuff if you can wait until I get this next release out. It would take me less than an hour to build the whole software program. Easy peasy.

Thomas
    What part of the instructions am I able to do in the current version of ESB? I see the "Read Text File" action, Does that read the whole file at once? Or one line at a time?

I don't see the "Load Xml String" action or the "Get Root Node" actions? are these things to come or currently in ESB.

Having fun trying different actions in the automation area, just learning.