Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by goodman441 View Post
    I know for you it is easy peasy, for me, not so much...lol I will have to read your instructions about 20 times at least to get it to sink into my mind. How soon before next update? (not being pushy)
    I don't comment on when a update will be out. As soon as I can get it out.

Another question, in the screenshot below, How do I delete the panel on the right labeled "Products Data"
    I'm just wanting a listing of the records there, not that panel.

Barry

Attachment 546
    When you click the form, within the model, you need to deselect list and detail under the Options window.

What part of the instructions am I able to do in the current version of ESB? I see the "Read Text File" action, Does that read the whole file at once? Or one line at a time?

I don't see the "Load Xml String" action or the "Get Root Node" actions? are these things to come or currently in ESB.

Having fun trying different actions in the automation area, just learning.
    It should read the whole file and put it into a variable.

The "Load Xml String" and "Get Root Node" should be in your version. I don't think I added anything to the xml actions prior to the last couple of days.

Thomas

Barry,
    you'll probably find in the coming update that using the API will be the way to go.
    I used xml with winautomation years ago...back then json was the better option even then
    but you'll find not many places will keep using xml...at least it seems to be API access for most
    known sites theses days.
    My opinion don't mount to a hill a beans...but...yeah, your doing well Baz.
    Ill be doing some helpful scripts..but you should download my email project which has
    a built in zipped html files..that the script unzips to temp, uploads to website and adds it to
    database..ect...will find the video and file..bit busy today but have Monday off and will be spending
    sat,sun,mon urgently trying to finish up my ESB plugin as i want it ready so can test it with my beta
    tester troupe.
    I may offer a script creation service in near future...gotta somehow recoup a little coffee money haha
    but for now 'my' priority is the plugin...then sleepless nights on the new API stuff..woohoo..great FUN.
    Enjoy your journey...pull apart my scripts too wen i find them as from NOW ON i will label them as Thomas
    has allowed that in the building process...which will help a lot.
    ok...gotta RUN....
    Robbie

Thanks Robbie, I could use as many examples and scripts as possible to learn from....I'm trying to figure out the flow and structure of ESB. I am enjoying what I've learned so far, I think Thomas was right when he said I may have the bug for it now. I'm trying to think of new ways of using ESB.

Barry

The "Load Xml String" and "Get Root Node" should be in your version. I don't think I added anything to the xml actions prior to the last couple of days.
    I've looked thru all the actions and functions in the Automation Designer and I am not seeing the two actions listed above. I drilled down everywhere I thought it would be and can't find it.

Barry

P.S. I hate bugging you with all my tiny issues.

I've looked thru all the actions and functions in the Automation Designer and I am not seeing the two actions listed above. I drilled down everywhere I thought it would be and can't find it.

Barry

P.S. I hate bugging you with all my tiny issues.
    Not a problem Barry. It will be in the next update because I just used them.

Thomas

When you do an update, is it an update of the whole ESB Program, or is it an update of the Automation actions to allow them to be accessible to us? I'm just curious. Man! There is a ton of cool stuff in ESB!!!

Thanks
    Barry

When you do an update, is it an update of the whole ESB Program, or is it an update of the Automation actions to allow them to be accessible to us? I'm just curious. Man! There is a ton of cool stuff in ESB!!!

Thanks
    Barry
    lol An update of the whole ESB program with new stuff like the videos I did in other threads.

If there isn't a XML section, within the actions, then it was something I didn't include. That would make sense since I didn't upload the docs so I may have taken it out at the last minute thinking it wouldn't be used because the REST stuff wasn't done at that point.

I want this out ASAP so you guys can start playing with the new stuff. That way I can finish up some Smartflo stuff and work on any fixes you find at the same time.

Right now I am finishing up the script builder and need to start working on the docs and videos for the new stuff.

Thomas

Okay, cool! Thanks.

Okay, cool! Thanks.

I am enjoying your enthusiasm and want to keep you going. It looks like everything is starting to sink in and in no time you will be busting out scripts within an hour.

You and Robbie will be the residential experts in automation.

Thomas

I'm far from an expert. But, I like what I've seen, and I hope I can start producing some useful programs for me and others..getting some ideas out of my mind!!!