Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I've been testing the import process in my program, I went in and selected all records in a table to delete them and it sort of locked up. i closed everything down and when i ran my program again, there is no Navigation bar on the left, with Automation and my table Icons, it goes directly into my table, no records there because i deleted them all. How do i get the Navigation panel to come back up? I've been looking around everywhere for a setting...
    Last edited by goodman441; 09-29-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goodman441 View Post
    I've been testing the import process in my program, I went in and selected all records in a table to delete them and it sort of locked up. i closed everything down and when i ran my program again, there is no Navigation bar on the left, with Automation and my table Icons, it goes directly into my table, no records there because i deleted them all. How do i get the Navigation panel to come back up? I've been looking around everywhere for a setting...
    Deletions take time. Especially when doing a lot of them. It sounds like you killed the program while it was deleting the records. There is no setting for the navigation on the left.

Try shutting everything down, restarting your computer and when you open up ESB do a repair on that project. Do the repair before running the project.

Thomas

I tried several times to Repair the database, but the Navigation never came back. I ended up rebuilding the Project.

For now I was able to get a good looking .csv file to import into my program. I'm beginning to set up some automation scripts. The first one is to delete all records in the database, or table? is that what you call records in a gridform? Anyway I see the delete collection action but can't figure out what it is wanting for the "Records" variiable....? I'm struggling with figuring out what the actions are wanting as input... I don't post on here until i have searched your youtube videos and looked thru the Help Docs. Thanks

pic5.jpg

Hey Barry,

A Form is the same as a database table. In this instance, you are wanting to delete all the data in a table. A database will have many tables.

You have to get the records before you can delete them. It works the same way as you using the software. When you click on the navigation, the grid window pops up showing you all the data within that table or form. Then you select a record or records and click the delete button.

In the script you will have to do the same thing. You get the records you want to delete first and then you delete them. You can use the Get Records action that allows you to get certain records that match a criteria. For instance, if you want all records that has a status of "Finished". Or you can use the Get All Records action that will retrieve everything.

Is this script just for learning? I wouldn't recommend doing this repeatedly in a app you create and sell. Not a problem if you're just playing around.

Thomas

Thomas,

Thanks, That info helps me understand it better. This script is just for testing and practice for me to learn ESB. I'm wanting fresh, current data from Clickbank, I foresee maybe doing an initial load of data once, then just doing updates for added products and deletions.... Just leaning and experimenting with ESB. I have thoughts on my next project already. I may begin that today.

Barry

Thomas

Okay,more questions. I've made real progress tonight. I was able to do two scripts. One to delete all records in my table, and the other to import a CSV file. Both scripts take about a minute to run with 4008 records. I have all my scripts set up in the Auto Script area, I have not set any up in the Scheduled Scripts area.

Now my questions.

1. While running my program, and clicked on my table, I see a Automation-Run Script button on the menu, I click on it and it shows my scripts. I click on one and it says
    "Scripts were successfully scheduled to run" But it never runs.... am I missing a setting somewhere? I want the script to run right away.

2. When I click on the Automation Server Button in the Automation section, it says "Automation Server is not available while in designer" Doesn't seem to ever be available. Can explain what that is?

Thanks,
    Barry

Thomas,

I was checking out more of the Help Documentation at http://easysoftwarebusiness.com/esb/help/

I see the list of Modules at the bottom of the menu. The Modules are the Addons you have to chose from when you're building a software program? Is that correct?

Well, I'm seeing Modules in the Help Documentation that I am not seeing in my version of ESB Expert. Specifically I saw the Word Processing Module I think would help one of my projects. So I guess I am wondering if I am suppose to have that Module and other Modules, or are the modules in my version, but under the hood so to speak?

Barry

Thomas

Okay,more questions. I've made real progress tonight. I was able to do two scripts. One to delete all records in my table, and the other to import a CSV file. Both scripts take about a minute to run with 4008 records. I have all my scripts set up in the Auto Script area, I have not set any up in the Scheduled Scripts area.

Now my questions.

1. While running my program, and clicked on my table, I see a Automation-Run Script button on the menu, I click on it and it shows my scripts. I click on one and it says
    "Scripts were successfully scheduled to run" But it never runs.... am I missing a setting somewhere? I want the script to run right away.

2. When I click on the Automation Server Button in the Automation section, it says "Automation Server is not available while in designer" Doesn't seem to ever be available. Can explain what that is?

Thanks,
    Barry
    1. You need the Automation server running.

2. You need to build and install the program in order to run the Automation server. You need to remember any data you enter while creating your program will be part of the installation you build when you sell your program. You are better off testing your scripts like you have been doing and then building/installing the program to test everything else. You don't want to add your personal accounts for things like Ftp or emails and have that installed on your end users computers.

Thomas

Thomas,

I was checking out more of the Help Documentation at http://easysoftwarebusiness.com/esb/help/

I see the list of Modules at the bottom of the menu. The Modules are the Addons you have to chose from when you're building a software program? Is that correct?

Well, I'm seeing Modules in the Help Documentation that I am not seeing in my version of ESB Expert. Specifically I saw the Word Processing Module I think would help one of my projects. So I guess I am wondering if I am suppose to have that Module and other Modules, or are the modules in my version, but under the hood so to speak?

Barry
    Addons and modules are not the same. You have document, spreadsheet and diagram forms.

Thomas