Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thomas,

I've been testing my program the last few days, I've been doing several All Record deletes of my main data table, then importing from a CSV file. Testing out different files to nail down the process I'm using. Well, today I went to continue testing and my Main table has no records (because the last thing I did was a total delete of records), and when I run the program, it takes quit awhile for the program to come up after the splash screen. And when I click the Main Table, I see the little circle spinning for a long time before it shows me no records. I've rebooted my pc, did repairs in ESB.... so, my question is, are old deleted records still there somewhere, is there a defrag or compact Table function? is there a way to get a fresh new table, that is fast again?

Thanks,
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by goodman441 View Post
    Thomas,

I've been testing my program the last few days, I've been doing several All Record deletes of my main data table, then importing from a CSV file. Testing out different files to nail down the process I'm using. Well, today I went to continue testing and my Main table has no records (because the last thing I did was a total delete of records), and when I run the program, it takes quit awhile for the program to come up after the splash screen. And when I click the Main Table, I see the little circle spinning for a long time before it shows me no records. I've rebooted my pc, did repairs in ESB.... so, my question is, are old deleted records still there somewhere, is there a defrag or compact Table function? is there a way to get a fresh new table, that is fast again?

Thanks,
    Barry
    No, the records are not removed until you do a repair. Part of the reason I wouldn't recommend your approach.

Thomas

I moved the filename question into its own thread to make it easier for others to find it if they are interested in doing the same thing.

http://profittigersystems.com/vbforu...for-versioning

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    No, the records are not removed until you do a repair. Part of the reason I wouldn't recommend your approach.

Thomas

Thomas,

I did a Repair on my project on the Projects page and it seemed to run successfully. But it didn't seem to help with speed. I click on my main table, with no records in it, and it takes 50 seconds for the cursor to come back. This approach I am using is not the approach my final program will be. I'm doing it this way just to get more familiar to how things work within ESB. I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface of it's capabilities. Working directly with the XML file from ClickBank is my goal, once those capabilities are rolled out. For now I have written a Visual Basic Convertor program that converts the xml file to csv in the exact format to import to ESB table. I've tried a few times to add a couple columns into my csv file containing what I call the Hoplink and Pitchpage, two useful urls's, using the Website Editor, but I get errors during the import. But I'm learning alot trying different things.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by goodman441 View Post
    Thomas,

I did a Repair on my project on the Projects page and it seemed to run successfully. But it didn't seem to help with speed. I click on my main table, with no records in it, and it takes 50 seconds for the cursor to come back. This approach I am using is not the approach my final program will be. I'm doing it this way just to get more familiar to how things work within ESB. I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface of it's capabilities. Working directly with the XML file from ClickBank is my goal, once those capabilities are rolled out. For now I have written a Visual Basic Convertor program that converts the xml file to csv in the exact format to import to ESB table. I've tried a few times to add a couple columns into my csv file containing what I call the Hoplink and Pitchpage, two useful urls's, using the Website Editor, but I get errors during the import. But I'm learning alot trying different things.

Barry
    I can only suggest to wait for the next version. I updated the repair function. It may fix your issue.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    I can only suggest to wait for the next version. I updated the repair function. It may fix your issue.

Thomas
    Okay, That would be great!

Thomas

This is on another topic, but I'm just getting back into ESB and I'm looking at old programs. I bought the group of programs years ago that included the Real Estate Agent, Real Estate Flipping,.etc...includes about 12-13 TSB programs. I went thru the convert old projects to ESB procedure and they created a new .ESB file and everything, but when I go in to edit the program, and click on designer. I see the forms and relationships, but no editors within the forms. When I run the program, they look fine. Just don't see the Editors... Is this the way it is suppose to be? Do the editors not convert? See pic below. I wanted to take a look at the old programs to get some ideas for my current projects, still learning.

Thanks,
    Barry

pic6.jpg

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I went back in and opened up an old program and clicked on the down arrow on the forms and it dropped down all the editors in the form. See pic.

Thanks,
    Barry

pic7.jpg

Thomas,

More questions: okay, I have a "main table" and I have been able to calculate a text field using the calculation editor.
    The field is a url. I want to show the url in a browser editor in the same record, If I could calculate the browser editor that would be good, but I can't.
    See attached pic. I'm trying to figure out how to populate the browser editor and create(calculate) the hoplink. the hoplink needs the ClickBank Account name. I'm trying to use the field Account Nickname (Username) in the hoplink, but that is in another table. I love the Calculate functions available for creating fields from other info in the record.

I would like to be able to populate these links on the fly when the user clicks to open the detail of the record. Don't know if that is possible.

I did set up a script that I can run. I highlight a record and run the script and it will populate the browser editor and show when the record detail is viewed. It works on multiple records too, if I choose many records. Just takes a few seconds for the script to run.

Do you have any ideas on how I can do this differently?

Is it possible to pull fields from other tables?

Thanks,
    Barry

pic9.jpg