Default Document merge form

Hi Thomas,

I am using document merge form to generate an invoice for services but I am unable to select 2 data objects since I have the client name and service provided in 2 data forms namely the client form and services form.

Is there a way to select merge fields from 2 data objects when using document merge?

Thanks
    Mohammed

Quote Originally Posted by techedge View Post
    Hi Thomas,

I am using document merge form to generate an invoice for services but I am unable to select 2 data objects since I have the client name and service provided in 2 data forms namely the client form and services form.

Is there a way to select merge fields from 2 data objects when using document merge?

Thanks
    Mohammed
    Hi Mohammed,

The mail merge form is geared towards a simple one data object merge. You won't be able to add multiple data objects.

Did you try the Snap Reports? Works similar the Merge form but allows you more features like multiple data objects. Or you could even create a Report. Both Snap Reports and Reports can be used to create invoices.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your quick response.

I haven't tried the snap report and will give it a try if I can use multiple data objects.

Thanks,
    Mohammed

Hi Thomas,

Thanks
    Mohammed

H Thomas,

I tried the snap report and it does the job. However, I personally like the mail merge form since it is simpler for the user of the application.

Thanks,
    Mohammed

Mo,
    You'd probably find you could make a collection of reports and save them into the software's
    so in the reports navigation have a selection you created for THEM to choose from.
    At the end of the day in experience there's only be a 1/2 dozen types of reports they'd want anyway, I'd think.

H Thomas,

I tried the snap report and it does the job. However, I personally like the mail merge form since it is simpler for the user of the application.

Thanks,
    Mohammed

I am actually liking the Snap report now that I am playing with it more. It has more features for designing your report including grouping and generating summary etc..

Merge forms are great for simple things like letter or emails templates where you merge the person's data with the template. Other than that, I would be using the Snap or the Reports for stuff like invoices.

Thomas