Thread: Xmas Cheer

Default Xmas Cheer

yesssss, sold my first bit of software on ebay uk, like most folk here it's been a roller-coaster ride getting to grips with the excellent v.2 pro version (any one thinking of taking the upgrade offer from Thomas should get it now before the price sky rockets, I'm glad I got in when I did

This is where I'm at, ( for anyone interested )

The software:

The software I built was a simple fishing log tracker software, which I thought would be a good test for me to see it I could do it, I did a bit of research and found two competitors on ebay selling it on cd 9.99 and 14.99 I pitched my listing at 12.99

My twist:

I built the software with the same fields as the others but added two browsers, one with the live UK Met office weather website so the user can see the weather forecast and gather information on wind speed, direction, air temp, pressure, etc and then toggle back and forth to input the data, this, I believe is a Big feature the others are lacking, I also linked a browser to a moon phase calendar site for folk who like to dig even deeper.

I designed the box, See Pics, burnt CD, Then uploaded the lot to Kunaki and ordered 10 units
    The quality is excellent and cellophane wrapped.

I have it as a free trial version on a new site I'm building at http://www.bulldogsoftware.co.uk
    I came up with the site name and branding ideas from advice and guidance from this forum,
    I've still got to upload the other two titles on the site.

Hope my story so far helps inspire other to persevere.
    The great thing is all the hard work is finish and I can promote this forever... Sweet

Cheers Neal
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thats awesome Neal. Really excellent way of thinking outside the box on weather checking. Fantastic looking cover. Your site should do great.

I made a few sales of my Ebiz Tracker by running a WSO on the Warrior Forum. Not as many as I thought, but at least I made some sales. There's so much bumping and new WSO's going on that it gets moved off the front page very quickly. I may have to pay 20.00 again and get it moved back to the front page. Alan must be making a killing on these.

Everybody have a great Christmas.

Good job, Neal. This will really help make sense of things by having a website to be a center for your products. I like the graphics too. I haven't tried your products yet to see if they make it rain or make the fish bite.

I think you are getting quite innovative with your products. Congratulations on your sales.

It could get dangerous around here with all these tigers and bulldogs running around. LOL

That is what I love to hear, Neal. Fantastic.

This is just like any other product out there when it comes to marketing. I do think we have an advantage because software is seen as higher value. Especially compared to ebooks.

There is nothing stopping you from grouping ebooks and software together to make that perceived value higher.

You could also sell wholesale to fishing shops. You can make your software into a physical product and put them into fishing stores.

I think next year will be a great year for a lot of us.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Thats awesome Neal. Really excellent way of thinking outside the box on weather checking. Fantastic looking cover. Your site should do great.

I made a few sales of my Ebiz Tracker by running a WSO on the Warrior Forum. Not as many as I thought, but at least I made some sales. There's so much bumping and new WSO's going on that it gets moved off the front page very quickly. I may have to pay 20.00 again and get it moved back to the front page. Alan must be making a killing on these.

Everybody have a great Christmas.
    Mike, don't let the WSO forum dictate your view on your pricing or your product. That section has changed a great deal. I used to make some great money on that forum but no so much anymore.

I tested an offer recently and it did alright. Now I know it will do even better out in the real world. I would concentrate of driving traffic to your site instead of the wso section. You will make more money and your conversions should be higher.

Thomas

Congratulations on the sales, Neal and Mike. I'm working away at my resume creator and really impressed with what TSB can do. Trouble is, I keep thinking of new things to add to it

Hope to have it ready for the new year, when all those poor bastards will be looking for jobs

Waller

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    That is what I love to hear, Neal. Fantastic.

This is just like any other product out there when it comes to marketing. I do think we have an advantage because software is seen as higher value. Especially compared to ebooks.

There is nothing stopping you from grouping ebooks and software together to make that perceived value higher.

You could also sell wholesale to fishing shops. You can make your software into a physical product and put them into fishing stores.

I think next year will be a great year for a lot of us.

Thomas
    Thanks guys for the great encouraging comments, it's nice to share things with people you like and trust.

For any new folk here, it may be worth down loading the free trial and checking out the help docs created
    with screen steps to see how it helps the end user, and also a camtasia video I put together which shows a walk through of the software including how to use the charts and analysis part of the program.

Next year will be a great year I'm sure, the product quality that kunaki sent back is well up there with the
    best of them and like Thomas suggested, I'm going to take this to some local tackle shops and see what happens, maybe offer a branded version for them to get them motivated....

Bulldog Software........Software with Bite ( I must be Barking MAD )

Just had a thought, no need to download the software, here is a link to the video and help files, this is set up so it is only available from the help button in the software,
    http://www.bulldogsoftware.co.uk/fis...ackerhelp.html
    Last edited by nealtucker; 12-16-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: idea

Back in Oklahoma until sometime in March 2013. . .I think

That's pretty sweet Neal, and congrats on your first sale. Also a damn good idea. Not something I would have thought of. Love the video, and the manual and artwork for the covers. And like Mike said, really thinking out of the box with the weather and moon data.

I've just finished my first app, and it's actually one we're giving away to all our customers, both on ebay, and getting it set up for our web site. This is what I love about what Thomas has allowed us to achieve. We have our own software and can do what we want with it to improve and grow our businesses.

My wife's nephew and I are authorized dealers for Case XX knives in the USA, so my first project was to build a Knife Collectors Database. I simply provide a link in each auction so that people can look at the info on our own site and see what they're going to get for nothing.

If you want to have a look at what I've done so far for our ebay customers you can do so here.http://www.cvknives.com/professional...ctor-software/

I've set up the free download link for our customers through softseller, via PayPal. It's only 25 cents per download and helps protect the app from being stolen.

I'm still working on the manual and some more videos. So glad I have Camtasia and ScreenSteps.

I'm also hoping to be able to sell cd versions at some point in the very near future, as well as a paid download from our site.

However, all this depends on feedback from people getting the freebie for actually buying a knife.

I'll keep you updated.

Anyhow, congrats again Neal. Keep it up mate!!

Cheers
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by aussieokie View Post
    That's pretty sweet Neal, and congrats on your first sale. Also a damn good idea. Not something I would have thought of. Love the video, and the manual and artwork for the covers. And like Mike said, really thinking out of the box with the weather and moon data.

I've just finished my first app, and it's actually one we're giving away to all our customers, both on ebay, and getting it set up for our web site. This is what I love about what Thomas has allowed us to achieve. We have our own software and can do what we want with it to improve and grow our businesses.

My wife's nephew and I are authorized dealers for Case XX knives in the USA, so my first project was to build a Knife Collectors Database. I simply provide a link in each auction so that people can look at the info on our own site and see what they're going to get for nothing.

If you want to have a look at what I've done so far for our ebay customers you can do so here.http://www.cvknives.com/professional...ctor-software/

I've set up the free download link for our customers through softseller, via PayPal. It's only 25 cents per download and helps protect the app from being stolen.

I'm still working on the manual and some more videos. So glad I have Camtasia and ScreenSteps.

I'm also hoping to be able to sell cd versions at some point in the very near future, as well as a paid download from our site.

However, all this depends on feedback from people getting the freebie for actually buying a knife.

I'll keep you updated.

Anyhow, congrats again Neal. Keep it up mate!!

Cheers
    Jim

Nice and clean interface Jim, great job, thanks for sharing the video with us. I'm sure folk will take a lot of inspiration from this and be able to see the big picture on what can be achieved, and how to apply it to there own ideas. Nice one

Oooohhh Just sold two more on ebay uk..... this can get addictive. great stuff.
    cheers Neal

Quote Originally Posted by nealtucker View Post

Oooohhh Just sold two more on ebay uk..... this can get addictive. great stuff.
    cheers Neal
    Sweet news!!!!

Start working on your sales process now. What can you sell them for upsells and cross-sells.

Thomas