Sadly, we were robbed last night πŸ˜“

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
We were in the lounge downstairs, Via in the kitchen on her iPad and Aileen and I were sitting on the futon in the lounge
We saw red/blue lights...the police were at Apartment 1 (we are in No 4 of 4)...we were looking and wondering what's going on..
Little did we realize, we were being entered into and robbed upstairs...we didn't hear anything,. we think they came in through the 3rd bedroom window which has stupid sliding windows because the escape ladder for fires is on the other side... police believe they got in through there.
Sadly, 😣πŸ˜₯ they stole 35000P from the safe (it was open as were paying for things and Aileen left it open as, well you don't think this would happen) and
they took the wedding ring I had handmade in Israel, a few necklaces and her former boss gave her some old collectors coins...they were all taken too.

Apartment one: In apartment one they came through their sliding doors in the master bedroom and smashed something to get in and took 30k+ from them... they have been staking the place ( we think as they were not home at the time) for a while noting when they got out we can gather so far from the police. For us they pushed the sliding window open in that escape spare room (I'll get some photos later) and while all three of us were downstairs, Via was in the kitchen sitting at the table and Aileen and I were on the futon sofa/bed playing on our phones we saw the flashing lights of police outside and then suddenly got an SMS to Aileen's phone from the landlady saying lock your doors, windows etc as No 1 had been broken into and things stolen (when they got home and discover that about 9pm) We didn't realise that they were ransacking our bedroom ( when it happened must be around a similar time..9 to 9.30 or something...they were VERY professional as the cops did print checks around her safes and cupboard door etc. We don't know because what scared us was Via usually has dinner and ALWAYS ever since I have been here, always goes upstairs back to her from. It's by God's grace that she felt to stay down and do some things on her iPad on the table...we can't imagine what would be...if she was upstairs and encountered them coming in or walking past. We need to all go to the police station this morning for fingerprints so they can eliminate us from the ones they find IF they find any. Anyway...will keep you posted on any more news.
God is gracious as Via basically lives in her room (teenager) but last night after her dinner instead of returning she just played her ippad in kitchen, a blessing for sure.
Thanks for listening and YES, we are all ok, a little shaken but that was our main concern, our safety. Its worth noting that it must have been someone watching the place as the guy in No1 and us, No4 are foreigners...the No2 and 3 have DOGS.... that's maybe why, the police think, they did not try there.
Seeya, I'm going to buy 2 ip 360P cameras and Via doesn't want to sleep in her room till we resolve the risks,
Stay safe

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear that Robbie. I have a feeling they were watching you for some time so be careful and watch your surroundings.

Definitely look into getting some type of metal bar that can be set in the interior window to keep it from being opened from the outside.

I''ll take a break from the automation and run some tests on everything else. Hopefully I can get a release out without the automation so you and others can build some programs to start selling. Most important is everyone is safe, we can work on making up for the material losses.

Don't hesitate to message me if you need to talk brother.

Mel Bel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, that sucks! :( So sorry this happened to all of you, Robbie.

All of our houses and apartments in my region have iron grating for all windows. It's a little risky in case of a fire but it prevents anyone from coming in the house through windows.

Definitely get a house dog when you can. We have those too.

I would say you were definitely targeted in advance by those crooks. And someone likely tipped them off as well that you guys had some valuables and no dogs, no grating on the windows, etc. That was pulled off too smoothly. Careful who you associate with there, Robbie.

Hopefully the police come up with something, but a lot of "investigations" go nowhere in this country.

At least you are all safe! Thank God.

Mel

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, thanks, Mel. No....this landlord hasn't got any grill/bars on the windows. All the main windows are those louvres that you may have but they never replaced the sliding doors on the little main bedroom balcony. Many a time i wanted to sit with my laptop and coffee out there but you can hardly move the doors, they scrape and you can't lock them.
Police noticed this and demanded she fix them, which she's getting that done (not soon enough though.) and also they told her the fire escape room with the ladder going right to the window next to Via's bedroom has a firewall behind it that's high...anyone could walk into the gated area and sus the place out, which..yes, I agree. And they must put, preferably a swinging bar
We don't associate with anyone except her family which is enough for now.

AGREED-->"...I would say you were definately targeted in advance by those crooks. And someone likely tipped them off as well that you guys had some valuables and no dogs, no grating on the windows, etc. That was pulled off too smoothly...."
We'll get through it. Thanks, everyone. πŸ˜ŒπŸ‘

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yikes, Sorry that happened. But, as you said everybody is safe. Definitely sounds like the area had been cased and they knew exactly where and how they were breaking in.

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I agree Mike. We're still waiting on the landlord lady to send someone to check what can be done with the windows, kinda a joke so I think after the wedding we'll be looking for a house, not a 2-storey apartment so that we can only have a downstairs..easier to watch too.
And grates on the windows for sure.
I've been proactive and have installed 3 pan/tilt IP security cameras with tracking movements, 2-way voice etc and installed bolt and chain on all doors, including the 2 bedrooms. If the third room with the escape window to the fire ladder had a DOOR on it that could be bolted from the inside ....well, enough said...it doesn't, it's just an opening with a curtain lol, kinda lame.
Lastly, Via wont sleep in the bedroom OR house (she's at her grandmother's till these security measures are in place) so i have a few of her sisters upstairs.
The crooks I'm sure know it's hot and won't return now (we won't drop our guards down either) and Aileen was here before I came over for over a year with never an issue so it's a crook-tip-off for sure.
That's it for now on this. We have a wedding on Friday πŸ˜ŒπŸ˜‡ and were not going to let this spoil it. I'll post images and updates to the event but not my dancing lol. After the wedding looking forward to esb-ing our way to success,, 😎πŸ₯³

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
That's it for now on this. We have a wedding on Friday πŸ˜ŒπŸ˜‡ and were not going to let this spoil it. I'll post images and updates to the event but not my dancing lol. After the wedding looking forward to esb-ing our way to success,, 😎πŸ₯³

I'm going to need to see some Robbie dancing videos. It will help motivate me to finish this program. ;)

Thomas

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, Eyasu.Yeah, God is good and the girls are slowly recovering. I'll keep vigilant but it's true...I never thought it would happen to me.
Tonight is a bit different lol. I have Rosalie, Aileen's sister, put on a surprise bridesmaids party thing and surprised her when we returned from our walk-the-isle rehearsal. All her sisters are here...partying her last singles night (non-alcoholic drink lol) and chow king meals and fun.
They're upstairs, so I'm all alone downstairs...I have the kitchen πŸ˜… access though.
Anyway pal, all good. It is great to have an outside supporting family. 😌We've all been here a long time, we all aren't going anywhere either.
Cheers, all,
seeya in a few days :p