Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Question

Hi Thomas!

This new upgrade is going to be a major one when you release it, and I'm wondering how the upgrade is going to work out with existing projects in the current version. If we're working on something now, will this new version mess up the current projects or require some converting, etc., or do you see it going pretty smoothly?

Thanks!

Mel

Originally posted by Mel Bel View Post
    Hi Thomas!

This new upgrade is going to be a major one when you release it, and I'm wondering how the upgrade is going to work out with existing projects in the current version. If we're working on something now, will this new version mess up the current projects or require some converting, etc., or do you see it going pretty smoothly?

Thanks!

Mel
    Yep, this is a major update. Lots of database changes. I ended up building a whole update engine to do it within the background.

You shouldn't know anything about the update. Just install the new version and when you double click to run it will upgrade all of your projects. When your customer installs the new upgrade it will update the database and then update your changes when they run it.

It should go smoothly or I screwed up somewhere. You should always backup your projects before updating.

Thomas

Comment

Wow, that must have been a chore in itself creating that update engine.

Thanks!

Mel

Comment

Originally posted by Mel Bel View Post
        Wow, that must have been a chore in itself creating that update engine.

Thanks!

Mel
        Yeah, it was a lot of fun (not).

Thomas

Comment

Working...
        X