Barry Script Building Adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodman441 View Post
    I know for you it is easy peasy, for me, not so much...lol I will have to read your instructions about 20 times at least to get it to sink into my mind. How soon before next update? (not being pushy)
    I don't comment on when a update will be out. As soon as I can get it out.

Another question, in the screenshot below, How do I delete the panel on the right labeled "Products Data"
    I'm just wanting a listing of the records there, not that panel.

Barry

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546[/ATTACH]
    When you click the form, within the model, you need to deselect list and detail under the Options window.

What part of the instructions am I able to do in the current version of ESB? I see the "Read Text File" action, Does that read the whole file at once? Or one line at a time?

I don't see the "Load Xml String" action or the "Get Root Node" actions? are these things to come or currently in ESB.

Having fun trying different actions in the automation area, just learning.
    It should read the whole file and put it into a variable.

The "Load Xml String" and "Get Root Node" should be in your version. I don't think I added anything to the xml actions prior to the last couple of days.

Thomas

Comment

Barry,
      you'll probably find in the coming update that using the API will be the way to go.
      I used xml with winautomation years ago...back then json was the better option even then
      but you'll find not many places will keep using xml...at least it seems to be API access for most
      known sites theses days.
      My opinion don't mount to a hill a beans...but...yeah, your doing well Baz.
      Ill be doing some helpful scripts..but you should download my email project which has
      a built in zipped html files..that the script unzips to temp, uploads to website and adds it to
      database..ect...will find the video and file..bit busy today but have Monday off and will be spending
      sat,sun,mon urgently trying to finish up my ESB plugin as i want it ready so can test it with my beta
      tester troupe.
      I may offer a script creation service in near future...gotta somehow recoup a little coffee money haha
      but for now 'my' priority is the plugin...then sleepless nights on the new API stuff..woohoo..great FUN.
      Enjoy your journey...pull apart my scripts too wen i find them as from NOW ON i will label them as Thomas
      has allowed that in the building process...which will help a lot.
      ok...gotta RUN....
      Robbie

Comment

Thanks Robbie, I could use as many examples and scripts as possible to learn from....I'm trying to figure out the flow and structure of ESB. I am enjoying what I've learned so far, I think Thomas was right when he said I may have the bug for it now. I'm trying to think of new ways of using ESB.

Barry

Comment

The "Load Xml String" and "Get Root Node" should be in your version. I don't think I added anything to the xml actions prior to the last couple of days.
          I've looked thru all the actions and functions in the Automation Designer and I am not seeing the two actions listed above. I drilled down everywhere I thought it would be and can't find it.

Barry

P.S. I hate bugging you with all my tiny issues.

Comment

I've looked thru all the actions and functions in the Automation Designer and I am not seeing the two actions listed above. I drilled down everywhere I thought it would be and can't find it.

Barry

P.S. I hate bugging you with all my tiny issues.
            Not a problem Barry. It will be in the next update because I just used them.

Thomas

Comment

When you do an update, is it an update of the whole ESB Program, or is it an update of the Automation actions to allow them to be accessible to us? I'm just curious. Man! There is a ton of cool stuff in ESB!!!

Thanks
              Barry

Comment

When you do an update, is it an update of the whole ESB Program, or is it an update of the Automation actions to allow them to be accessible to us? I'm just curious. Man! There is a ton of cool stuff in ESB!!!

Thanks
                Barry
                lol An update of the whole ESB program with new stuff like the videos I did in other threads.

If there isn't a XML section, within the actions, then it was something I didn't include. That would make sense since I didn't upload the docs so I may have taken it out at the last minute thinking it wouldn't be used because the REST stuff wasn't done at that point.

I want this out ASAP so you guys can start playing with the new stuff. That way I can finish up some Smartflo stuff and work on any fixes you find at the same time.

Right now I am finishing up the script builder and need to start working on the docs and videos for the new stuff.

Thomas

Comment

Okay, cool! Thanks.

Comment

Okay, cool! Thanks.

I am enjoying your enthusiasm and want to keep you going. It looks like everything is starting to sink in and in no time you will be busting out scripts within an hour.

You and Robbie will be the residential experts in automation.

Thomas

Comment

I'm far from an expert. But, I like what I've seen, and I hope I can start producing some useful programs for me and others..getting some ideas out of my mind!!!

Comment

I've been testing the import process in my program, I went in and selected all records in a table to delete them and it sort of locked up. i closed everything down and when i ran my program again, there is no Navigation bar on the left, with Automation and my table Icons, it goes directly into my table, no records there because i deleted them all. How do i get the Navigation panel to come back up? I've been looking around everywhere for a setting...
                        Last edited by goodman441; 09-29-2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I've been testing the import process in my program, I went in and selected all records in a table to delete them and it sort of locked up. i closed everything down and when i ran my program again, there is no Navigation bar on the left, with Automation and my table Icons, it goes directly into my table, no records there because i deleted them all. How do i get the Navigation panel to come back up? I've been looking around everywhere for a setting...
                          Deletions take time. Especially when doing a lot of them. It sounds like you killed the program while it was deleting the records. There is no setting for the navigation on the left.

Try shutting everything down, restarting your computer and when you open up ESB do a repair on that project. Do the repair before running the project.

Thomas

Comment

I tried several times to Repair the database, but the Navigation never came back. I ended up rebuilding the Project.

Comment

For now I was able to get a good looking .csv file to import into my program. I'm beginning to set up some automation scripts. The first one is to delete all records in the database, or table? is that what you call records in a gridform? Anyway I see the delete collection action but can't figure out what it is wanting for the "Records" variiable....? I'm struggling with figuring out what the actions are wanting as input... I don't post on here until i have searched your youtube videos and looked thru the Help Docs. Thanks

pic5.jpg

Comment

Hey Barry,

A Form is the same as a database table. In this instance, you are wanting to delete all the data in a table. A database will have many tables.

You have to get the records before you can delete them. It works the same way as you using the software. When you click on the navigation, the grid window pops up showing you all the data within that table or form. Then you select a record or records and click the delete button.

In the script you will have to do the same thing. You get the records you want to delete first and then you delete them. You can use the Get Records action that allows you to get certain records that match a criteria. For instance, if you want all records that has a status of "Finished". Or you can use the Get All Records action that will retrieve everything.

Is this script just for learning? I wouldn't recommend doing this repeatedly in a app you create and sell. Not a problem if you're just playing around.

Thomas

Comment

Working...
                                X