Barry Script Building Adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TigerSoftware View Post
    Barry, are you adding all of these Clickbank products using automation or is the end user adding them in one at a time?

Do you plan on having a database of these products on your webserver or do you want to store them within the software?

Thomas
    Thomas,

So far, for testing and learning purposes, (since I'm just getting back into ESB) I have been using the Clickbank Marketplace feed, downloading it, making one small edit to the xml file with NotePad+, then running a Visual Basic program I wrote to read the XML file and output a nicely formatted .CSV file. Then I've been importing it into ESB, into my main data table. This most likely will not be the final process for loading data for end users. But I would like the final program to be easy to update the data, to pick up new products. I'm User-1. I'm a ways away from the final program. But I am learning a ton!!! Right now my main table is around 4000 records. I know you have told me it is not the best method, but ....???

If I had something that I could convert XML to MySql and pull from that data, that might be a good method. There are some edits I make to the XML to do away with duplicate.

Thanks,
    Barry

Comment

Thomas did a VIDEO of it before using the mathmatical
      expression that populated a total field in another field on page...on the fly.
      Ill find that video. I think it was a 'string' also...so you could add not just
      numbers but text also...ill have a look again...got 1/2 hr hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by schmutly View Post
        Hi Baz,
        In my email project you got the customer can tick all the emails he wants and script will send to them only then clear
        the selections...HOWEVER...you can also, in the automation, have it RUN when the fields (any field in record also) gets
        changed and script will run.
        If you check my other project and get up a customer and change the url it should update it on its own once saved...so
        you could,then, have it so if they put in their clickbank ID that the automation can uses "strings" to add it to the url easily.

I'm a bit dumb today....so write a reply here an example for me...i can create a quick video or project...i think its an outside-the-box
        thing but im sure i can do it
        Robbie
        Hey Robbie!

I'm checking that out now. That sounds like what I have in mind. I've looked over your projects, very helpful in my learning....can't Thank You enough!!

Thanks,
        Barry

Comment

Originally posted by schmutly View Post
          Hi Baz,
          In my email project you got the customer can tick all the emails he wants and script will send to them only then clear
          the selections...HOWEVER...you can also, in the automation, have it RUN when the fields (any field in record also) gets
          changed and script will run.
          If you check my other project and get up a customer and change the url it should update it on its own once saved...so
          you could,then, have it so if they put in their clickbank ID that the automation can uses "strings" to add it to the url easily.

I'm a bit dumb today....so write a reply here an example for me...i can create a quick video or project...i think its an outside-the-box
          thing but im sure i can do it
          Robbie
          Robbie,

I took a look at your Document Manager program and pull up a contact, changed the website field on the left and did a save. It doesn't actually change the Browser editor url until I run the script manually for it. Was it suppose to run the script when I saved the record?

Barry

Comment

I was able to get the browser editor to update to my pitchpage url by using a checkbox on the record and then save, then you have to wait until the script to run and refresh the record a few times before the browser changes....but it is progress...!!!!
            Last edited by goodman441; 10-24-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Howdy,
              um...from memory yeah...because as in designer its set to "automatically start on" "CREATE".
              Thats not just when new but if you change something..i asked this with Thomas once and i remember he said it would now update when script runs...but i think i cant remember now when script runs..i think about 30 seconds later? It does run on its own though as its set to "on create" so if its not working now i will check that myself :P
              see-> http://prntscr.com/pnthqf

Originally posted by goodman441 View Post
              Robbie,

I took a look at your Document Manager program and pull up a contact, changed the website field on the left and did a save. It doesn't actually change the Browser editor url until I run the script manually for it. Was it suppose to run the script when I saved the record?

Barry

Comment

The create automation trigger is when the user clicks New and saves a new record through the main program. Barry is creating new records through import.

Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by TigerSoftware View Post
                  ........... Barry is creating new records through import.
                  Thomas
                  ahhh..right
                  Hmm.hard to see exactly what your doing without full example. Thats me i guess :P

Comment

Working...
                  X