Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking fields

Hi Thomas,

Is there a way to link 2 fields or 2 editors? Say for instance a calendar field and a memo field. When you click on a date, the memo field changes corresponding to that date. Could be a nice feature for later update.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi Thomas,

Is there a way to link 2 fields or 2 editors? Say for instance a calendar field and a memo field. When you click on a date, the memo field changes corresponding to that date. Could be a nice feature for later update.

Thanks,
    Daniel
    Hi Daniel,

I am not sure what you mean to be honest. Can you give me a little more detail.

How would you want the memo field to change for a date?

Thomas

Comment

Sorry, I'll try to make sense.

I have 2 fields grouped together, Calendar and Memo. Staying on the same record, I would like to enter memo data for a particular date. So when I switch dates on the calendar field, the memo contents would change corresponding to the date selected. In other words different memo data is entered for different dates, but pertaining to that record, such as client John or project ABC.
      Database: Contacts
      Record 123: John Smith
      Fields: Calendar: (Jan 20, 2008) ~ Memo : John missed company meeting
      Calendar: (Jan 23, 2008) ~ Memo: purchased party supplies
      Calendar: (Jan 30, 2008) ~ Memo: trip itinerary

Thanks,
      Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
        Sorry, I'll try to make sense.

I have 2 fields grouped together, Calendar and Memo. Staying on the same record, I would like to enter memo data for a particular date. So when I switch dates on the calendar field, the memo contents would change corresponding to the date selected. In other words different memo data is entered for different dates, but pertaining to that record, such as client John or project ABC.
        Database: Contacts
        Record 123: John Smith
        Fields: Calendar: (Jan 20, 2008) ~ Memo : John missed company meeting
        Calendar: (Jan 23, 2008) ~ Memo: purchased party supplies
        Calendar: (Jan 30, 2008) ~ Memo: trip itinerary

Thanks,
        Daniel

Great idea Daniel but very tough to do. I would be very, very difficult to implement. Honestly, I am not sure I could based on how things are developed.

One reason, there is a learning curve already that people are trying to get through. Something like this would make it harder to learn.

More functionality makes it more harder. The first version was really easy but didn't have the functionality that this does. It need to strike a balance. I think this version is easy once you understand everything but it still scares some people who don't even want to try to learn it.

Thomas

Comment

Just a nice thought and the lack of it is not a problem.

I'm extremely happy with the functionality we now have with TSB. I still need to grasp all the power of the Analysis and Reporting features. I get more excited and awed each time I understand a new feature.

Thanks again for your creativity and your hard work.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
          X