Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting a CPA campaign strictly with software

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Starting a CPA campaign strictly with software

    Hello Software Makers,


    I decided to try some CPA out. I figured I might as well create some software while working out the bugs. I like to multi task as much as possible.

    I just got accepted to Neverblue a couple of days ago.

    I already have a split testing script setup which I will also be using for this.

    I am trying out 3 different programs all in the same market.

    I just created the first software and added one banner to the software. The banner url is pointed to my testing script which will alternate between the 3 offers. It will be direct linking. I will know my clicks but will have to get conversions from Neverblue.

    I just grabbes a picture off of IStockPhoto and added some text saying click here, blah blah blah.

    I will post more when I get some data. I just thought some might like to know how you could set this up. It is pretty easy so far.



    Thomas

  • #2
    I just set up something similar but for clickbank instead, I tried a CPA offer before but the problem is people download from all over the world, so people outside of the US weren't seeing the offer they were getting like Webfetti International as a site.

    Now keep in mind I have yet to have any program reviewed by upload.com yet (my CPA one is still waiting as of Jan 18th 09, but I emailed them about it today)

    So I guess I'll see!

    PS - A strategy I am using for marketing affiliate offers with the program is to do a search on the keywords for the niche (for example Green Tea weight loss)

    then find a decent traffic, low competition keyword (just like bum marketing with articles)

    Then I name my program after that keyword, and include a feature related to it.

    "Green Tea Weight Loss Tracker"

    and inside will have a software object that could track the green tea product source, purchase date, price, start date of using the product, and weight loss so far

    etc.


    Similar little program with functionality.


    Then I create a second software object, that would be named named "Click Here Free Trial of Green Tea XYZ" and then when the person clicks the software object, then double clicks the text editor record that says "Double Click Here for Your Free Trial" then the software object would load with basically just the browser object showing the sales page. (that was what I was referring to in the thread before Thomas, about making this part require less clicks)


    So that's what I'm doing right now, I'll let you guys know how it goes!
    Last edited by Dexx; 02-12-2009, 10:40 PM.
    ================================================== =============

    Do Not Just Crush Your Competitors - Absolutely KILL Them! - Click Here For Details

    Submit Unlimited Content For Unlimited Backlinks to Over 4073 Niche Specific Blogs—> Syndicate Kahuna
    ================================================== =====

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Dexx,
      I would suggest putting your browser on a second tab in your first object, so it is easier for them to see and get to.
      Just name the tab click here, or whatever you want.
      It could even be the first thing they see, or not if you don't want to annoy them.
      But if you give it free, then you can annoy them a bit.
      Just a few thoughts.
      Steve

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dexx View Post

        then find a decent traffic, low competition keyword (just like bum marketing with articles)

        Then I name my program after that keyword, and include a feature related to it.

        "Green Tea Weight Loss Tracker"
        Same thing I am doing.

        I decided to stick with one banner so I can rotate different offers and they don't need to be on the internet to see it.

        If this one works out, I will change the look of the software and call it something else so I can do the same thing. hehe

        Thomas

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by stevinium View Post
          Hi Dexx,
          I would suggest putting your browser on a second tab in your first object, so it is easier for them to see and get to.
          Just name the tab click here, or whatever you want.
          It could even be the first thing they see, or not if you don't want to annoy them.
          But if you give it free, then you can annoy them a bit.
          Just a few thoughts.
          Steve
          I don't find the Tab sticks out enough to get the clicks here's one I did for penny stocks:





          So ideally when they would click on the Hot Stock Software object, they wouldnt have to then double click the sample record, they would go straight into the open browser window of Img 2
          ================================================== =============

          Do Not Just Crush Your Competitors - Absolutely KILL Them! - Click Here For Details

          Submit Unlimited Content For Unlimited Backlinks to Over 4073 Niche Specific Blogs—> Syndicate Kahuna
          ================================================== =====

          Comment


          • #6
            Now I understand what you are talking about.

            Very creative Dexx. Great job.



            Thomas

            Comment


            • #7
              MADE MY FIRST AFFILIATE SALE WITH THE SOFTWARE TODAY!!!!

              WOOOOO!!!!


              Found a sweet niche with some good desperate keywords, and made a program similar to the one above but also with banner ads.

              18 Clicks on the Banner Ad and I got a sale!!

              and it took me maybe 15 minutes to make the software!

              I made a browser object for the program as well and it had 66 sales page views yesterday but no sale

              But you know what? 15 mintes -> $$ x Multiple Programs = $$$$$$$$

              I'm going to start pumping out software like crazy now.

              And the software I created has even been approved on the major sites like Download.com, Tucows etc. that was just from the little shareware sites I sent it to!



              What I might do is for every niche product I find, I'll create 4 - 5 different software ideas and just upload them all at the same time. Multiple my results like that.



              Either way.... WOOO WOOOO!!!
              ================================================== =============

              Do Not Just Crush Your Competitors - Absolutely KILL Them! - Click Here For Details

              Submit Unlimited Content For Unlimited Backlinks to Over 4073 Niche Specific Blogs—> Syndicate Kahuna
              ================================================== =====

              Comment


              • #8
                Congratulations Dexx! I am happy to hear you are doing well with this. I wish you all the luck. It just goes to show that one can talk about it all the day long, but the only way to get results is to take action.
                Alton

                Comment


                • #9
                  Great job Dexx.

                  This stuff works and I am excited seeing some of my friends here doing it.


                  Keep it up. I am uploading a lot myself.



                  Thomas

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I wonder if Upload.com / Download.com would get mad if I created multiple niche software programs with similar titles due to the keyword competition being great for them?


                    Like if I was going after the Weight Loss Niche:

                    *Lose Weight Fast Training Program
                    *Best Way To Lose Weight Manager
                    *Lose Weight in a Week Manager


                    If they had the same editors (text, numeric, etc.)

                    but I rebuilt the program's layout, skin selection, installation information, and pad details differently for their usage.

                    Would that be fine?

                    In theory it would be like me re-branding my own software no? I shouldnt get penalized for multiple submissions if I change them up physically?

                    Maybe add an additional editor to each one to help differentiate them more?
                    ================================================== =============

                    Do Not Just Crush Your Competitors - Absolutely KILL Them! - Click Here For Details

                    Submit Unlimited Content For Unlimited Backlinks to Over 4073 Niche Specific Blogs—> Syndicate Kahuna
                    ================================================== =====

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dexx View Post
                      I wonder if Upload.com / Download.com would get mad if I created multiple niche software programs with similar titles due to the keyword competition being great for them?


                      Like if I was going after the Weight Loss Niche:

                      *Lose Weight Fast Training Program
                      *Best Way To Lose Weight Manager
                      *Lose Weight in a Week Manager


                      If they had the same editors (text, numeric, etc.)

                      but I rebuilt the program's layout, skin selection, installation information, and pad details differently for their usage.

                      Would that be fine?

                      In theory it would be like me re-branding my own software no? I shouldnt get penalized for multiple submissions if I change them up physically?

                      Maybe add an additional editor to each one to help differentiate them more?
                      Hi Dexx,

                      I would sign up for a new account and submit it under that account.


                      Thomas

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thomas how would you classify the marketing done with the software?

                        When I read the description of "downloadable software" marketing it seems to be more toolbar and pop-under traffic


                        I would think since we are actually loading the CPA ads in the web browser in the software it would be more web search traffic instead.

                        How do you describe how you plan to market campaigns to advertisers?
                        ================================================== =============

                        Do Not Just Crush Your Competitors - Absolutely KILL Them! - Click Here For Details

                        Submit Unlimited Content For Unlimited Backlinks to Over 4073 Niche Specific Blogs—> Syndicate Kahuna
                        ================================================== =====

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dexx View Post
                          Thomas how would you classify the marketing done with the software?

                          When I read the description of "downloadable software" marketing it seems to be more toolbar and pop-under traffic


                          I would think since we are actually loading the CPA ads in the web browser in the software it would be more web search traffic instead.

                          How do you describe how you plan to market campaigns to advertisers?
                          I have been telling them through downloadable software and ppc.

                          I am not so sure about continuing with CPA. The offers change a lot and it is like get in make your money and then off to a different offer. I like something a little more set and forget.


                          Thomas

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I thought the same thing T which is why I've also been promoting ClickBank offers (havent started the CPA stuff yet)

                            but the way I figure it, tons of people have been promoting CPA via SEO / PPC methods, and it constantly changes with them too...

                            Sure it's a pain in the ass, but could be profitable!

                            What I'm doing is creating an html redirect page for the offer, and then using that link as the hub for my software


                            i.e. Weight Loss Tracking Software -> WeightLoss.html -> CPA Offer


                            then I can check back on the offer and see if/when it expires or isnt converting well, and then simply switch the offer page for all past and future software users.

                            That way all the time spent submitting to the download sites isnt wasted!

                            I also sneak a StatCounter code on the html page to track the country of the visitor to also help me gauge the quality of the traffic (if it is the right target market)
                            ================================================== =============

                            Do Not Just Crush Your Competitors - Absolutely KILL Them! - Click Here For Details

                            Submit Unlimited Content For Unlimited Backlinks to Over 4073 Niche Specific Blogs—> Syndicate Kahuna
                            ================================================== =====

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Haha well damn!!!!


                              I jsut made over $135 in sales with one of my ClickBank software promotions today!!!


                              WOo Wooo!!!!

                              And the software still hasnt even reviewed / approved on Upload.com yet! it's all traffic from the mini software sites!
                              ================================================== =============

                              Do Not Just Crush Your Competitors - Absolutely KILL Them! - Click Here For Details

                              Submit Unlimited Content For Unlimited Backlinks to Over 4073 Niche Specific Blogs—> Syndicate Kahuna
                              ================================================== =====

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X