Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KanbanXtreme Bug is Back

Hi Thomas!

Remember the bug KanbanXtreme had before with the cards rearranging themselves and unable to maintain the order set?

You fixed it, but it's back in the new version.

Thanks!

Mel

Originally posted by Mel Bel View Post
    Hi Thomas!

Remember the bug KanbanXtreme had before with the cards rearranging themselves and unable to maintain the order set?

You fixed it, but it's back in the new version.

Thanks!

Mel
    Dang it. Will check it out and see if I can remember how I fixed it. Before I released the update a couple of months ago I had to recover all of my projects. I was moving files from one computer to another and somehow lost all of my projects. I also lost some of my backups after that. Not a good time for me. I was able to recover most but it looks like the fix for the card sorting wasn't part of it. Now I need to remember how I fixed it.

Thomas

Comment

I know what losing a lot of important files is like, so I feel your pain there, Thomas. No rush, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Thanks again!

Mel

Comment

This is fixed and will be in the next update.

Funny, I was able to recover the code that originally fixed it, but it still did some weird stuff. I went a different way and so far it is working perfectly.

Thomas

Comment

That's great, Thomas! I guess the code that fixed it before wasn't quite compatible with the new code or something.

Thanks!

Mel

Comment

Just tested the new fix update for this, Thomas, and it's still rearranging cards after saving. It changes them to a new order when opening the file.

Also, it might have a new bug. When adding a new card in a different column, and trying to change the name, it sometimes adds the card name as a new card in the first column, or it doesn't change the name and then adds a new card in the first column with the new name.

Thanks!

Mel

Comment

Just tested the new fix update for this, Thomas, and it's still rearranging cards after saving. It changes them to a new order when opening the file.

Also, it might have a new bug. When adding a new card in a different column, and trying to change the name, it sometimes adds the card name as a new card in the first column, or it doesn't change the name and then adds a new card in the first column with the new name.

Thanks!

Mel
              Is the re-ordering happening when you add a new card or when you just change cards around without adding any new cards?

Thomas

Comment

Both, Thomas. If I add a new card, it gets rearranged, and if I reorder a card already there, it gets rearranged.

Not only that, but lets say I click in the 2nd column to add a new card, the dialog that pops up will have a "Title" for the new card already preloaded from a card in the 1st column. And even if I change the title, it ends up a card in column 1 instead of column 2 where I clicked to add it.

Mel

Comment

Both, Thomas. If I add a new card, it gets rearranged, and if I reorder a card already there, it gets rearranged.

Not only that, but lets say I click in the 2nd column to add a new card, the dialog that pops up will have a "Title" for the new card already preloaded from a card in the 1st column. And even if I change the title, it ends up a card in column 1 instead of column 2 where I clicked to add it.

Mel
                  Well, there is an issue with the sorting getting messed up when you add a new card. I got that. When I don't add a new card and just rearrange the cards it saves the placements perfectly. I've been moving around the cards all sorts of ways and taking screenshots so I can compare when I reopen the project. I am unable to duplicate the sorting issue when it comes to just rearranging cards (without add any new cards).

Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by TigerSoftware View Post
                    Well, there is an issue with the sorting getting messed up when you add a new card.

It is looking like I got this fixed. I haven't seen any issues with existing cards as long as I don't add a new one.

Thomas

Comment

I would say that your older projects, before this update, will probably have inaccurate settings. So you may need to move some cards around so it can reset those positions more accurately.

Thomas

Comment

Will do, Thomas. Much appreciated.

Mel

Comment

Working...
                        X