Can't find the index.html page when saving document as HTML

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
I created a quick test project and wanted to export as HTML. I set the items in the HTML settings in the template, and clicked Save AS -> HTML. It created a structure, but no html pages. See the screen shot. Unless I missed something. Also, is there a list of variables for creating a document template?

https://share.zight.com/04ud27Yq

Thanks.

Mike M.

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Weird, it worked for me.

easydocoindex.png

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Try creating a Home page by clicking the Home button under templates to see if that does it.

I'm not sure what you mean by a list of variables.

Thomas

Last edited:

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do have a basic Home page. Here is a quick video. Never mind the variables, once I modified and saved a doc template, they showed up. But, in the word processor that opens up after the doc is saved, if you click print preview or export to a pdf, the pages are all blank, except for the home page. Video shows it:

https://share.zight.com/7KuXEJKN

Mike M

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Let's keep this thread about the html so I can keep track of each issue.

I moved the doc stuff to a separate thread.

Appreciate the help.

Thomas

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm using windows 11 if that makes any difference, and running EasyDoco as Administrator.

Mike M

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using windows 11 if that makes any difference, and running EasyDoco as Administrator.

Mike M

Nope, shouldn't make a difference. The index.html file is there for me. I tried it on a clean windows 10 machine and it worked there as well.

Thomas

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, and the Docs folder in the folder list is empty when saving as HTML. Not sure if it should be or not.

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, and the Docs folder in the folder list is empty when saving as HTML. Not sure if it should be or not.

No, it should be full of html pages.

Like I said, it's working on my end so no idea why it isn't on yours.

Thomas

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
I created a new project, set the html template up, and saved as html. It did create the index and document pages, but when opening it, there was no menu to get to the other pages, nor any info on the page except the header and footer. Also, no images were showing if I went into the docs folder and opened an html page from there. Then I changed the logo in the template, and now no index or document pages get created. So I deleted the template and created a new one, and still no index or document pages. So it seems as soon as I changed the original template, nothing worked after that.

Mike M.

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Mike,

There is an error happening when saving your logo to the folder.

Thomas

Last edited:

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
The logo was way too big and crashed the program when trying to save it to the folder. It will now automatically resize the image if it is too big.

You will want it similar in size to the TigerSoftware logo on this forum or the main site.

Thanks,

Thomas

Last edited:

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK. I stole your logo to do a quick test. Now it creates the index page correctly. I was also confused, because opening index.html from the folder brings up the page and it says 'No data to display' under the search bar. But when uploaded to the website, it works as expected. So just a quick heads up to anyone else who is trying to see the html manual from their local file system. From now on, testing will be done on a local site using Laragon :) .

https://share.zight.com/2NuWlzQq

Thanks Thomas.

Mike M.