Mindmap saves & open?

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Morning Thomas.
Before I opened (for the 1st time) MindMapXtreme rather than start new I went to ChatGPT which has a mindmapGPT, created a mindmap around a keyword
and theme and saved it as XML.
But opening the mindmap app there's no 'open' icon. I was thinking that there may be times to cross-load some files as a mindmap project your working on can be saved to a project file. I haven't tried to do that to see if another APP like PdfExtreme (which can attach mindmaps) would import a ready-made mindmap from another mindmap format (or online resource ) or our mindmap project files.
Is there meant to be an 'open' file option?

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ohhh...just read that some can use Html:
  • HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
    • Advantages: Interactive and can be integrated into web pages. Supports linking and multimedia integration.
    • Disadvantages: Requires web browser or other HTML-supporting software to view.

I wonder if that's an option? I've never used mindmaps so maybe just an image is fine as is. All your programs allow images
      so thats ok as we can always edit the 'project' to update it. I don't want to delay things so leave this for now, the image is sufficient​
but thought I'd ask if its meant to have a 'save' mainly. Cheers,

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not understanding what you are trying to do Robbie. You can't create a mindmap with a different program and add it to MindmapXtreme. Not sure why you would use another program to create mindmaps instead of doing it within MindmapXtreme.

If you are trying to add a MindmapXtreme project then you would click on Projects at the top and select Import File.

Thomas

Last edited:

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nah, it's okay, you answered it. I wouldn't use another program to do mindmaps..someone may have been using a different one and see our software with other features and decide to buy it and import their mindmaps into ours but they can just save it as an image from their program and bring it in. Never used mindmaps in the past, but thinking about it after I realized just to use the image. Thanks tđź‘Ť