PdfXtreme Mail Merge function

techedge

Hi Thomas,

In PDFXtreme, I would like to use the "Mail Merge" function to populate merge fields and I am wondering how this function works in PDFXtreme. Can you add data table to PDFXtrem and how?

1695433469099.png

Thanks

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Mohammed, are you talking about mail merge in a word document?

If so, what are you trying to accomplish?

Thomas

Last edited:

techedge

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I am talking about mail merge in a word document. I have a word document which is a proposal document and I would like to replace a company and other proposal information by inserting a merge field.

Mohammed

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Thomas,

Yes, I am talking about mail merge in a word document. I have a word document which is a proposal document and I would like to replace a company and other proposal information by inserting a merge field.

Mohammed

Thanks Mohammed,

Why are you trying to do this in PdfXtreme? I could see using ESB to do something like this, but can't see why you would use PdfXtreme. I built PdfXtreme as a learning tool. To help expand on the knowledge within a Pdf file.

I'm trying to understand how you want to use PdfXtreme.

Thanks!

Thomas

Last edited:

techedge

Hi Thomas,

I just saw the mail merge functionality in PDFXtreme and I had a word document which I inserted into the PDFXtreme program with place holder value which I want to distribute. Once I distribute the PDFXtreme program, the client can run the mail merge to replace the place holder value with company name etc...

I can use ESB program but I thought if the PDFXtreme program had the mail merge functionality then I can use it as well.

This is just a Wishlist and it is not really needed if it is complicated.

I was just curious because I saw the Mail Merge functionality in PDFXtreme.

Thanks,
Mohammed

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Appreciate the question as I think it may be a good addition to DocXtreme. I don't really see the need for it in the other Xtreme programs, though. You would have to supply the data if you were to give or sell a project to your customers.

I am close to releasing DBXtreme which is basically a ESB Express (Microsoft Access) like version that will have reports/snap reports that can be used to merge data.

Thanks!

Thomas

Last edited:

techedge

Hi Thomas,

Currently the "Mail Merge" function is available with PDFXreme when you add document as shown below:

1695500751750.png

Maybe you need to remove this function if this option is no longer needed.

I will use ESB for my needs.

Glad to hear that you are close to releasing DBXtreme and would be great to have the merge functionality along with it.

Thanks,
Mohammed

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe when I get some free time I will take a look at it. It doesn't impact anything and I haven't had anyone bring this up in the past.

Thomas

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, this is not urgent and doesn't impact anything so please ignore. It is more of a Wishlist.

Mohammed

Always appreciate the feedback Mohammed. Sorry if I came across otherwise. Definitely a good idea, I'm just swamped right now trying to get these programs out and bringing in some money so I can continue adding more features.

Thomas

techedge

Hi Thomas,

I actually want you to get these program out and bringing some money so you continue adding more features. All is good and appreciate your dedication and hard work.

Mohammed

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Thomas,

I actually want you to get these program out and bringing some money so you continue adding more features. All is good and appreciate your dedication and hard work.

Mohammed

Appreciate it brother. Love where we are going with these programs and a big part of it is all of your feedback.

I want everyone here making money with these programs and not having to wait any longer to do so.

Thomas

Last edited: