Testing...

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I think we would be better off starting new projects and testing the functionality instead of upgrading existing projects. As of right now, I don't know if an error is because of the code or because of how the older project is upgraded.

Once we know the features are working then we can go back and test older projects. That way I will know it's a problem with the how I am upgrading older projects.

It will save alot of time and speed up the process.

As always, I appreciate you all for the help!

Thomas

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing as we are slowly moving towards getting this thing done... I am not going to be able to focus solely on getting ESB finished. I was hoping to be able to push through this until ESB was ready to release.

I need to generate some money as this version has completely depleted me trying to get it done. Hopefully I can generate some quick enough to put more focus on ESB. I will continue to work on it but have immediate needs (dog has been sick and I need to pay for increasing vet bills). So I will be working towards updating some of the other programs (which will be quicker to finish) and get them up for sale.

I don't see ESB being ready for another 3 to 4 more months at this pace.

Regards,

Thomas

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hope your lovely Pet, who is really a family member, pulls through. I know what its like and
i miss my nomi but pray he//she gets the best care and diagnosis 😌
😞🐶

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
quick question Thomas,
if the api and rest stuff is ignored for now how long to get just the basic ESB (kinda like how esb3 is) ready?
the things you said will be in next update seems like it's enough to use?
if the build were working then some of our basic apps would be ok as they don't rely on the api or rest.
again, it's only a question and i think the hardest thing even for you is when there's a few bugs.. then if it's compiled then realeased in incremental ... anyway.. how your dog is getting the best care though.
seeya,
Robbie

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
My dog isn't eating much. We think he has a problem with his liver. Got another vet appointment this Friday for more blood work. My only concern right now is getting him help and that is costing me a lot of money. You can continue to post bugs you find and I will continue working on them. ESB won't be ready for production even if all the current bugs are finished. It needs more testing and my priority is getting my dog taken care of.

Thomas

Last edited:

Mel Bel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aww...what kind of dog is he, Thomas? Got an old pic of him?

We had a border collie who had liver problems in her 13th year, and we had to put her down unfortunately. Way too much money for us here at the time for the type of treatments she needed. Today we could have afforded it at those prices, but it was many years ago, and even though medical costs here are probably/maybe a third of what they are in the US, vet costs are still pretty high here.

Wishing you and your pet the best, Thomas.

Mel

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
It needs more testing and my priority is getting my dog taken care of.
Good decision. We are all the dogs have to look after them. We are their whole world. I got one getting older and another not far behind. Had to pull a LOT of teeth about 6 months ago on the older one. Cost a lot of money, but can't let them suffer with sore teeth. I never knew dogs had so many. They pulled a lot and she still has a lot :) . Enough to try to bite the vet last time she had to get a shot anyways :ROFLMAO: . Surprised us both. Guess she remembered getting her teeth pulled.

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Aww...what kind of dog is he, Thomas? Got an old pic of him?

We had a border collie who had liver problems in her 13th year, and we had to put her down unfortunately. Way too much money for us here at the time for the type of treatments she needed. Today we could have afforded it at those prices, but it was many years ago, and even though medical costs here are probably/maybe a third of what they are in the US, vet costs are still pretty high here.

Wishing you and your pet the best, Thomas.

Mel

He's a black lab. Video of him when he was a lot younger (he's going on 12 in a couple of months).

This dog is crazy. lol

Thomas

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Good decision. We are all the dogs have to look after them. We are their whole world. I got one getting older and another not far behind. Had to pull a LOT of teeth about 6 months ago on the older one. Cost a lot of money, but can't let them suffer with sore teeth. I never knew dogs had so many. They pulled a lot and she still has a lot :) . Enough to try to bite the vet last time she had to get a shot anyways :ROFLMAO: . Surprised us both. Guess she remembered getting her teeth pulled.

lol I'm about ready to bite the vet if they continue talking about ct scans and biopsies.

My sister had a dog and he went through a lot. Had cancer and then his knees blew out. She spent a lot of money for the cancer treatment's only for them to have to stop in order to get knee surgery. He went through a lot of pain and I'm not so sure it was worth putting him through all of that for a little more time with us. She is still paying on that debt even after all of these years. I won't put my dog through something like that. I'm trying to figure out where to draw the line and protect him from more pain.

Thomas

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
I won't put my dog through something like that. I'm trying to figure out where to draw the line and protect him from more pain.
My daughter has a 4 year old, big dog. Part mastiff I believe. Anyways, he is now suffering from things growing on his spine. In terrible pain all the time. They are trying steroids, but not sure if it is helping yet. She says he will get quality of life over quantity of life. So if they can control the pain, she will do all she can to prolong his life, but if they can't control it, she will have to make that decision to put him down. He has no life when in that much pain. It's a tough decision, but we have to be their guardian and do what is best for them. I always respected her for the quality over quantity decision.

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's a black lab. Video of him when he was a lot younger (he's going on 12 in a couple of months).

This dog is crazy. lol

Thomas
😅that's like how nomi was lol
they're nutters but a part of the family
15 yrs with noms and i feel emotional everytime i see a little foxy that looks like her😞 you can sense when they're in pain too. vets..i tell ya, between vets, docs and dentists they're gonna send everyone broke🤨