Windows 7 End Of Life

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Microsoft will be stopping support for Windows 7 the first of 2020. That means we can't continue supporting our programs on Windows 7. The doesn't mean our programs won't work on Windows 7. It just means that there is a good possibility that something within the .net framework we use could change that won't be supported on Windows 7. It's out of our control at this point.

Thomas

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well i agree in that they gave EVERYONE a free upgrade from 7,8 to Win10 way back i think in 2015 or something...funny...i am in the process today upgrading a pc from 7 to 10 for them...i think we were happy to go from horse n cart to car...so its just a natural progression...and also letting people know Win 7 support may be flakey with our softwares in a future build is good to know 'now' rather than later.

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Well i agree in that they gave EVERYONE a free upgrade from 7,8 to Win10 way back i think in 2015 or something...funny...i am in the process today upgrading a pc from 7 to 10 for them...i think we were happy to go from horse n cart to car...so its just a natural progression...and also letting people know Win 7 support may be flakey with our softwares in a future build is good to know 'now' rather than later.

I think Windows 8 support will also be finishing up in 2023. Windows 8 was horrible so I don't expect a lot of people to be on that.

Thomas