License error starting ESB 3.06

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
I went to start ESB 3.06 today, and am getting an error: "License could not be verified. Please connect to the internet and try again."

I know I'm connected to the internet cause I'm here ;)

Tried uninstalling and re-installing, but same error. Is there a license server problem happening?

Thanks.

Mike M.

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
It's working on my end. Is there anything that could be blocking ESB from accessing the internet?

Thomas

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not that I know of. V4 runs. I'll reboot the computer in a bit and see if that helps.

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, sorry, I thought we were talking about version 4. There is an issue with version 3.

Thomas

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was working last time I opened it. Funny. :unsure: Anyways, the link in that post for the esb.exe file doesn't work anymore. BUT, I looked in my ESB folder and found I still had the fixed file, so changed names, ran it and, voila, back in business. đź‘Ť

Here is the link that doesn't work to download the esb file: http://easysoftwarebusiness.com/esb.zip

Just in case you have nothing to do and wanted to fix it. :ROFLMAO:

Good call on the trouble shooting. Much appreciated.

Mike M.

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the inconvenience. I was hoping to get the new version out faster so I didn't have to spend time coming up with another fix on the older version. That worked out great. lol

I'll take a look at that link.

Thanks!

Thomas

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
I'll see if I can put together a new program to activate 3.0. so we don't need to jump through these hoops.

Thomas

techedge

Hi Thomas,

I hope all is well. I also got the same error as shown below:

1648437508663.png

It is strange that it was working before for me as well. Now the old version (3.06) is no longer working.

Thanks

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, hopefully this works for everyone...

Download the esbregister file, unzip it and add it to the ESB folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\ESB). Running the esbregister.exe file should register the program. Afterward, you can just run the software as normal. You can leave the esbregister.exe file in the program folder and run it whenever you get a registration error.

Executable: http://easysoftwarebusiness.com/esbregister.zip

Thomas

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't need to run this (mine is working) so I don't know what it does.
So just wondering if you need to remove the zip now in case it allows others to run it if they haven't bought ESB?
Robbie.

techedge

Hi Thomas,

I am getting the following error message when running ESB version 3:

1650824451759.png

Please help!

Thanks,
Mohammed

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, this is the same error we've been having for some time.

I merged the bug post with the original thread.

Still the same fix.

Download the esbregister file, unzip it and add it to the ESB folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\ESB). Running the esbregister.exe file should register the program. Afterward, you can just run the software as normal. You can leave the esbregister.exe file in the program folder and run it whenever you get a registration error.

Executable: http://easysoftwarebusiness.com/esbregister.zip

Thomas

Last edited:

techedge

Hi Thomas,

Sorry I thought it was a different issue. This fixed the issue and I am now able to launch ESB 3 successfully after running esbregister file.

Thanks,
Mohammed

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Thomas,

Sorry I thought it was a different issue. This fixed the issue and I am now able to launch ESB 3 successfully after running esbregister file.

Thanks,
Mohammed

No reason to be sorry, Mohammed. I'd rather you ask if you don't know than to not ask. :)

Thomas

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thomas I needed to get another new laptop. My piece of crap Dell gave out on me again, so in the garbage it went. Anyways, I'm re-installing ESB 3 and running the esbrigister.ext program, but it says 'Email could not be verified. Please contact support....'. I assume this means I've activated too many times on my different computers at home and work. So could you check this when you have time and reset it if that is the problem.

Thanks.

Mike Murphy

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Thomas I needed to get another new laptop. My piece of crap Dell gave out on me again, so in the garbage it went. Anyways, I'm re-installing ESB 3 and running the esbrigister.ext program, but it says 'Email could not be verified. Please contact support....'. I assume this means I've activated too many times on my different computers at home and work. So could you check this when you have time and reset it if that is the problem.

Thanks.

Mike Murphy

No problemo, I reset your account.

Thomas

Last edited: