Results so far with selling the New PLR Manager ESB version

Mel Bel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi guys,

Now, I know a lot of you don't care about selling online to the bottom-feeder Internet marketing crowd. I don't blame you one bit. :)

But I think it's a good way to test your software and get some feedback...plus earn a few bucks in the process.

It's good also I believe to just get something out there and not get too hung up on trying to make everything perfect beforehand. A minimal viable product strategy.

Personally, I plan to move OUT of the Internet marketing space soon, although sometimes I feel like Michael Corleone in the Godfather 3, when he says, "When I try to get out, they pull me back in!". :)

Anyhow, PLR Manager Pro V2 has been available for about a day and a half and sold 31 copies so far (about $401 in sales), and so far there have been ZERO support requests. No peep out of anyone.

That wasn't the case with the TSB version, because it had some older "components" (I guess that's right, Thomas?), it sometimes worked ok and sometimes didn't for a small percentage of folks...but generally people liked it and most importantly, they needed it.

So with regard to marketing ideas, I think it's important that you try to find a genuine need that either isn't being met at all or being poorly met.

The other option is to find needs that are being met, but where there is some way you can meet the needs better or in a specific area better. That helps you compete with the big boys. Not everyone likes huge programs that have a gazillion features.

I think our advantage with ESB is that people still appreciate ownership. Online apps can't give you that feeling of ownership, and the largest buying crowd with the most money is still the gen-x and baby boomers.

And that group of people like their laptops and desktops for software rather than mobile apps, and they started using computers when desktop software ruled. So there is the ownership aspect and the nostalgia/familiarity aspect with ESB.

I have 3 pretty big affiliates who are about ready to promote (probably this weekend) and so I should get some more sales and we'll see how it goes. So far it's going well and ESB is a rock solid software maker and stable. :)

This is the sales page if you want to look at how I'm promoting it. Simple sales page really. Not a long page. A few bonuses. That's about it.
http://plrmanager.pro

Mel

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome news Mel!

Thanks for letting us know. I appreciate the feedback and hope to hear more stories like yours.

Fantastic advice as well. ;)

Thomas

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Just checked out your sales page. I really like the way you designed the software. Nice and clean.

Thomas

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeh thats great Mel,
good on ya :)
Why is it showing model editor in window title http://prntscr.com/dxve8 ?
Also i am installing Mac & parrallels and vmware for mac on my vmware
win 7 setup as a separate partition.
Will let you know if my stuff works...i would actually think 100% with vmware/parallels so you
could put..tested to work with Mac using bla bla etc....will let you know.
The sales amount is great, it's a pity most of us dont have access to good
affiliates but your first sentence is correct though HAHA :D
Robbie

Mel Bel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, guys!

You're right, Robbie. It does show "Model Editor" on all of the windows instead of "PLR Manager Pro". I checked it on another copy installed on my remote server too to make sure it isn't just on my computer.

I guess it's a glitch from converting the .tsb file to .esb. Not sure why really. :confused:

================

Another cool thing about ESB is the browser. Excellent rendering, so I have the software open up to a "Quick User Guide" with a "Support" button on the page as well. Later I'm going to add a blog and plr store and have those buttons on the page also. Might generate some more sales that way. :) Gives ESB a hybrid touch.

My keyword tool is a script on my server that loads in another section of the software inside a browser also. Works great.

Lots of possibilities for making money with ESB. :)

I did that with TSB too but the correct rendering of the pages wasn't always possible.

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Mel, I'll take a look at the title when I dive into the updating.

Glad to hear the browser is working a lot better than the first version. The old version was based on Internet Explorer... and a older version at that (which I didn't have control over). The new browser is based on Chrome and I have control over what version. It added more to the installation but as worth it, imo.

The hybrid stuff is cool. Nice way to pad the feature list. ;) There are a lot of scripts on Codecanyon that you can purchase rights that allow you to include scripts into a final paid product.

Thomas

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Mel, thanks for sending me over that older project.

As noted in the last release, the updates should be working now. I also tested the old project conversions using your file.

The project I converted was showing your title correctly.

Did you change anything in the Model Editor?

Thomas

Mel Bel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Thomas! I don't think I changed anything, but everything is fine on my end. I'm going to try a conversion later with a product that I didn't market very well but had some nice features and see if I can sell that better this time as a V2.

On what we were discussing...that forum idea is good. Have you ever heard of Ning? It's like a social media forum you can run. I'm going to look into that more soon. Costs a little, but at the basic level not too much.

https://www.ning.com/

Mel

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Thomas! I don't think I changed anything, but everything is fine on my end. I'm going to try a conversion later with a product that I didn't market very well but had some nice features and see if I can sell that better this time as a V2.

On what we were discussing...that forum idea is good. Have you ever heard of Ning? It's like a social media forum you can run. I'm going to look into that more soon. Costs a little, but at the basic level not too much.

https://www.ning.com/

Mel

I never head of Ning. I have plans on upgrading this forum to Xenforo this year. Once I get a little free time. haha

Or you could set up a community on Facebook and once that is built up roll it over to a forum.

Thomas

Mel Bel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Xenforo will be good!

I'm at 110 sales so far with the new PLR Manager. Moving up some every day...and a few hundred dollars made from the buyers promoting other offers to them as an affiliate.

I guess it's fair to say I got really burnt out on online marketing and had to take a break for a few months. But it feels good to be back into the swing of things. :)

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Xenforo will be good!

I'm at 110 sales so far with the new PLR Manager. Moving up some every day...and a few hundred dollars made from the buyers promoting other offers to them as an affiliate.

I guess it's fair to say I got really burnt out on online marketing and had to take a break for a few months. But it feels good to be back into the swing of things. :)

Well look at you! Great results Mel.

Yeah, the IM stuff can really bring you down. A break is always good to gain perspective.

I found it becomes better if you can manage their expectations. That is why I never like selling get rich quick type of stuff. You will still get people with unrealistic expectations and they will blame you for everything. :eek: haha

It's all part of the game. Do your best to help people and it will work out in the end.

I made many friends (many are on this forum) from the IM scene that will last for a lifetime.

Now you have a product that can be sold for many years. Keep stacking the products and those sales add up fast. Then you will be able to pay much more for a customer than your competition because you got a lot of stuff to sell them. That is when the power of scaling comes into play.

Thomas

Mel Bel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, me too. I have never sold get rich quick offers and never will. When I began all of this years ago, I noticed right away how many refunds those sellers get, plus the complaints about them, and I didn't want to go down that path.

I nabbed a good .net domain recently (promarketer.net), and that is where I'm going to eventually have my flagship software using ESB. And that's what it's going to be called - Pro Marketer. Everything I'm selling now and next month is to get more customers, more affiliates, and more rep through my sister's account (her name is Joan and we do all of this together - she is who actually spotted your final TSB sale you had on the WF).

We're going to rip it up this year, and ESB is going to be our mean greenback reaping machine. :)

I'm also looking forward to seeing what others do with ESB this year. Hopefully some of them will share their results. Exciting times ahead.

Mel

cjseven

Yeah, me too. I have never sold get rich quick offers and never will. When I began all of this years ago, I noticed right away how many refunds those sellers get, plus the complaints about them, and I didn't want to go down that path.

I nabbed a good .net domain recently (promarketer.net), and that is where I'm going to eventually have my flagship software using ESB. And that's what it's going to be called - Pro Marketer. Everything I'm selling now and next month is to get more customers, more affiliates, and more rep through my sister's account (her name is Joan and we do all of this together - she is who actually spotted your final TSB sale you had on the WF).

We're going to rip it up this year, and ESB is going to be our mean greenback reaping machine. :)

I'm also looking forward to seeing what others do with ESB this year. Hopefully some of them will share their results. Exciting times ahead.

Mel

Nice product you created. Congratulations on your sale numbers! Well done.

Mel Bel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, Antonio! :)

I listed it on JVZoo recently too - hopefully I can recruit more affiliates to send traffic my way. I recruited a good one from there today (6000+ sales to his credit). He's hitting his list for me Thursday.

Tc
Mel

Johnm

Hi Mel
Your product and sales page look good, I also have a copy of your first version. Good on you for persevering it looks like you have a good product.

I noticed in your first comment in this thread referred to, quote:
the gen-x and baby boomers.
"And that group of people like their laptops and desktops for software rather than mobile apps, and they started using computers when desktop software ruled. So there is the ownership aspect and the nostalgia/familiarity aspect with ESB."

I absolutely agree with you and have very recently started a new project http://yournevertoold.com
with the target market basically 50+.
The possibilities are endless as "your never too old" to do something, to have a go, to learn, to start a business etc, etc,
Can even target a younger market that may have missed doing something along their journey.

There are a lot of opportunities for simple software in this market place and I am looking for material and ideas to promote, would even promote a software from this forum members for free if the product is applicable to the theme of the site.

Food for thought.
John Mc :)

Mel Bel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, John. :)

I like your project, and most of my customers are over 50. I know that because I do my own research on samples of them to get a better idea of what type of customer is buying my products.

=========

I don't know if anyone here saw the uproar that occurred when Ancestry.com announced they were discontinuing their desktop software and moving everything to an online app. A lot of those customers were enraged by it...it was a massive online protest.

The whole idea that was floating around that "desktop software is dead" was just pure nonsense - a lie spun up and spread around by SaaS providers and influencers.

What I'm doing now with sharing my sales news sounds a bit like I'm bragging, but what I'm trying to do is just stir up some ESB owners to get motivated to create something and start marketing it. The demand for what we can create with ESB exists, and even with little promotion you can make sales.

I've done no ad promotion at all. I've simply created my program with ESB, contacted some people who sell plr products and who have a list of subscribers, and asked them if they would like to promote my software to them for a commission.

Nothing salesy. I don't even have a demo video on the sales page.

For the membership backend I''m using InstaMember, and I use Thrive Content Builder to create my sales pages.

If anyone here wants to pick my brain a little, I'll be glad to share what I know.

This has been a nice little run with PLR Manager so far. I wanted to get something out there so I could gauge buyer reaction and get some feedback, and the results have been very positive - people really like this software created with ESB. :)

rjj418

Johnm - don't mean to nitpick (well, maybe I do) but you've made a glaring grammatical error - It would be YOU'RE never too old, not YOUR never too old. Just an oversight I'm sure...I'm a proofreader at heart and would offer my services to anyone who would need/want it.

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Johnm - don't mean to nitpick (well, maybe I do) but you've made a glaring grammatical error - It would be YOU'RE never too old, not YOUR never too old. Just an oversight I'm sure...I'm a proofreader at heart and would offer my services to anyone who would need/want it.

How's retirement Rich? :D

Thomas

rjj418

Thomas, so far so good - not getting much done product creation wise - settling mom's estate (she passed away in Oct at age 92) has taken bulk of my time but the end is in sight. The end of settling, not of me! LOL!

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Thomas, so far so good - not getting much done product creation wise - settling mom's estate (she passed away in Oct at age 92) has taken bulk of my time but the end is in sight. The end of settling, not of me! LOL!

Sorry to hear about your mom. 94 is a pretty good run. I don't recall any of my family making it that far.

I'm sure you'll be back on the product creation gravy train in no time. Perfect timing with ESB finally getting close to a release.

Thomas