Update on new ESB 4.0

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
whoa...i noticed that too. And i did the same thing. I had to go in and delete MY working email accounts and just put in fake example ones.
So that is a relieving bit of news because i know me and i would forget. May need to reset my brain lol.
Thanks T

There is a new Account form that you would use for all accounts like emails, websites, etc. You can add your own property editors to it. It automatically comes with a Name and Description field. You will need to use this form for any accounts so ESB can distinguish them from other forms.

There are also some oauth account forms that is used for rest services. They also won't store account details in the project file

Thomas

Last edited:

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing urgent but i noticed that page ONE of this thread is not accessible :/
"....
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

....."

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, same here. Looks like I missed some upgrade. I just assumed they would email me but looks like they don't do that.

Edited to add: Changed the name of the thread and it's working now. Strange... I went ahead and upgraded anyway.

Thomas

Last edited:

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Still working every day on this. I know everyone is waiting patiently and I greatly appreciate it. Honestly, I am burned out but can't relax until we get this out. ;)

Thomas

Last edited:

schmutly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow...well,
you need to take a week or two off else we all will kick your A$$...seriously.
It can wait...your health can't.
As PROOF....i had been stuck for ages on my plugin trying to work out why it wouldn't activate software. I took time off...had a think about things and i knew i didnt CHANGE anything in the license file..BUT....something DID change..it was "time" and "versions".
Meaning...the updated PHP 7+ and now 8 had some depreciated code and when i checked what was different BAM!!! fixed
Thank God, literally. It was bugging me for months.
Few more things to sort through though...but..funny how i just worked it out and thought I'd look in here and see this. :)
We are behind you Thomas.
Yes...you can relax. My service manager years ago when i was stuck on a electronic issue on a Sharp photocopier...go outside, relax. Don't think about it. Come back in and leave the stress outside. Made me think clearer and come at it from a different angle. We got it fixed but i think Him being there helped hahaha.
ANYWAY....good to know its not too far off but i will just keep at this as it will be needed....my motivation LOL.
Your motivation is to know we will keep waiting and ,well...were not going anywhere hahaha.

Robbie

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Wow...well,
you need to take a week or two off else we all will kick your A$$...seriously.
It can wait...your health can't.
As PROOF....i had been stuck for ages on my plugin trying to work out why it wouldn't activate software. I took time off...had a think about things and i knew i didnt CHANGE anything in the license file..BUT....something DID change..it was "time" and "versions".
Meaning...the updated PHP 7+ and now 8 had some depreciated code and when i checked what was different BAM!!! fixed
Thank God, literally. It was bugging me for months.
Few more things to sort through though...but..funny how i just worked it out and thought I'd look in here and see this. :)
We are behind you Thomas.
Yes...you can relax. My service manager years ago when i was stuck on a electronic issue on a Sharp photocopier...go outside, relax. Don't think about it. Come back in and leave the stress outside. Made me think clearer and come at it from a different angle. We got it fixed but i think Him being there helped hahaha.
ANYWAY....good to know its not too far off but i will just keep at this as it will be needed....my motivation LOL.
Your motivation is to know we will keep waiting and ,well...were not going anywhere hahaha.

Robbie

Thanks Robbie, I hear ya. From a productivity standpoint, you're right. It is best to take time off and get your mind off of the problem. I try and work on something up until I either finish it or I run into a problem I can't figure out. Then I take time off of that problem and work on something else and return to it later. Works for me and keeps me productive. I don't watch television so my day is more open than most and am able to go outside and play with the dog or some chores around the house while still put in a lot of time on the program. I just really want to get this done. haha

Thomas

Last edited:

Mel Bel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, no rush here also. Joan is working on some software using the current version, and I think she's going to do some launches pretty soon. The current version works good, so I don't think anyone is sweating the release of this monster you're working on. :) You'll get it done in due time. No worries.

Mel

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, no rush here also. Joan is working on some software using the current version, and I think she's going to do some launches pretty soon. The current version works good, so I don't think anyone is sweating the release of this monster you're working on. :) You'll get it done in due time. No worries.

Mel
I appreciate that Mel. I always worry that people may be waiting for this new version and not making money. Part of the reason I push myself. :)

Thomas

MikeM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, what they said. Not making any money anyway, and I don't think the new version will change that ;) . So take time off if needed. I'm still working on my own thing, website, program, etc. But I really do procrastinate. On my days off, I work for an hour or so, go for coffee, walk the dogs for an hour or so, come back and sit in the snow by my firepit, then go in the house and try to work some more. I'm contemplating retiring from my 'normal' job, so that takes a lot of brain power going back and forth thinking of the pros and cons. Actually quite exhausting :LOL: . Then there are the days I actually am productive and get things done. When I was a mechanic I solved many problems by leaving them until the next day and letting my subconscious solve them overnight while I was sleeping. Oh oh, looks like the dogs are all staring at me. Must be walk in the wild time.

MikeM

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, what they said. Not making any money anyway, and I don't think the new version will change that ;) . So take time off if needed. I'm still working on my own thing, website, program, etc. But I really do procrastinate. On my days off, I work for an hour or so, go for coffee, walk the dogs for an hour or so, come back and sit in the snow by my firepit, then go in the house and try to work some more. I'm contemplating retiring from my 'normal' job, so that takes a lot of brain power going back and forth thinking of the pros and cons. Actually quite exhausting :LOL: . Then there are the days I actually am productive and get things done. When I was a mechanic I solved many problems by leaving them until the next day and letting my subconscious solve them overnight while I was sleeping. Oh oh, looks like the dogs are all staring at me. Must be walk in the wild time.

MikeM

Maybe I need to retire as well. haha

My dog is 11 now and still thinks he is a puppy. He keeps hurting himself running around. He acts like he is dying and then in the morning he is ready to play again even though he is till hurt. I keep having to lift his 80 pounds up the stairs every time he decides he is a puppy again. It's been months since he hurt himself so it was about time it happened.

Thomas

Last edited:

Mel Bel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe I need to retire as well. haha

My dog is 11 now and still thinks he is a puppy. He keeps hurting himself running around. He acts like he is dying and then in the morning he is ready to play again even though he is till hurt. I keep having to lift his 80 pounds up the stairs every time he decides he is a puppy again. It's been months since he hurt himself so it was about time it happened.

Thomas
I guess dogs stay in a small child state of mind most of their lives. Joan has an 8 year old German Shepherd, and from the time he was a few months old up till now he ALWAYS greets guests with his ball in his mouth, ready to play. Lol. You gotta love dogs. :)

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
I guess dogs stay in a small child state of mind most of their lives. Joan has an 8 year old German Shepherd, and from the time he was a few months old up till now he ALWAYS greets guests with his ball in his mouth, ready to play. Lol. You gotta love dogs. :)

They definitely live in the moment which a lot of us could learn from. :) My dog always grabs a toy when he sees me. I'm starting to think he believes I am his toy as well. I should say toy and belly scratcher.

Thomas

Eyasu

Hi Thomas and to all of you,
Greetings. What is the latest ESB version number please? Thanks
Eyasu

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Thomas and to all of you,
Greetings. What is the latest ESB version number please? Thanks
Eyasu

Hi Eyasu! Hope you and your family are well.

The latest release information is here:

Hopefully I will be updating that thread very soon with version 4.0.

Thanks,

Thomas

Eyasu

I am doing well personally Thomas. But things are changing swiftly and there are some concerns I am dealing with which I will email you if you will. Thank you.

TigerSoftware

Administrator
Staff member
I am doing well personally Thomas. But things are changing swiftly and there are some concerns I am dealing with which I will email you if you will. Thank you.

Eyasu, I've been waiting for your email but nothing so far. Hopefully I can help with whatever is concerning you. :) I'm working every day on these programs so please be patient with me when it comes to answering emails and posts. Extra time isn't something I've had for quite some time. haha

Thomas